LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » April 13th, 2011, 9:42 pm

My visits here, for a time, may be mercurial for the short future. My Father-in-law was taken in by the county Hospice chapter. He suffers from COPD, and has been fortunate (?) to have survived with this condition for nearly 20 years. He has been at stage 4 with this for more than 3 years and living here with us, receiving expert, loving care from the First Mate. But now, he has progressed to the point where total around-the-clock professional attention is necessary. This is much, much more than she has the capacity to administer.
She will require both my physical and emotional support. I ask for your good wishes, more so for her and her father than for me.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 13th, 2011, 9:52 pm

captmojo wrote:My visits here, for a time, may be mercurial for the short future. My Father-in-law was taken in by the county Hospice chapter. He suffers from COPD, and has been fortunate (?) to have survived with this condition for nearly 20 years. He has been at stage 4 with this for more than 3 years and living here with us, receiving expert, loving care from the First Mate. But now, he has progressed to the point where total around-the-clock professional attention is necessary. This is much, much more than she has the capacity to administer.
She will require both my physical and emotional support. I ask for your good wishes, more so for her and her father than for me.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Prayers and vibes to the First Mate and her Dad, and to the whole family. :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 13th, 2011, 10:02 pm

captmojo wrote:My visits here, for a time, may be mercurial for the short future. My Father-in-law was taken in by the county Hospice chapter. He suffers from COPD, and has been fortunate (?) to have survived with this condition for nearly 20 years. He has been at stage 4 with this for more than 3 years and living here with us, receiving expert, loving care from the First Mate. But now, he has progressed to the point where total around-the-clock professional attention is necessary. This is much, much more than she has the capacity to administer.
Vibes, prayers, and hugs for you and the First Mate.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 13th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Good wishes, vibes and prayers Capt. for all. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 13th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Hugs and prayers to your FIL, your first mate and for you, CaptMojo.

:ymhug: :YMPRAY:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 13th, 2011, 11:02 pm

She has a wonderful captain. Vibes to both of you, and her father. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 14th, 2011, 4:45 am

Vibes to you and your family, capt!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 14th, 2011, 10:35 am

Vibes for the Captain and his crew.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :AR!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » April 14th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Mega vibes and prayers from Atlanta to and for The Captain!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 14th, 2011, 3:20 pm

I send vibes to you, the First Mate and her Father. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

The folks at Hospice are truly wonderful people who do an incredible job...the First Mate may struggle with letting go of the 'caregiver' role, but when she does she will be able to enjoy her time with her father simply as father and daughter, as it should be. I know she'll run through a wide range of emotions in the coming days...my heart goes out to all of you Captain. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Trim your sails and hold your course Captain.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » April 14th, 2011, 9:55 pm

I don't understand how "Over Yonder" works sometimes. When I talk to a player and post information that he tells me it's considered "rumor-mongering", but when airowe (nothing at all against him, he's awesome) posts info HE gets from talking to players, people are falling all over themselves to thank him. I guess it's because that's his job, but still... I guess I'm not considered a reputable source over there yet.

Anyways.

/doneventing
Class of 2014
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 14th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Sending prayers and vibes to your father in law, The First Mate and the family. Also hugs to the First Mate.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 14th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Rolvix wrote:I don't understand how "Over Yonder" works sometimes. When I talk to a player and post information that he tells me it's considered "rumor-mongering", but when airowe (nothing at all against him, he's awesome) posts info HE gets from talking to players, people are falling all over themselves to thank him. I guess it's because that's his job, but still... I guess I'm not considered a reputable source over there yet.

Anyways.

/doneventing
Pardon my French, Rolvix, but the mods and their comment system drives me fucking nuts. I HATE IT. Some asshole commented last week that I should have looked up "lede" instead of asking if it was a typo or acronym because it was a common journalism term and it cost me 2 of their fucking precious points. It wasn't common to me, asswipe. That's why I asked. Hey Throaty, if you read this, I wanted to post this on DBR, but it would have been all filtered out, and you can pass it on to the mods for me.

Rolvix, if you hadn't noticed, I gave you a positive comment after you bitched about having your post deleted by those schmucks. :9f:

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 14th, 2011, 10:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Rolvix wrote:I don't understand how "Over Yonder" works sometimes. When I talk to a player and post information that he tells me it's considered "rumor-mongering", but when airowe (nothing at all against him, he's awesome) posts info HE gets from talking to players, people are falling all over themselves to thank him. I guess it's because that's his job, but still... I guess I'm not considered a reputable source over there yet.

Anyways.

/doneventing
Pardon my French, Rolvix, but the mods and their comment system drives me fucking nuts. I HATE IT. Some asshole commented last week that I should have looked up "lede" instead of asking if it was a typo or acronym because it was a common journalism term and it cost me 2 of their fucking precious points. It wasn't common to me, asswipe. That's why I asked. Hey Throaty, if you read this, I wanted to post this on DBR, but it would have been all filtered out, and you can pass it on to the mods for me.

Rolvix, if you hadn't noticed, I gave you a positive comment after you bitched about having your post deleted by those schmucks. :9f:
Geez, maybe I should go back OY sometime. On second thought, naaaaahhhh. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » April 14th, 2011, 11:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Anyways.

/doneventing

I saw hahaha. I actually got three different people who gave me positive points for complaining :D
Class of 2014
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 14th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Rolvix wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Anyways.

/doneventing

I saw hahaha. I actually got three different people who gave me positive points for complaining :D
I can't get that 4th pitch fork. Every time I get close, I get knocked back down. And so few people are "liking" my posts :( And those that do are newbies that don't give me any points. Life is rough I tell ya.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 15th, 2011, 12:28 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I can't get that 4th pitch fork. Every time I get close, I get knocked back down. And so few people are "liking" my posts :( And those that do are newbies that don't give me any points. Life is rough I tell ya.
If their comment system drives you nucking futs, then why do you care if you get a 4th pitch fork?

Gee, you could post over here and we'll give you :spork: and :9f: all day long!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 15th, 2011, 9:52 am

Prayers :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: Hugs :ymhug: :ymhug: and vibes :wizard: :wizard: to the entire crew, especially the First Mate.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 15th, 2011, 9:57 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: I can't get that 4th pitch fork. Every time I get close, I get knocked back down. And so few people are "liking" my posts :( And those that do are newbies that don't give me any points. Life is rough I tell ya.
If their comment system drives you nucking futs, then why do you care if you get a 4th pitch fork?

Gee, you could post over here and we'll give you :spork: and :9f: all day long!

Just because I hate 'em, doesn't mean I don't want them! =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 15th, 2011, 10:13 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Anyways.

/doneventing

Countdown to drive-by begins NOW: Ten, nine, eight... :whistle: :- :whistle:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.