Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 26th, 2011, 9:02 am

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
wilson wrote:Off to pick up a few lottery tickets.
$312 million is a lot of money.
176 million to 1 are long odds. My group only has $30 in the drawing.
If you don't live in New York, you're outta luck.
I had nothing last night, not even an attaboy :( I did win $5 in the Cash 5 drawing so the night wasn't a total loss!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2011, 9:14 am

Lavabe wrote:Day #2 with the flu.
This sucks.
@-) :ymtongue:
Vibes that you are feeling better, Lavabe.

I was feeling better until I found out this morning that I have to root for Kentucky. Or a meteor. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 26th, 2011, 10:27 am

I won the lottery. I continue to win the lottery every day.
I feel this way because I've never lost. Not one dollar of mine, has ever been spent for it.
Winner! :D

If you like to play it, may God bless you. I hope you have great luck with it. I have a complete understanding that I would not win if I knew all the numbers before I bought. I have this power. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Retail therapy. New GT bicycle from Performance Bicycle in Greensboro. Also a helmet, gloves, a pump, a water bottle and bracket, and a car rack.

B got a Diamondback bike, and all the other stuff (except we can share a pump and bike rack).

Figures it would be cold and drizzly. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 26th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Although the West Region final was a meteor game for me, I really would've rather seen Arizona win. I don't like the 'victs. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 9:30 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Although the West Region final was a meteor game for me, I really would've rather seen Arizona win. I don't like the 'victs. :9f:
Agreed. And now we're faced with the certainty of UConn vs. either carolina or Kentucky. Ick.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » March 26th, 2011, 10:22 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Although the West Region final was a meteor game for me, I really would've rather seen Arizona win. I don't like the 'victs. :9f:
Agreed. And now we're faced with the certainty of UConn vs. either carolina or Kentucky. Ick.
Well, I suppose on the bright side, it's inevitable that 2 of those three teams lose.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 26th, 2011, 10:37 pm

wilson wrote:
I can totally deal with Kentucky. As I said before, I expect it to be vacated anyway, and they really have never bothered me all that much; I feel largely the same about them as I do about Maryland fans (that is, I'm mostly just bemused at how much more vehement their feelings for us are than our feelings about them). I kind of can't deal with UConn; they disgust me and a title for them would pull Calhoun within one of K. However, I don't know any UConn people and could just relegate that occurrence to a vacuum and mostly just pretend it never happen. Plus, even then, I don't think many people would seriously claim that Calhoun could challenge K's coaching supremacy.
I can not deal with carolina. I wish Harrison Barnes would break his leg, and then Roy Williams would trip over his crumpled body and break his leg, too.
No, wait, I don't wish injury on anyone, even our most hated foes.
Ah hell, who am I kidding? Yes I do. Death to carolina.

I am definitely rooting like hell for the right side of the bracket now...Butler and Kansas. I am not rooting for VCU against the Jayhawks tomorrow, as I believe the Rams' magic would definitely run out in Houston and leave one less legitimate foe in the way of the Huskies/Wildcats/heels.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 26th, 2011, 10:39 pm

wilson wrote:[Death to carolina.

I am definitely rooting like hell for the right side of the bracket now...Butler and Kansas. I am not rooting for VCU against the Jayhawks tomorrow, as I believe the Rams' magic would definitely run out in Houston and leave one less legitimate foe in the way of the Huskies/Wildcats/heels.
I hate not rooting for VCU, from my home state, alma mater of cousin Debbie and buddy Amy (even though they beat us a few years back), but for the same logic Wilson cites, I am not. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 26th, 2011, 10:43 pm

wilson wrote:I can totally deal with Kentucky.
I can't.
:whipped: :fight: :livid: :puke: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-screaming:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 27th, 2011, 1:38 am

[quote="wilson]However, I don't know any UConn people and could just relegate that occurrence to a vacuum and mostly just pretend it never happen.[/quote]

I do, around these parts they are worse than Heels fans. Andrew has dubbed them the Puke-On Suckies. I'll take Kentucky of those three. Up till now the NCAA has never had to vacate a championship, only FInal Fours. Hmmm, wonder what would happen if they had to vacate an actual champion? Might bring about some reform which I think is probably needed.

But for now, ABC!!! (Anybody but . . . Carolina or uConn)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 27th, 2011, 1:52 am

Hey you Moms out there,

Care to provide some reassurance that chest pains at 35 weeks is normal? I assume it's because future-DA is growing upward into my diaphragm & rib cage, but it feels like someone is using the jaws of life from the inside to get out.

I keep hoping all of these promises of "lightening" (baby dropping into the pelvis) are true as well! Come on, gravity!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 8:27 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Hey you Moms out there,

Care to provide some reassurance that chest pains at 35 weeks is normal? I assume it's because future-DA is growing upward into my diaphragm & rib cage, but it feels like someone is using the jaws of life from the inside to get out.

I keep hoping all of these promises of "lightening" (baby dropping into the pelvis) are true as well! Come on, gravity!
Completely normal. My stomach got pushed up so high that I lived off of Tums until labor was over. I couldn't sleep. The kid(s) beat me up from the inside. My ribs were bruised from all of the kicking and punching.

I felt like I was going to be pregnant forever (and I was with kid #1 who waited until 42 weeks to emerge).

After the baby is born, you'll have an acute type of pain like you've never experienced before--one that no man has or will ever experience--and you'll forget that your ribs ever hurt. Percocet helps.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 27th, 2011, 9:35 am

My Duke tree has been taken down & stored. I don't think I'll live it up until our bb season is over next season. Maybe it needs to regenerate winning vibes for awhile. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :duke: :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 27th, 2011, 10:56 am

Off to see The House of Shelly! B-) :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 3:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Off to see The House of Shelly! B-) :happy-bouncyblue:
Y'all have fun! I already know you will!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:My Duke tree has been taken down & stored. I don't think I'll live it up until our bb season is over next season. Maybe it needs to regenerate winning vibes for awhile. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :duke: :duke:
Sigh. I left mine up so that a friend could see it last night.

So depressing to have to take the tree down in March. . .

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 27th, 2011, 3:26 pm

CathyCA, I channeled you on Section 21. The DePaul coach has some seriously bad hair. I commented on it for you. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 27th, 2011, 3:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:CathyCA, I channeled you on Section 21. The DePaul coach has some seriously bad hair. I commented on it for you. :ymdevil:
I'm looking at it right now.

His hair isn't as bad as his dress shirt that is puckered around the DePaul logo. I don't know who thought that embroidering a school logo on a dress shirt was a good idea, but whoever it was should have pre-shrunk that shirt before running it through the embroidery machine.

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 27th, 2011, 3:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:CathyCA, I channeled you on Section 21. The DePaul coach has some seriously bad hair. I commented on it for you. :ymdevil:
I'm looking at it right now.

His hair isn't as bad as his dress shirt that is puckered around the DePaul logo. I don't know who thought that embroidering a school logo on a dress shirt was a good idea, but whoever it was should have pre-shrunk that shirt before running it through the embroidery machine.

Cathy, I mentioned this in The Stadium, but you may have missed it...I think we should start a dedicated snark thread. What do you think?