Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » April 17th, 2011, 11:18 am

Capt - my thoughts are with you today.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » April 17th, 2011, 12:22 pm

captmojo wrote:Rough night last, after the group of people left here. I'm cool with the circumstances of loss. It's really hard on the Mate. She was very close to her dad, all throughout her life. Even though his passing was expected for a long time, the grieving process for her will be slow. Her caretaking for him, without any doubt, sustained his life a least threefold from what could maybe have been reasonably expected from someone in his condition. All credit to his longevity lays directly on her good efforts.
Thanks to all the CTN family for continued well wishes. :ymhug:
We're always here for you and your crew, Capt. Many hugs and blessings to you all.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 17th, 2011, 3:35 pm

Thinking of you and the first mate today, Cap't. :wizard: :YMPRAY:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 17th, 2011, 9:57 pm

captmojo wrote:Rough night last, after the group of people left here. I'm cool with the circumstances of loss. It's really hard on the Mate. She was very close to her dad, all throughout her life. Even though his passing was expected for a long time, the grieving process for her will be slow. Her caretaking for him, without any doubt, sustained his life a least threefold from what could maybe have been reasonably expected from someone in his condition. All credit to his longevity lays directly on her good efforts.
Thanks to all the CTN family for continued well wishes. :ymhug:
Capt, still got y'all in our thoughts and prayers! :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 17th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Caption, First Mate and the family. :ymhug: :ymhug:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 17th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Ruh-roh, shaggy -- Mr. DA, who's been complaining of a somewhat sore back for a few days now, pushed it too hard today, and is now flat on his back, barely able to move off the bed. :( :(

Not what we need in general, even worse coming at T-13 days for impending arrival of Future DA. Good thing nearly everything is in place for b-day. (And that I have some powerful muscle relaxants left from the last time my back went out.)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 17th, 2011, 11:38 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Captain. You and the crew are in my thoughts and prayers - especially the First Mate. What a privilege it was for y'all to be able to take care of him. And how fortunate he was to have such a loving daughter and SIL.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 17th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Healing vibes to Mr. DA. He needs that back in shape so he can jump for joy when Baby DA arrives.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 17th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Only T-13 days?

Oh boy! (or girl!) :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 18th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Vibes for the DA's, both of them! And for our soon to be newest Blue Devil!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 18th, 2011, 3:38 pm

How can a pharmacy run out of standard blood pressure meds? Not one, but two of them? X(

No wonder my BP is so high. Oh well, at this rate it is too late to go back to the office. :D
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 19th, 2011, 2:44 pm

The clippers came out a little early this year. A certain lovely young lady has commented to me several times recently (or maybe those were gentle suggestions...) that she really likes the feel of a nicely shorn head, and we're looking at mid-80s all week here, so I went ahead and did it. Feels great, as it always does.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 19th, 2011, 2:48 pm

wilson wrote:The clippers came out a little early this year. A certain lovely young lady has commented to me several times recently (or maybe those were gentle suggestions...) that she really likes the feel of a nicely shorn head, and we're looking at mid-80s all week here, so I went ahead and did it. Feels great, as it always does.
I'm shaving mine tonight. Well, 2/3rds of it. :D :music-rockout:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 19th, 2011, 8:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:The clippers came out a little early this year. A certain lovely young lady has commented to me several times recently (or maybe those were gentle suggestions...) that she really likes the feel of a nicely shorn head, and we're looking at mid-80s all week here, so I went ahead and did it. Feels great, as it always does.
CB& B-) , are you again, donating to Locks of Love?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 19th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Today was great. I took Harley to the river for one of his daily swims. He usually gets 2 swims a day. The river bank is almost straight up but doesn't stop him.!!! We throw a stick for him to retrieve multiple times. He is up and down the bank many times. After the second swim, he is very tired. I love my 1 1/2 year old black lab. :ymhug: :ymhug:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 19th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CB& B-) , are you again, donating to Locks of Love?
I will in 2 years or so when my hair is back down to my butt.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Hey, Lavabe, does your mom's first name begin with an H? Because Facebook is telling me that I should add her as a friend. You and ILJ are the 2 friends I have in common with her and she shares your last name, so I assumed it's your mom.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 20th, 2011, 6:27 pm

This has been a lousy week. After a couple of days of my boss treating me like crap, I went into his office and asked if I should be looking for a new job. Before I could even finish getting the sentence out of my mouth, he said, "Yes." I asked about a time line, and he said there isn't one. From my end, the time line is as soon as I can get another job and get the heck out of there. The few coworkers I have told have been absolutely stunned and don't know what the heck the boss is thinking. Fortunately one of these people has lots of local connections and is going to shop my CV around for me.

What really torques me is that I put in a boatload of extra time and have had to cancel numerous plans because of work - including my vacation last fall that was supposed to include the Alabama game brunchgate. Ask me how many extra hours I'm going to be putting in between now and my last day, whenever that may be. I will do my job, but it will be very difficult to motivate me to go above and beyond the call of duty as I have been doing for the past 3 years.

I should've gotten a clue from the number of people who have held my position before me. A former coworker has a theory that the boss always has to have a scapegoat around to blame when things go wrong. Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest. I'm being blamed for things that aren't my fault. In fact, many of them are his fault. I've always been willing to take the blame when I goof, which has ended up being a negative because I'm "too honest." It makes it easier for the boss to blame me for other things.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 20th, 2011, 6:43 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:This has been a lousy week. After a couple of days of my boss treating me like crap, I went into his office and asked if I should be looking for a new job. Before I could even finish getting the sentence out of my mouth, he said, "Yes." I asked about a time line, and he said there isn't one. From my end, the time line is as soon as I can get another job and get the heck out of there. The few coworkers I have told have been absolutely stunned and don't know what the heck the boss is thinking. Fortunately one of these people has lots of local connections and is going to shop my CV around for me.

What really torques me is that I put in a boatload of extra time and have had to cancel numerous plans because of work - including my vacation last fall that was supposed to include the Alabama game brunchgate. Ask me how many extra hours I'm going to be putting in between now and my last day, whenever that may be. I will do my job, but it will be very difficult to motivate me to go above and beyond the call of duty as I have been doing for the past 3 years.

I should've gotten a clue from the number of people who have held my position before me. A former coworker has a theory that the boss always has to have a scapegoat around to blame when things go wrong. Unfortunately I'm the current scapegoat. I've been thrown under the bus so many times that I have semi-permanent tread marks on my chest. I'm being blamed for things that aren't my fault. In fact, many of them are his fault. I've always been willing to take the blame when I goof, which has ended up being a negative because I'm "too honest." It makes it easier for the boss to blame me for other things.
Crap and crud. Your boss is a jackass.

Big hugs to you, AD. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 20th, 2011, 6:52 pm

Sorry to hear this AD. Your boss is an asshole. I think I'll borrow a pair of EJ's pointy stiletto's and go kick him in the balls for you. No point in aiming anywhere else - might as well do the job right the first time :D

Job seeking vibes to you }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com