Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » March 27th, 2011, 4:17 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Hey you Moms out there,

Care to provide some reassurance that chest pains at 35 weeks is normal? I assume it's because future-DA is growing upward into my diaphragm & rib cage, but it feels like someone is using the jaws of life from the inside to get out.

I keep hoping all of these promises of "lightening" (baby dropping into the pelvis) are true as well! Come on, gravity!
Yep, normal. Are you snoring like a horse? That's normal too. Do your ears feel stuffy? Surprisingly, that is also normal.

Have you done Lamaze? I think it's great for helping you mentally prepare for labor but all the talk about avoiding drugs is horseshit. Have the epidural as soon as they will let you get it. They worked so well for me I hardly needed any pain medication afterwards.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 27th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Care to provide some reassurance that chest pains at 35 weeks is normal? I assume it's because future-DA is growing upward into my diaphragm & rib cage, but it feels like someone is using the jaws of life from the inside to get out.

I keep hoping all of these promises of "lightening" (baby dropping into the pelvis) are true as well! Come on, gravity!
CathyCA wrote:Completely normal. My stomach got pushed up so high that I lived off of Tums until labor was over. I couldn't sleep. The kid(s) beat me up from the inside. My ribs were bruised from all of the kicking and punching.

I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever (and I was with kid #1 who waited until 42 weeks to emerge).

After the baby is born, you'll have an acute type of pain like you've never experienced before--one that no man has or will ever experience--and you'll forget that your ribs ever hurt. Percocet helps.

:9f:
Bostondevil wrote:Yep, normal. Are you snoring like a horse? That's normal too. Do your ears feel stuffy? Surprisingly, that is also normal.

Have you done Lamaze? I think it's great for helping you mentally prepare for labor but all the talk about avoiding drugs is horseshit. Have the epidural as soon as they will let you get it. They worked so well for me I hardly needed any pain medication afterwards.
Yeah. What they said. Definitely.
Vibes for as much comfort as possible as you head down the home stretch (erm...no pun intended...), and for a healthy delivery and new addition to your family.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 27th, 2011, 5:06 pm

I'm back from Fordgirl's house. It is so nice. It was a very nice gathering. I especially like the Duke room.!! :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 5:43 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:CathyCA, I channeled you on Section 21. The DePaul coach has some seriously bad hair. I commented on it for you. :ymdevil:
I'm looking at it right now.

His hair isn't as bad as his dress shirt that is puckered around the DePaul logo. I don't know who thought that embroidering a school logo on a dress shirt was a good idea, but whoever it was should have pre-shrunk that shirt before running it through the embroidery machine.

Cathy, I mentioned this in The Stadium, but you may have missed it...I think we should start a dedicated snark thread. What do you think?
I'm all over it!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 27th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm back from Fordgirl's house. It is so nice. It was a very nice gathering. I especially like the Duke room.!! :9f:
I'm back too. Great gathering! Beautiful abode! Many happy Duke watching victories to come, I'm sure - today's was just the first! And the little-corn dogs were out of this world ;) B-) \:d/ :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Bostondevil wrote:

Yep, normal. Are you snoring like a horse? That's normal too. Do your ears feel stuffy? Surprisingly, that is also normal.

NOW would be a good time for you to get the epidural.

If I ever, by some miracle, got pregnant again, I would hook up to the epidural as soon as the stick turned to a + sign.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 27th, 2011, 5:59 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Completely normal. My stomach got pushed up so high that I lived off of Tums until labor was over. I couldn't sleep. The kid(s) beat me up from the inside. My ribs were bruised from all of the kicking and punching.

I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever (and I was with kid #1 who waited until 42 weeks to emerge).

After the baby is born, you'll have an acute type of pain like you've never experienced before--one that no man has or will ever experience--and you'll forget that your ribs ever hurt. Percocet helps.

Bostondevil wrote:Yep, normal. Are you snoring like a horse? That's normal too. Do your ears feel stuffy? Surprisingly, that is also normal.

Yeah. What they said. Definitely.
Vibes for as much comfort as possible as you head down the home stretch (erm...no pun intended...), and for a healthy delivery and new addition to your family.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:ymhug:
Thanks, Ladies, and Wilson! I've been otherwise feeling pretty great, all things considered, so yesterday's major pains & shortness of breath just kind of took me down a notch. It's hard to keep telling myself that this is all par for the course (or know if, in fact, it is normal.)

BD, yes, snoring fun according to Mr. DA, and stuffy nose (not ears, thank goodness!) We've done a childbirth class, but not lamaze specifically. I do intend on getting an epidural, but kind of want to stay mobile (& unhooked from IV's & monitoring) for as long as possible, so we did focus on the breathing & meditation exercises in the class.

5-ish weeks to go -- I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. :-s :-ss :YMPRAY:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Bobby Hurley and his dad and brother are on 60 Minutes right now.

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2011, 8:18 pm

CathyCA wrote:Bobby Hurley and his dad and brother are on 60 Minutes right now.

Really nice story.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 27th, 2011, 9:12 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:CathyCA, I channeled you on Section 21. The DePaul coach has some seriously bad hair. I commented on it for you. :ymdevil:
I'm looking at it right now.

His hair isn't as bad as his dress shirt that is puckered around the DePaul logo. I don't know who thought that embroidering a school logo on a dress shirt was a good idea, but whoever it was should have pre-shrunk that shirt before running it through the embroidery machine.

That was a coach?
Hell, I thought David Brenner had gotten a new gig. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 27th, 2011, 10:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:NOW would be a good time for you to get the epidural.

If I ever, by some miracle, got pregnant again, I would hook up to the epidural as soon as the stick turned to a + sign.

Hee! :)) :)) :)) Agreed!
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 27th, 2011, 11:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Off to see The House of Shelly! B-) :happy-bouncyblue:
Y'all have fun! I already know you will!

It was a fun day...and we got an unexpected visit by Mrs. Ozzie! And we got to watch Duke beat Depaul!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 28th, 2011, 7:13 am

Bostondevil wrote:

It all depends on the woman and the person administering the epidural. My wife had an epidural with the first one and ABSOLUTELY hated it. It was a COMPLETE nightmare for her. They wouldn't let her get up and walk around after she had it, so they catheterized her and ended up bruising her urethra and she was miserable for months with that. Also, the epidural didn't work as promised and only barely took off the edge of the pain. She wasn't even allowed to get up and walk around for longer afterward. Plus, she had a reaction to the medication and ended up with horrible shakes and shivers for about three months after the birth. Also, Sean was groggy for like the first week after birth. It was really hard to get him to even wake up long enough to eat. There are always risks in having a needle jabbed into your spine.

With the next two, she waited until she couldn't stand it anymore, then got a shot of Stadol. It took the edge off the pain and allowed her to relax and go the rest of the way. She and the babies had no side effects afterward, and she recovered a LOT faster. Like I said, to each her own. Epidurals are great, don't get me wrong, but they DON'T always work right and there are other options as well. You'll have to decide what you think is best.

I'll tell you one thing she did do, though. She was SO embarrassed that with all the pushing and whatnot with the first baby, she pooped when pushing him out. Apparently it's a fairly common occurrence. For the second two, she had me give her an enema and went before all the fireworks started. No such embarrassment with the last two. Like I said, to each their own. If that idea doesn't bother you, don't worry about it. That's what the ob/gyns get paid the big bucks for. Heck, you might WANT to go on him/her by that point. Maybe on Mr. DA too. ;)

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 28th, 2011, 11:01 am

CathyCA wrote:Bobby Hurley and his dad and brother are on 60 Minutes right now.

What a great story. Bob Hurley, clap clap clap!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 28th, 2011, 2:55 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:

It all depends on the woman and the person administering the epidural. My wife had an epidural with the first one and ABSOLUTELY hated it. It was a COMPLETE nightmare for her. They wouldn't let her get up and walk around after she had it, so they catheterized her and ended up bruising her urethra and she was miserable for months with that. Also, the epidural didn't work as promised and only barely took off the edge of the pain. She wasn't even allowed to get up and walk around for longer afterward. Plus, she had a reaction to the medication and ended up with horrible shakes and shivers for about three months after the birth. Also, Sean was groggy for like the first week after birth. It was really hard to get him to even wake up long enough to eat. There are always risks in having a needle jabbed into your spine.

With the next two, she waited until she couldn't stand it anymore, then got a shot of Stadol. It took the edge off the pain and allowed her to relax and go the rest of the way. She and the babies had no side effects afterward, and she recovered a LOT faster. Like I said, to each her own. Epidurals are great, don't get me wrong, but they DON'T always work right and there are other options as well. You'll have to decide what you think is best.

I'll tell you one thing she did do, though. She was SO embarrassed that with all the pushing and whatnot with the first baby, she pooped when pushing him out. Apparently it's a fairly common occurrence. For the second two, she had me give her an enema and went before all the fireworks started. No such embarrassment with the last two. Like I said, to each their own. If that idea doesn't bother you, don't worry about it. That's what the ob/gyns get paid the big bucks for. Heck, you might WANT to go on him/her by that point. Maybe on Mr. DA too. ;)

@};-
Yeah, well, that was your wife. I did great with my epidural, and I would do it all over again if I ever got pregnant.

I just had general anesthesia this morning and I'm doing great. I'm home, I've already called in a few assignments to work, I've eaten lunch, and I'm getting ready to go for a walk.

Don't go scaring DA with your wife's horror stories. As I recall, DA asked the MOMS of the board for our advice.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 28th, 2011, 3:06 pm

Glad you're doing great Cathy! Continued feeling great vibes! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 28th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Cathy, glad to hear you are doing well. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 28th, 2011, 3:57 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Glad you're doing great Cathy! Continued feeling great vibes! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thank you!

Prior to going under this morning, I referred to my anesthesiologist as "Dr. Feelgood." After the surgery, my mom spoke to him, and she called him "Dr. Feelgood" to his face.

=))

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 28th, 2011, 3:58 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Cathy, glad to hear you are doing well. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard:
Thank you!

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 28th, 2011, 4:07 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Glad you're doing great Cathy! Continued feeling great vibes! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thank you!

Prior to going under this morning, I referred to my anesthesiologist as "Dr. Feelgood." After the surgery, my mom spoke to him, and she called him "Dr. Feelgood" to his face.

=))

=)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.