LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » March 29th, 2011, 9:25 pm

wilson wrote:Big exciting grant: The best thing that ever happened to ArkieDukie's post count.
=)) =)) =))

When reading this, I was thinking that this was a big opportunity for AD to PW. Great minds think alike, Wilson.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 29th, 2011, 9:56 pm

captmojo wrote:Congratulations, AD! The vibes work.
Here's another post count addition chance. :idea:
Thanks, captmojo! Nice of you to recognize my use of the devildeac method to pad my post count. :tease: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 29th, 2011, 9:58 pm

wilson wrote:Big exciting grant: The best thing that ever happened to ArkieDukie's post count.
Yes, wilson, and you're giving me yet another opportunity to pad my post count. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. :D :ymdevil: ;) :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 29th, 2011, 9:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
=)) =)) =))

When reading this, I was thinking that this was a big opportunity for AD to PW. Great minds think alike, Wilson.
Uh oh - lawgrad is thinking like wilson. Next thing you know, she'll be correcting spelling and grammar in our posts. :tease: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 29th, 2011, 10:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Remember that huge grant we were writing back in September? The one that made me cancel my trip to the Alabama game? I found out yesterday that we got the grant. Now it's a matter of waiting for Congress to approve the federal budget so we will know how much $ we will get. Less than 10 proposals were selected for funding, so this is a big deal.
This is superb news. Sincere congrats!
:clap: :dance: :-BD ^:)^
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 29th, 2011, 10:55 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
=)) =)) =))

Uh oh - lawgrad is thinking like wilson. Next thing you know, she'll be correcting spelling and grammar in our posts. :tease: :9f:
Actually, I am the office grammar and spelling :-B. Because I sometimes make typographical errors, I try to leave the task here to Wilson. :D
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » March 30th, 2011, 12:32 am

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Remember that huge grant we were writing back in September? The one that made me cancel my trip to the Alabama game? I found out yesterday that we got the grant. Now it's a matter of waiting for Congress to approve the federal budget so we will know how much $ we will get. Less than 10 proposals were selected for funding, so this is a big deal.
Chiming in late here, but way to go, AD! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Sorry you have to be subject to the whims of this session's skin-flint Congress (additional snark redacted to avoid PPB topics) for final funding, but fingers crossed that it's an amount large enough that you won't have to do any more trip-cancelling grant-writing this coming fall! ;)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 30th, 2011, 1:08 am

devildeac wrote:
Thanks, devildeac! :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 30th, 2011, 1:15 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Chiming in late here, but way to go, AD! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Sorry you have to be subject to the whims of this session's skin-flint Congress (additional snark redacted to avoid PPB topics) for final funding, but fingers crossed that it's an amount large enough that you won't have to do any more trip-cancelling grant-writing this coming fall! ;)
Thanks, DA! I think a fairly significant chunk of my salary is written into the grant, which means that trip canceling could come about due to deadlines from the NIH for results.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 30th, 2011, 10:33 am

There is a cute little girl in a pink Duke sweatshirt in the audience of the Kathie Lee and Hoda show.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 31st, 2011, 11:48 pm

What, 36 hours since an LTE post?? L-)

;) :ymhug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 1st, 2011, 8:55 am

DevilAlumna wrote:What, 36 hours since an LTE post?? L-)

;) :ymhug:
Too busy celebrating the beginning of Crazie Talk Week. :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 1st, 2011, 12:46 pm

Belated congrats to Arkie!! ^:)^ \:d/ :clap: :clap:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 1st, 2011, 12:49 pm

I was up until 2am last night. It is now catching up to me. (-|
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 1st, 2011, 9:17 pm

Lavabe wrote:Belated congrats to Arkie!! ^:)^ \:d/ :clap: :clap:
Thank you, kind sir! Once it's official, I really need to take a celebratory trip to Ted Drewe's. Maybe I should just take a trip to Ted Drewe's anyway. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 1st, 2011, 11:18 pm

The Lakers and Jazz are on tonight, and they just interviewed our favorite ex-Butler star and showed the last shot from last year's national championship.

He still missed! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 1st, 2011, 11:39 pm

i hope they don't miss this year. I will ALWAYS enjoy him missing last year.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 2nd, 2011, 12:34 am

Have started the dishwasher after a successful, I think, choir party. Only used 18 wine glasses. Need to to this more often - it rotates the wine stock and makes me clean my house.

I wish I didnt' have to have a reason to clean my house. I need to establish a regular routine.
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » April 2nd, 2011, 9:07 am

I've got lower level seats to go see RUSH tonight in Greensboro. I'm very excited. The tickets were my xmas present from wifey. I'll be going with some co-workers. I'm trying to convince them to hit Stamey's before the show. Last time I hit Stamey's I wasn't too impressed, so I'm going to give them a second chance.
-- DukeUsul
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 2nd, 2011, 11:00 am

DukeUsul wrote:I've got lower level seats to go see RUSH tonight in Greensboro. I'm very excited. The tickets were my xmas present from wifey. I'll be going with some co-workers. I'm trying to convince them to hit Stamey's before the show. Last time I hit Stamey's I wasn't too impressed, so I'm going to give them a second chance.
I'll be there as well, with Son of and the First Mate in tow. Son of, bought the tickets quite some time ago. They are at the far end, away from the stage. I don't know if upper or lower. It just doesn't matter. It'll be a surprise to me.
The most important thing is...I are there! Neil Peart will be there, too!

Any word on why the postponement? Glad it wasn't an April fools thing. That would have really sucked.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"