LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 21st, 2011, 8:44 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Sorry to hear this AD. Your boss is an asshole. I think I'll borrow a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's and go kick him in the balls for you. No point in aiming anywhere else - might as well do the job right the first time :D

Job seeking vibes to you }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
What he said. Lotta vibes AD. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 21st, 2011, 9:51 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:Sorry about your work situation, especially after all your hard work and sacrifices. Best of luck in your job search.
Thanks, devildeac.

Did you, by chance, notice how I'm using the sucky employment situation to boost my post count? I learned from the master: some guy whose name rhymes with bevel squeak. :D
You can be sure of massive vibes from us. :wizard: Although this sucks, I do remember some of the topics you have raised in the last year. I hope whatever you find will be in a safer, less problematic environment.
Agreed with Lav, and I can totally sympathize with an impending job search. Vibes from Atlanta. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 21st, 2011, 10:06 am

ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week..../ Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest.....
Yes. Lousy.I know exactly how you feel. I've been thrown under so much, I've become desensitized to it, now. I'd kick his ass for you if I were around. What a turd!
Hold your head high! I don't give a continental damn what he thinks. Your honesty should pay off in the end, and he should fall like the ass he is! In a justified world, this will be the reality. Take warning, shithead boss!
What goes around, comes around. X(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 21st, 2011, 10:19 am

You can add my point toed shin (or higher) kicks to the collection. Given some of the issues that have happened at work, this is probably for the best. I know, that doesn't help while you are looking for a job. You will find something where you are working with a department that has the same ethical standards that you have.

Can you use a version of your boss's name if they insist on putting your name on that paper you were worried about? :D
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2011, 12:33 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm sick of being fat and unhealthy. Wish me luck. I start P90X on Monday. Maybe in 90 days I'll have some before and after photos. Nah, I'll spare you guys the before. Most of you have seen it.

@};-
Good luck, bjornolf! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 21st, 2011, 12:38 pm

It is important to kick with style....I stand ready to ruin his reproductive future.

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg
247lilacpat_large_1.jpg (45.94 KiB) Viewed 337 times

What the toe doesn't accomplish, the heel will.

Game On.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 21st, 2011, 2:40 pm

windsor wrote:It is important to kick with style....I stand ready to ruin his reproductive future.

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
Damn! That won't just kill roaches in the corner. It'll get little pissants in the corner.

AD, he'd best beware! :ymdevil:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 21st, 2011, 3:35 pm

captmojo wrote:
windsor wrote:It is important to kick with style....I stand ready to ruin his reproductive future.

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
Damn! That won't just kill roaches in the corner. It'll get little pissants in the corner.

AD, he'd best beware! :ymdevil:

To get bug goo of any kind on a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes is a crime against humanity and all that is fashion.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 21st, 2011, 4:14 pm

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
Is that from your closet or EarlJam's?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2011, 4:30 pm

devildeac wrote:

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
Is that from your closet or EarlJam's?
Ooh, EJ would be as tall as a Plumlee with those on!
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 21st, 2011, 4:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week. After a couple of days of my boss treating me like crap, I went into his office and asked if I should be looking for a new job. Before I could even finish getting the sentence out of my mouth, he said, "Yes." I asked about a time line, and he said there isn't one. From my end, the time line is as soon as I can get another job and get the heck out of there. The few coworkers I have told have been absolutely stunned and don't know what the heck the boss is thinking. Fortunately one of these people has lots of local connections and is going to shop my CV around for me.

What really torques me is that I put in a boatload of extra time and have had to cancel numerous plans because of work - including my vacation last fall that was supposed to include the Alabama game brunchgate. Ask me how many extra hours I'm going to be putting in between now and my last day, whenever that may be. I will do my job, but it will be very difficult to motivate me to go above and beyond the call of duty as I have been doing for the past 3 years.

I should've gotten a clue from the number of people who have held my position before me. A former coworker has a theory that the boss always has to have a scapegoat around to blame when things go wrong. Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest. I'm being blamed for things that aren't my fault. In fact, many of them are his fault. I've always been willing to take the blame when I goof, which has ended up being a negative because I'm "too honest." It makes it easier for the boss to blame me for other things.
Arkie,

I've been in your shoes before and know what it feels like to feel you are always being honest and doing a great job, only to have some dipshit manager who's afraid of his shadow throw you under the bus for things that he/she should at LEAST take some, if not MOST of the responsibility for. I also, however, think you might need some fresh perspective, looking at things from his point of view. You know, try to understand him. You see Arkie, from his point of view, he can't see things to well because his is a wet festering sack of whale shit sitting on the bottom of the ocean. It really gets no lower than that. Also, please keep in mind that the cowardly fuck really had no other choice to do what he did. It's simply in his pathetic and horrifically flawed DNA. And don't be too upset about how he treated you on the days leading up to his reply of, "Yes." He may have treated you badly, but remember, men get really upset, bothered and anxious when their significant others blast them for not being able to get it up in bed. He was just taking his hurt out on you. Also, imagine how hard it must be to exist day-to-day as a hollow-souled dip-shit moron who likely hates himself and therefore is Hellbound on making certain no one around him every dares to see the light of joy. In short, FUCK that FUCKING FUCKER!

See Arkie? Doesn't it feel good to see things from the other's perspective.

Geesh. What a heaping, buldging bag of tic turds this piece of work is. Your boss: May he burn in Hell.

You'll be fine, and here are some mega kick-ass vibes for you!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KICK :wizard: ASS!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » April 21st, 2011, 4:53 pm

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
I am 97 percent certain I'd have sex with that shoe. :p

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 21st, 2011, 5:50 pm

EarlJam wrote:

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
I am 97 percent certain I'd have sex with that shoe. :p

-EarlJam
Please read what I wrote about bug goo on Jimmy Choo shoes...extrapolate

%-( :twitch:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 7:17 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Sorry to hear this AD. Your boss is an asshole. I think I'll borrow a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's and go kick him in the balls for you. No point in aiming anywhere else - might as well do the job right the first time :D

Job seeking vibes to you }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
What he said. Lotta vibes AD. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks CB&B!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 7:19 pm

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:You can be sure of massive vibes from us. :wizard: Although this sucks, I do remember some of the topics you have raised in the last year. I hope whatever you find will be in a safer, less problematic environment.
Agreed with Lav, and I can totally sympathize with an impending job search. Vibes from Atlanta. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, wilson! How's your job search going? Job search vibes back at ya! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 7:20 pm

captmojo wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week..../ Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest.....
Yes. Lousy.I know exactly how you feel. I've been thrown under so much, I've become desensitized to it, now. I'd kick his ass for you if I were around. What a turd!
Hold your head high! I don't give a continental damn what he thinks. Your honesty should pay off in the end, and he should fall like the ass he is! In a justified world, this will be the reality. Take warning, shithead boss!
What goes around, comes around. X(
Thanks captmojo! Shin kicks to your boss, too, just for good measure. I'm sure he's done something today to deserve it.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 7:31 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:You can add my point toed shin (or higher) kicks to the collection. Given some of the issues that have happened at work, this is probably for the best. I know, that doesn't help while you are looking for a job. You will find something where you are working with a department that has the same ethical standards that you have.

Can you use a version of your boss's name if they insist on putting your name on that paper you were worried about? :D
Thanks for the shin kicks!

Interestingly, I think the boss may be starting to see what I meant regarding the data analysis for this particular manuscript. Amazing what happens when you actually read a draft of the manuscript. We had a very productive meeting this afternoon WITHOUT the PI, and we got some good compromise measures ironed out with regard to the data analysis. All in all, it leans far more toward what I did rather than what the first author did initially (she was at the meeting). This is all after a meeting on Tuesday, with the PI, when I was absolutely put through the wringer for my analysis. My boss is a bit sensitive to the winds of politics, so he tends to side with powerful PIs when push comes to shove. That's why I think today's meeting went well - pushy powermonger PI wasn't present. We'll just see how all of today's work holds up when the PI is around for the meeting.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 7:32 pm

247lilacpat_large_1.jpg

Game On.
=)) :ymdevil: :happy-bouncyblue: :tools-spork:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 7:35 pm

EarlJam wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week. After a couple of days of my boss treating me like crap, I went into his office and asked if I should be looking for a new job. Before I could even finish getting the sentence out of my mouth, he said, "Yes." I asked about a time line, and he said there isn't one. From my end, the time line is as soon as I can get another job and get the heck out of there. The few coworkers I have told have been absolutely stunned and don't know what the heck the boss is thinking. Fortunately one of these people has lots of local connections and is going to shop my CV around for me.

What really torques me is that I put in a boatload of extra time and have had to cancel numerous plans because of work - including my vacation last fall that was supposed to include the Alabama game brunchgate. Ask me how many extra hours I'm going to be putting in between now and my last day, whenever that may be. I will do my job, but it will be very difficult to motivate me to go above and beyond the call of duty as I have been doing for the past 3 years.

I should've gotten a clue from the number of people who have held my position before me. A former coworker has a theory that the boss always has to have a scapegoat around to blame when things go wrong. Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest. I'm being blamed for things that aren't my fault. In fact, many of them are his fault. I've always been willing to take the blame when I goof, which has ended up being a negative because I'm "too honest." It makes it easier for the boss to blame me for other things.
Arkie,

I've been in your shoes before and know what it feels like to feel you are always being honest and doing a great job, only to have some dipshit manager who's afraid of his shadow throw you under the bus for things that he/she should at LEAST take some, if not MOST of the responsibility for. I also, however, think you might need some fresh perspective, looking at things from his point of view. You know, try to understand him. You see Arkie, from his point of view, he can't see things to well because his is a wet festering sack of whale shit sitting on the bottom of the ocean. It really gets no lower than that. Also, please keep in mind that the cowardly fuck really had no other choice to do what he did. It's simply in his pathetic and horrifically flawed DNA. And don't be too upset about how he treated you on the days leading up to his reply of, "Yes." He may have treated you badly, but remember, men get really upset, bothered and anxious when their significant others blast them for not being able to get it up in bed. He was just taking his hurt out on you. Also, imagine how hard it must be to exist day-to-day as a hollow-souled dip-shit moron who likely hates himself and therefore is Hellbound on making certain no one around him every dares to see the light of joy. In short, FUCK that FUCKING FUCKER!

See Arkie? Doesn't it feel good to see things from the other's perspective.

Geesh. What a heaping, buldging bag of tic turds this piece of work is. Your boss: May he burn in Hell.

You'll be fine, and here are some mega kick-ass vibes for you!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((KICK :wizard: ASS!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Thanks EJ!
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 21st, 2011, 8:11 pm

Wow, I've been out of the loop. Best wishes for your job search, AD. Having done it a more than a few times(due to my tendency to get bored with a job quickly), it can be an exciting process as whole new avenues of life can open up.