LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » April 3rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Rhogam though, isn't a choice. You don't get it, you might not be able to carry any more children to term.

I'm O-, my husband, we think, is A+. He doesn't know his blood type. He doesn't like needles. My oldest is A+, the other three are A-, that's why we think Mr. BD is A+.
Um, yes. Biologically, he would almost have to be A+. I suppose there's a TINY chance he could be AB+, but in all likelihood, he's A+. If he were a - Rh factor, you'd never have + children.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 3rd, 2011, 5:12 pm

captmojo wrote:'RASH' was fantastic last night! :D :)) :D
Usul, we were in the upper cicle, on the rear stage-left corner. Right behind the drunk, lonely chick from Winnipeg, dancing alone right at the rail. I was worried all night that she would fall over.
It was great! I loved all the steampunk stuff on stage. Pearts drum rig was just plain impressive. My first RUSH concert was not a disappointment!

We were in the lower bowl, section 111, near the back, before the side starts to curve around. We had to angle left to see the stage, but it wasn't too bad, since everyone was standing anyway!
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 3rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

I bought a new gas grill today: a Weber Q120. I asked at the store if I needed a hose or anything to connect to the gas cylinder, and the person I asked told me, "No, it comes with everything you need." Wrong. If you have a disposable (small) gas cylinder, you're good to go. If, on the other hand, you have a 20 lb cylinder, you need an adapter hose. That means I either need to trek back to Lowe's or order one online. X(
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 3rd, 2011, 8:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new gas grill today: a Weber Q120. I asked at the store if I needed a hose or anything to connect to the gas cylinder, and the person I asked told me, "No, it comes with everything you need." Wrong. If you have a disposable (small) gas cylinder, you're good to go. If, on the other hand, you have a 20 lb cylinder, you need an adapter hose. That means I either need to trek back to Lowe's or order one online. X(
I suggest you go back to the salesman at Lowe's and ask him to make good on his promise/claim. Did you buy the 20 lb. cylinder from them or did you already have one?

Costco seems to be the cheapest place buy new cylinders and to have them refilled. It was $9.99 last year, but now it is $12.99 for a 20 lb fill in Raleigh.

I've cooked on a Weber gas grill and it is great! You can see (and feel?) the quality. I bought an inexpensive (~$120) 2-burner UniFlame at Wal-Mart last summer and so far I am very pleased with it. Made a great steak on it last night and burgers on it tonight.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » April 3rd, 2011, 8:19 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Rhogam though, isn't a choice. You don't get it, you might not be able to carry any more children to term.

I'm O-, my husband, we think, is A+. He doesn't know his blood type. He doesn't like needles. My oldest is A+, the other three are A-, that's why we think Mr. BD is A+.
Um, yes. Biologically, he would almost have to be A+. I suppose there's a TINY chance he could be AB+, but in all likelihood, he's A+. If he were a - Rh factor, you'd never have + children.

@};-
Yeah, I know. I was making a joke about the wimp who won't get his blood typed while I've given birth to 4 children weighing, in total, 38 lbs, 4 oz. Although when I told my OB/GYN that we assumed Mr. BD was A+, he said "I never assume anything." I reminded him that blood type aside, I don't seem to have contributed any genetic material to my sons.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 3rd, 2011, 8:33 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new gas grill today: a Weber Q120. I asked at the store if I needed a hose or anything to connect to the gas cylinder, and the person I asked told me, "No, it comes with everything you need." Wrong. If you have a disposable (small) gas cylinder, you're good to go. If, on the other hand, you have a 20 lb cylinder, you need an adapter hose. That means I either need to trek back to Lowe's or order one online. X(
I suggest you go back to the salesman at Lowe's and ask him to make good on his promise/claim. Did you buy the 20 lb. cylinder from them or did you already have one?

Costco seems to be the cheapest place buy new cylinders and to have them refilled. It was $9.99 last year, but now it is $12.99 for a 20 lb fill in Raleigh.

I've cooked on a Weber gas grill and it is great! You can see (and feel?) the quality. I bought an inexpensive (~$120) 2-burner UniFlame at Wal-Mart last summer and so far I am very pleased with it. Made a great steak on it last night and burgers on it tonight.
I bought it from them; that's why I'm especially annoyed. I had the tank in my cart and asked him specifically if I needed a hose for it. Made my supper (turkey burger) using my cast iron griddle pan instead, but I was really looking forward to trying out the new grill. Guess it will just give me more time to assemble the grill before I try it out.

The Q120 is pretty nifty. It's portable, so you can take it out and about quite easily. I figured it would be a good one for me because I don't have a ton of space on my porch for a grill. Besides, I can easily cook for one person on a small grill.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 3rd, 2011, 8:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

I bought it from them; that's why I'm especially annoyed. I had the tank in my cart and asked him specifically if I needed a hose for it. Made my supper (turkey burger) using my cast iron griddle pan instead, but I was really looking forward to trying out the new grill. Guess it will just give me more time to assemble the grill before I try it out.

The Q120 is pretty nifty. It's portable, so you can take it out and about quite easily. I figured it would be a good one for me because I don't have a ton of space on my porch for a grill. Besides, I can easily cook for one person on a small grill.
I would tell the salesman that he, or Lowe's, owes you a hose. Or you will bring the whole dang thing back and buy it somewhere else (whether you really would or not - make them think you would).

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 3rd, 2011, 9:17 pm

AD, I suggest that you put your faith in OZZIE's offering. He does have a quite favorable store return reputation. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 3rd, 2011, 9:24 pm

DukeUsul wrote: Pearts drum rig was just plain impressive.
And, he hits everything in that setup.
Whilst perusing the MBB board in the 'Stadium', I linked to WRAL's site and saw this...
http://www.wral.com/entertainment/image ... y/9377239/
:violin:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » April 3rd, 2011, 9:31 pm

captmojo wrote:
DukeUsul wrote: Pearts drum rig was just plain impressive.
And, he hits everything in that setup.
Whilst perusing the MBB board in the 'Stadium', I linked to WRAL's site and saw this...
http://www.wral.com/entertainment/image ... y/9377239/
:violin:
:character-beavisbutthead: :character-beavisbutthead: :music-rockon: :music-rockon: :music-rockon: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
-- DukeUsul
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 3rd, 2011, 11:28 pm

bjornolf wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I admit, I'm a little curious about the situations for those whose doctors INSISTED on an epidural. What YEAR was that??
2003. As far as I know. he still does.

@};-
Wow, that Doc would be run out of business out here. Althought the hospital where I will be giving birth has a very high (85%) epidural rate, it's because there are about 10 different midwife & birthing clinics within a 5 mile radius (and many people opting to give birth at home) and the hospital thus gets those who self-select for the epi, or those moms where an epi becomes medically necessary.

I know I personally wouldn't stand for being treated by someone who insisted on a medical treatment that had no justification in modern medicine (or even ancient medicine - it's not like women haven't been giving birth naturally for thousands of years.) It would make me wonder about his fitness as a doctor in general.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 4th, 2011, 10:11 am

Sorry about that little annoyance, but you're going to love that grill. I've used that model a lot. I borrow my brother's regularly, and I also shared one with a girl I once knew (who claimed it and refused to even negotiate the matter once I um, stopped knowing her...the bitch).
It's perfect for tailgating or just cooking for a small group, and really a great all-around product. Plus, being a Weber, it will last a long time. You have chosen wisely. :ymapplause:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 4th, 2011, 10:33 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I admit, I'm a little curious about the situations for those whose doctors INSISTED on an epidural. What YEAR was that??
2003. As far as I know. he still does.

@};-
Wow, that Doc would be run out of business out here. Althought the hospital where I will be giving birth has a very high (85%) epidural rate, it's because there are about 10 different midwife & birthing clinics within a 5 mile radius (and many people opting to give birth at home) and the hospital thus gets those who self-select for the epi, or those moms where an epi becomes medically necessary.

I know I personally wouldn't stand for being treated by someone who insisted on a medical treatment that had no justification in modern medicine (or even ancient medicine - it's not like women haven't been giving birth naturally for thousands of years.) It would make me wonder about his fitness as a doctor in general.
If y'all don't quit beating this dead epidural horse, I'm gonna split it off into its own thread and call it "The Epidural Line". :-w ;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 4th, 2011, 10:43 am

wilson wrote:If y'all don't quit beating this dead epidural horse, I'm gonna split it off into its own thread and call it "The Epidural Line". :-w ;)
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 4th, 2011, 11:56 am

Awful nice of the Braves to have an afternoon game today, so it won't conflict with tonight's championship tilt.
Go Butler!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 4th, 2011, 3:10 pm

Epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, somebody throw me a line, epidurals, epidurals, epidruals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals.

Whew.

Go Butler!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 4th, 2011, 3:53 pm

wilson wrote:
Sorry about that little annoyance, but you're going to love that grill. I've used that model a lot. I borrow my brother's regularly, and I also shared one with a girl I once knew (who claimed it and refused to even negotiate the matter once I um, stopped knowing her...the bitch).
It's perfect for tailgating or just cooking for a small group, and really a great all-around product. Plus, being a Weber, it will last a long time. You have chosen wisely. :ymapplause:
I got a "new" grill on Friday. My dad was getting rid of his 10 year old Vermont Castings propane grill. I had to replace the grates, but other than that, it runs like new. So, far, I love it. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 4th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, somebody throw me a line, epidurals, epidurals, epidruals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals, epidurals.
Get one!

Go Butler!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 4th, 2011, 11:10 pm

wilson wrote:
Thanks for the endorsement, wilson! Did you use the small, disposable cylinder or a larger one?
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 5th, 2011, 9:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:
Thanks for the endorsement, wilson! Did you use the small, disposable cylinder or a larger one?
I usually use the small cylinders, but my brother has the adapter for the big canister and uses it all the time. It works fine.