LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 4:51 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Devildeac is heating up!
Look at my new thread and you'll understand why... :roll: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 28th, 2009, 4:55 pm

devildeac wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:
devildeac wrote: Driving or flying?
Driving. We go back and forth between the Carolinas. My parents are in Durham, the hubby's are in SC.
You'll drive right by Ozzie's abode in Smithfield. Ozzie will buy pizza and/or cheesesteaks at Sami's ( :)) ) and I'll bring a fine ale or three.
Well I'd love it if BD did this :D , but it would really be just a bit out of the way, heading east on 70 to Smithfield (or Selma, for Sami's), and then south on I-95 (at exit 97), rather than taking I-40 directly to I-95 (exit 81) in Benson. But it is only a 15 or 20 mile detour.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 28th, 2009, 5:03 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Hope you had a great trip Ozzie, I haven't been there since the late 70's. I'm assuming you got plenty of golf in.
Had a great time, played golf only once (on Tuesday) with my son in law. We played Eagle Crest, a Davis Love course, just off Island (before you get to HHI). Got plenty of pool time and lots of sun (with plenty of SPF50 sun screen). Ate too much, drank a bit of Bud Light ( :D ) but generally did not much else!

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Hope you had a great trip Ozzie, I haven't been there since the late 70's. I'm assuming you got plenty of golf in.
Had a great time, played golf only once (on Tuesday) with my son in law. We played Eagle Crest, a Davis Love course, just off Island (before you get to HHI). Got plenty of pool time and lots of sun (with plenty of SPF50 sun screen). Ate too much, drank a bit of Bud Light ( :D ) but generally did not much else!
Ozzie that sounds terrifically, wonderful!!!!! The way a vacation is supposed to be.... relaxing!!!!! Good for you!!!! Ya know, from the sounds of it, I suspect your son-in-law didn't win, thus he probably needed a lot of TLC ...... hmm, ... wonder if there might be a future announcement forthcoming ... ya know that "Grandpa" word :D :D :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:25 pm

I've got to STOP watching Chef Todd English Celebration (like QVC channel).... one of those addictions of I have to have that..... turning the channel so I don't reach for the phone and my wallet.... :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 28th, 2009, 5:32 pm

cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ozzie that sounds terrifically, wonderful!!!!! The way a vacation is supposed to be.... relaxing!!!!! Good for you!!!! Ya know, from the sounds of it, I suspect your son-in-law didn't win, thus he probably needed a lot of TLC ...... hmm, ... wonder if there might be a future announcement forthcoming ... ya know that "Grandpa" word :D :D :D
No, he didn't beat me, he rarely plays. He did hit the ball pretty well though. No comment on your speculations; how in the world can you jump from a round of golf to making me a grandpa?

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 5:36 pm

Ozzie that sounds terrifically, wonderful!!!!! The way a vacation is supposed to be.... relaxing!!!!! Good for you!!!! Ya know, from the sounds of it, I suspect your son-in-law didn't win, thus he probably needed a lot of TLC ...... hmm, ... wonder if there might be a future announcement forthcoming ... ya know that "Grandpa" word :D :D :D[/quote]
No, he didn't beat me, he rarely plays. He did hit the ball pretty well though. No comment on your speculations; how in the world can you jump from a round of golf to making me a grandpa?[/quote]

Well, you know, umm, what if you gave him some tips for straightening out his putter? :roll: :oops:
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Had a great time, played golf only once (on Tuesday) with my son in law. We played Eagle Crest, a Davis Love course, just off Island (before you get to HHI). Got plenty of pool time and lots of sun (with plenty of SPF50 sun screen). Ate too much, drank a bit of Bud Light ( :D ) but generally did not much else!
No, he didn't beat me, he rarely plays. He did hit the ball pretty well though. No comment on your speculations; how in the world can you jump from a round of golf to making me a grandpa?
Hey that is the magic of the beach, especially after getting abused by your father in-law at golf because he is soo competitive!!!! :D There is logic there with rest and relaxation!!!!!! :-b
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 5:41 pm

devildeac wrote:Ozzie that sounds terrifically, wonderful!!!!! The way a vacation is supposed to be.... relaxing!!!!! Good for you!!!! Ya know, from the sounds of it, I suspect your son-in-law didn't win, thus he probably needed a lot of TLC ...... hmm, ... wonder if there might be a future announcement forthcoming ... ya know that "Grandpa" word :D :D :D
No, he didn't beat me, he rarely plays. He did hit the ball pretty well though. No comment on your speculations; how in the world can you jump from a round of golf to making me a grandpa?[/quote]

Well, you know, umm, what if you gave him some tips for straightening out his putter? :roll: :oops:[/quote]

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Practice makes perfect!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 28th, 2009, 6:27 pm

cl15876 wrote:[
Well, you know, umm, what if you gave him some tips for straightening out his putter? :roll: :oops:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Practice makes perfect!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))[/quote]
Hey! That's my daughter we're talking about!

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Hey! That's my daughter we're talking about![/quote]

I thought we were just transitioning seamlessly from golf to grandpahood. :)) :))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 6:42 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Hey! That's my daughter we're talking about!
I thought we were just transitioning seamlessly from golf to grandpahood. :)) :))[/quote]

I was thinking it was a smooth transition and some father and son-in-law mentoring..... but guess the putter ended up in the gutter with the thought of practice, practice, ....! :)) :)) Come to think of it, I haven't played golf in a long time and I can guarantee my PUTTing game needs a lot of practice, practice, practice!!!!! It's easy to wack it, down the fairway, but PUTTing takes alot of patience!!! :D
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 28th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Wow, lots of long posts...are we going for a total typed words record.

Darn those knitters, they probably have us beat there too.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 28th, 2009, 6:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Had a great time, played golf only once (on Tuesday) with my son in law. We played Eagle Crest, a Davis Love course, just off Island (before you get to HHI). Got plenty of pool time and lots of sun (with plenty of SPF50 sun screen). Ate too much, drank a bit of Bud Light ( :D ) but generally did not much else!
Eagle Crest was the name of the golf course I played in Myrtle one time back in my college days. That was where I shattered the windshield of my golf cart, which I didn't know was possible. I parked the cart about ten feet behind me at an angle. My ball was off the fairway next to a big tree. So, I shanked my five iron in the rough, heard a loud crack as my ball hit the tree, then an even louder crack as the ball went through the windshield. I found it sitting on the seat where my buddy had been sitting 30 seconds before (lucky for him I'd dropped him off at his ball about 50 yards back to go look for mine). Oops. I told the guy in the pro shop about it after the round, and he told me they had insurance for that, but he appreciated me fessing up. Apparently some people just make a run for it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 6:55 pm

bjornolf wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Had a great time, played golf only once (on Tuesday) with my son in law. We played Eagle Crest, a Davis Love course, just off Island (before you get to HHI). Got plenty of pool time and lots of sun (with plenty of SPF50 sun screen). Ate too much, drank a bit of Bud Light ( :D ) but generally did not much else!
Eagle Crest was the name of the golf course I played in Myrtle one time back in my college days. That was where I shattered the windshield of my golf cart, which I didn't know was possible. I parked the cart about ten feet behind me at an angle. My ball was off the fairway next to a big tree. So, I shanked my five iron in the rough, heard a loud crack as my ball hit the tree, then an even louder crack as the ball went through the windshield. I found it sitting on the seat where my buddy had been sitting 30 seconds before (lucky for him I'd dropped him off at his ball about 50 yards back to go look for mine). Oops. I told the guy in the pro shop about it after the round, and he told me they had insurance for that, but he appreciated me fessing up. Apparently some people just make a run for it.

%%-
Umm, how do you score that? since it technically didn't hit the ground after going thru the windshield, was it a stroke and a ride to the green? =)) =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 6:55 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Wow, lots of long posts...are we going for a total typed words record.

Darn those knitters, they probably have us beat there too.
Wonder how many folks remember THAT reference? :roll:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Hey, where did everyone go?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 28th, 2009, 7:27 pm

devildeac wrote:Hey, where did everyone go?
To get some Pepto Bismol?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 28th, 2009, 7:28 pm

CathyCA wrote:
oh no, no pepcid available?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 28th, 2009, 7:31 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
oh no, no pepcid available?
No, just thinking about DD's other thread. Makes me want to grab the Pepto.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith