Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » April 21st, 2011, 8:17 pm

EarlJam wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week. After a couple of days of my boss treating me like crap, I went into his office and asked if I should be looking for a new job. Before I could even finish getting the sentence out of my mouth, he said, "Yes." I asked about a time line, and he said there isn't one. From my end, the time line is as soon as I can get another job and get the heck out of there. The few coworkers I have told have been absolutely stunned and don't know what the heck the boss is thinking. Fortunately one of these people has lots of local connections and is going to shop my CV around for me.

What really torques me is that I put in a boatload of extra time and have had to cancel numerous plans because of work - including my vacation last fall that was supposed to include the Alabama game brunchgate. Ask me how many extra hours I'm going to be putting in between now and my last day, whenever that may be. I will do my job, but it will be very difficult to motivate me to go above and beyond the call of duty as I have been doing for the past 3 years.

I should've gotten a clue from the number of people who have held my position before me. A former coworker has a theory that the boss always has to have a scapegoat around to blame when things go wrong. Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest. I'm being blamed for things that aren't my fault. In fact, many of them are his fault. I've always been willing to take the blame when I goof, which has ended up being a negative because I'm "too honest." It makes it easier for the boss to blame me for other things.
Arkie,

I've been in your shoes before and know what it feels like to feel you are always being honest and doing a great job, only to have some dipshit manager who's afraid of his shadow throw you under the bus for things that he/she should at LEAST take some, if not MOST of the responsibility for. I also, however, think you might need some fresh perspective, looking at things from his point of view. You know, try to understand him. You see Arkie, from his point of view, he can't see things to well because his is a wet festering sack of whale shit sitting on the bottom of the ocean. It really gets no lower than that. Also, please keep in mind that the cowardly fuck really had no other choice to do what he did. It's simply in his pathetic and horrifically flawed DNA. And don't be too upset about how he treated you on the days leading up to his reply of, "Yes." He may have treated you badly, but remember, men get really upset, bothered and anxious when their significant others blast them for not being able to get it up in bed. He was just taking his hurt out on you. Also, imagine how hard it must be to exist day-to-day as a hollow-souled dip-shit moron who likely hates himself and therefore is Hellbound on making certain no one around him every dares to see the light of joy. In short, FUCK that FUCKING FUCKER!

See Arkie? Doesn't it feel good to see things from the other's perspective.

Geesh. What a heaping, buldging bag of tic turds this piece of work is. Your boss: May he burn in Hell.

You'll be fine, and here are some mega kick-ass vibes for you!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KICK :wizard: ASS!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
Hell to the yeah!! That's my bro!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 8:29 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Wow, I've been out of the loop. Best wishes for your job search, AD. Having done it a more than a few times(due to my tendency to get bored with a job quickly), it can be an exciting process as whole new avenues of life can open up.
Thanks, Ymo. No telling where I could end up or what I could end up doing.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 21st, 2011, 9:17 pm

AD, I have also been out of the loop. After reading your post about the difference in numbers, several weeks ago, this doesn't surprise me. Even if your a-hole boss said he didn't want you to leave, you would have if this sort of crap kept happening. You deserve to work for a boss that is way above this one. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 21st, 2011, 9:31 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm sick of being fat and unhealthy. Wish me luck. I start P90X on Monday. Maybe in 90 days I'll have some before and after photos. Nah, I'll spare you guys the before. Most of you have seen it.

@};-
Good luck!! You can do it. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 9:46 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:AD, I have also been out of the loop. After reading your post about the difference in numbers, several weeks ago, this doesn't surprise me. Even if your a-hole boss said he didn't want you to leave, you would have if this sort of crap kept happening. You deserve to work for a boss that is way above this one. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Thanks VDB!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 21st, 2011, 11:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm sick of being fat and unhealthy. Wish me luck. I start P90X on Monday. Maybe in 90 days I'll have some before and after photos. Nah, I'll spare you guys the before. Most of you have seen it.

@};-
I hear that's quite an undertaking -- best of luck in sticking with the program, and more importantly, in getting back to a state of feeling good about yourself!

:duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 22nd, 2011, 12:17 am

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Hey, Lavabe, does your mom's first name begin with an H? Because Facebook is telling me that I should add her as a friend. You and ILJ are the 2 friends I have in common with her and she shares your last name, so I assumed it's your mom.

:9f:
Yes. I suspect that there's some facebook ap that is doing this. I get similar sorts of stuff. Fortunately, I don't have two friends who like Harrison Barnes. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
I'm not going to add her because I've never met her in person or on the phone. That's sort of my threshold for adding a FB friend (with exceptions for Duke Basketball players!).

Tell your Mom I said "Hey!"

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 22nd, 2011, 12:30 am

windsor wrote:It is important to kick with style....I stand ready to ruin his reproductive future.

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

What the toe doesn't accomplish, the heel will.

Game On.
Oh my! They're Jimmy Choos! I :Heartthrob: them!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 22nd, 2011, 10:43 am

CathyCA wrote:
Oh my! They're Jimmy Choos! I :Heartthrob: them!
I think EJ holds great :romance-inlove: for them too.
I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin'.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 22nd, 2011, 10:57 am

CathyCA wrote:Oh my! They're Jimmy Choos! I :Heartthrob: them!
A sense of style is sooo important when you're about to blast some guys Kibble and Bits clear up through his liver.

My one and only pair of Jimmy Choos are virtual identical to the one pictured. I rarely dress up (dockers/polos for work) but there is something about a truly great pair of shoes. I :x them so.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 22nd, 2011, 11:25 am

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Oh my! They're Jimmy Choos! I :Heartthrob: them!
A sense of style is sooo important when you're about to blast some guys Kibble and Bits clear up through his liver.

My one and only pair of Jimmy Choos are virtual identical to the one pictured. I rarely dress up (dockers/polos for work) but there is something about a truly great pair of shoes. I :x them so.
That is one great-looking pair of heels. I'm not normally into wearing high heels, but I might be tempted to wear a pair of shoes like those.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 22nd, 2011, 2:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:That is one great-looking pair of heels. I'm not normally into wearing high heels, but I might be tempted to wear a pair of shoes like those.

They are wonderful...comfortable (as much as heel that high can be comfortable) the fit...the leather...handmade...and the cool little bag they come in...normally I am not a label whore...but I do love these shoes.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 23rd, 2011, 6:15 am

Are Jimmy Choos the ones you see in a lot of movies and TV shows lately with the red sole? I think those look really cool.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 23rd, 2011, 6:32 am

bjornolf wrote:Are Jimmy Choos the ones you see in a lot of movies and TV shows lately with the red sole? I think those look really cool.

@};-

Christian Louboutin shoes have the red soles....and they are gorgeous...perhaps one day I will splurge on a pair of those as well.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 23rd, 2011, 7:48 am

Oh, okay. Well, some Jimmy Choos have them, I guess. I found this at a website, and it said these are choos. Maybe they were confused.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 23rd, 2011, 8:44 am

bjornolf wrote:Oh, okay. Well, some Jimmy Choos have them, I guess. I found this at a website, and it said these are choos. Maybe they were confused.

@};-
A Red sole isn't a Jimmy Choo trademark - but I guess there is always room for a splash of color...I LIKE those shoes!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 23rd, 2011, 10:18 am

I am going to a baby shower this afternoon. I hate them....hate them with the heat of a thousand suns. I do not mind celebrating the impending birth...it just seems as though planning a shower sucks 100 IQ points right out of the hostess' head - really - do they think those games are amusing????? Kill me now. :violence-pistoldouble:
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 23rd, 2011, 10:59 am

I went to a baby shower once shortly after giving birth myself. I forget which kid, maybe Jack. Anyway, I won all the games without even halfway trying - and this was when I was definitely feeling 'nursing brain'. I think baby showers must suck the IQ out of all the guests too. Except maybe the only recently non-pregnant ones. I tried not to take all of the prizes but they made me, "No, you won, fair and square!" One prize was a box of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. I didn't mind winning that one.

My favorite baby showers though are the ones where there are some babies too. I am a slave to the diaper set. I can sit through anything if you give me a baby to hold (or my knitting).
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 23rd, 2011, 11:00 am

Oh, and Happy Shakespeare's birthday!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2011, 11:01 am

windsor wrote:I am going to a baby shower this afternoon. I hate them....hate them with the heat of a thousand suns. I do not mind celebrating the impending birth...it just seems as though planning a shower sucks 100 IQ points right out of the hostess' head - really - do they think those games are amusing????? Kill me now. :violence-pistoldouble:
Heh, heh, heh. . .

I gave a baby shower for my real estate paralegal back in November. I didn't buy any of those stupid frou frou paper decorations or supplies. I used my china, silver and crystal and my linens. It was a beautiful shower, if I do so so myself.

But we did play the stupid games. All of the prizes I bought were "shower" themed. Except they weren't baby shower themed. They were SHOWER themed. I bought prizes including bath gels, wrap around towels, bath salts and pampering spa things to award to the game winners. I thought I was being so clever. B-)

~ James Naismith