LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » April 20th, 2011, 7:03 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Sorry to hear this AD. Your boss is an asshole. I think I'll borrow a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's and go kick him in the balls for you. No point in aiming anywhere else - might as well do the job right the first time :D

Job seeking vibes to you }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
And I'll bring Ezzmarellda's barbed stiletto's to the fight. Damn that bastard X( X( X( He can rot in hell with the nastiest of the tar holes.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 20th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Thanks, Cathy, DPA, and Ozzie! I appreciate any and all kicks you care to aim his way.

Notice I said that I had to ask if I should be looking for a new job? That's his management style: whoever is in the dog house gets cut out of the loop and is expected to know what they're supposed to do. I finally got fed up enough to ask the question. Knowing is better than not knowing IMO.

I am currently maxed out on vacation days. I will not feel guilty about cashing them out when I leave. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 20th, 2011, 7:41 pm

AD, this absolutely sucks. Vibes and prayers for a job where you are appreciated SOON.

And add me to the one sending pointy-toed kicks to the shin of your asshole boss. I will leave the shots the the groin region to the VERY sharp and well-aimed paws of Merlin the Rescue Hound. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 20th, 2011, 7:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:AD, this absolutely sucks. Vibes and prayers for a job where you are appreciated SOON.

And add me to the one sending pointy-toed kicks to the shin of your asshole boss. I will leave the shots the the groin region to the VERY sharp and well-aimed paws of Merlin the Rescue Hound. X(
Thanks lawgrad! Since posting earlier I've spoken with a friend/collaborator who is as stunned as everyone else. Fortunately she's also willing to act as a reference for me. She works for a pharmaceutical company in CA and has been VERY pleased with the work I've done for her. In fact, I'll have at least one publication with her by the time all is said and done. This whole job search thing could work. It is truly a load off my mind to have someone other than my boss who can vouch for my work.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 20th, 2011, 8:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Sorry to hear this AD. Your boss is an asshole. I think I'll borrow a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's and go kick him in the balls for you. No point in aiming anywhere else - might as well do the job right the first time :D

Job seeking vibes to you }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I want to see Ozzie in a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's, or anyone else's for that matter. ;)

While everyone else is aiming for the jewels, I'm gonna stick with the spot I know I can kick, the shins. What a jerk!

Vibes you find a new, fabulous job soon. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 20th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Sorry about your work situation, especially after all your hard work and sacrifices. Best of luck in your job search.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 20th, 2011, 10:50 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

I want to see Ozzie in a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's, or anyone else's for that matter. ;)

While everyone else is aiming for the jewels, I'm gonna stick with the spot I know I can kick, the shins. What a jerk!

Vibes you find a new, fabulous job soon. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Thanks, Tilly.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 20th, 2011, 10:53 pm

devildeac wrote:Sorry about your work situation, especially after all your hard work and sacrifices. Best of luck in your job search.
Thanks, devildeac.

Did you, by chance, notice how I'm using the sucky employment situation to boost my post count? I learned from the master: some guy whose name rhymes with bevel squeak. :D
-- Albert Einstein
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » April 20th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Sorry AD, I really need to get to the post office this week, don't I?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 20th, 2011, 11:58 pm

I started Isabel Allende's Zorro today.
Tomorrow, I shall continue it.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 21st, 2011, 2:06 am

ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week.
What a fuckin' a-hole. Sorry, AD -- looking for a new job is always a terrible stress, but on the bright side, you may jump into something so wonderful you'll wonder why you ever stayed as long as you did. :ymhug:

I'll send some furious mental shin-kicks his way too.

Out of curiosity, do you have any contact with *his* manager? If the organization is at all otherwise functional (as opposed to dys-functional,) the person above may be interested in some honest, well-documented feedback about how poorly your a-hole manager has been performing his job, and blaming you (and probably the people before you.) It's possible said manager's manager may also be a good reference, assuming this person is also not a total a-hole with his head up his butt.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for kicking off a successful, and short, job hunt!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 21st, 2011, 4:47 am

AD-

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: for your job search.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 21st, 2011, 4:53 am

I'm sick of being fat and unhealthy. Wish me luck. I start P90X on Monday. Maybe in 90 days I'll have some before and after photos. Nah, I'll spare you guys the before. Most of you have seen it.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 5:46 am

bjornolf wrote:I'm sick of being fat and unhealthy. Wish me luck. I start P90X on Monday. Maybe in 90 days I'll have some before and after photos. Nah, I'll spare you guys the before. Most of you have seen it.

@};-
Good luck with P90x, and with weight loss! We may need to resurrect the Exercise thread. :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 5:52 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week.
What a fuckin' a-hole. Sorry, AD -- looking for a new job is always a terrible stress, but on the bright side, you may jump into something so wonderful you'll wonder why you ever stayed as long as you did. :ymhug:

I'll send some furious mental shin-kicks his way too.

Out of curiosity, do you have any contact with *his* manager? If the organization is at all otherwise functional (as opposed to dys-functional,) the person above may be interested in some honest, well-documented feedback about how poorly your a-hole manager has been performing his job, and blaming you (and probably the people before you.) It's possible said manager's manager may also be a good reference, assuming this person is also not a total a-hole with his head up his butt.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for kicking off a successful, and short, job hunt!
Thanks DA! Unfortunately I don't have any contact with the person above my boss. I'd be very hesitant to do anything to further alienate my boss at this point. He literally knows everyone and could make it very difficult for me to find a new job.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 5:56 am

Bostondevil wrote:Sorry AD, I really need to get to the post office this week, don't I?
Thanks BD! I'm looking forward to getting the scarf, but I know that you've got a lot going on right now. Any time is fine.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 5:57 am

bjornolf wrote:AD-

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: for your job search.

@};-
Thanks bjornolf.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 21st, 2011, 6:45 am

CathyCA wrote:Hey, Lavabe, does your mom's first name begin with an H? Because Facebook is telling me that I should add her as a friend. You and ILJ are the 2 friends I have in common with her and she shares your last name, so I assumed it's your mom.

:9f:
Yes. I suspect that there's some facebook ap that is doing this. I get similar sorts of stuff. Fortunately, I don't have two friends who like Harrison Barnes. :D :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 21st, 2011, 6:49 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:Sorry about your work situation, especially after all your hard work and sacrifices. Best of luck in your job search.
Thanks, devildeac.

Did you, by chance, notice how I'm using the sucky employment situation to boost my post count? I learned from the master: some guy whose name rhymes with bevel squeak. :D
You can be sure of massive vibes from us. :wizard: Although this sucks, I do remember some of the topics you have raised in the last year. I hope whatever you find will be in a safer, less problematic environment.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2011, 8:23 am

Thanks, Lavabe. You are wise to remember recent posts. I suspect the topic of a recent thread came into play. I gave my boss the results of my work the day before our little chat, and he subsequently threw me under the bus in a meeting with the PI. My numbers were different from theirs by 20%, and not in a good way. I would bet money that this was a contributing factor. It's not a good thing to tick off the chair of a major dept on campus, even though I was right on this one.
-- Albert Einstein