LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 4:04 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:Thanks! At my current posting rate there of about 1 post per week over the last 3 months, it should we QUITE a long time before #7000 (if ever).
I aspire to catch BillyBreen one day...
Besides, many of us still think he's locked up in someone's basement in Atlanta... :roll: :lol:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 27th, 2009, 7:17 pm

Okay, I just read your location, DD, and that does NOT please me. If there was ever a time for this emoticon: :(( ...

For those who haven't seen it, it's something about being on the wrong end of a colonoscope.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 27th, 2009, 10:04 pm

I'm back. I'm too exhausted to share tales or pics just yet, but soon enough, my friends.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 27th, 2009, 10:24 pm

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:Thanks! At my current posting rate there of about 1 post per week over the last 3 months, it should we QUITE a long time before #7000 (if ever).
I aspire to catch BillyBreen one day...
Besides, many of us still think he's locked up in someone's basement in Atlanta... :roll: :lol:
Congrats on 6000! You da man!

Colonoscopy. Yuck! I guess you're having a party in you colon Sunday night! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » June 27th, 2009, 10:44 pm

Congrats DD!

We just arrived in So Jo (South Jersey). Katie was an angel during the 8.5 hr car ride. I can't believe the kid was so good, even after screaming her head off several times in the middle of the night last night. She napped only 1.5 hr or so, and she was still entertained most of the trip. Tomorrow we're off to the Jersey shore for a week with the grandparents.
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 27th, 2009, 10:46 pm

Alas, a week's vacation is almost over. Tonight is our last night on the wonderful island of Hilton Head until next year. Heading home in the morning.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 27th, 2009, 10:52 pm

I'm at Holden Beach.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 27th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Hope you had a great trip Ozzie, I haven't been there since the late 70's. I'm assuming you got plenty of golf in.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 27th, 2009, 11:18 pm

I'm headed to Charleston, SC (otherwise known as heaven) on Tuesday for a month.
Research (my research), sandy leisure time, and beautiful women all around in my favorite city for the entirety of summer's prime month? Yes, please.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 28th, 2009, 6:44 am

bjornolf wrote:Went to King's Dominion Thursday for our boys' first trip (Katie stayed home with the grandparents). Wow, they have SO much more stuff than they did even 10 years ago when I last went with my wife, then girlfriend.

We had a GREAT time. The boys LOVED the log flume (ironic since that's one of the oldest rides left). We went on it seven times. The weather was perfect. It cooled off a little before it got TOO beastly hot. The longest line we waited in was for the ferris wheel of all things, and that was only about 15 minutes. The only thing that bummed me out was that Michael couldn't ride a couple things that seemed kinda ridiculous to me, like the swings and white water canyon. He's 43.5 inches tall (he's still 3) and they require 48" and 46" respectively for those. I get it on some of the roller coasters, but I just don't get how a kid can ride the triple spin or the log flume, but not WWC. Heck, it's no worse than the rubber ducky ride at Sesame Place, and they let him ride that before he was even 2. Just throw a life jacket on him like they do over the in the water park for some things. I just don't get it.

The only run-in we had with another guest was on the Scooby Doo coaster. Oh she made me mad. Jumped from one line to another, cutting off my wife and kid so she could ride with her grandson, who'd just ridden, so got to ride twice in a row. Her two granddaughters were in the car ahead of her, and she had been in line with them. When my wife said something to her, she responded "He's not riding twice, he's riding with his grandma!" The employees didn't say anything to her. My other son (the three year old) and I were already strapped in, so couldn't get out to stay with our family. He ended up crying cause he didn't get to go with her. I thought that was the kind of thing that you could get kicked out for, but the employees just cow-towed to her. She's the kind of person that just doesn't seem to think the rules apply to her. I saw her smoking in non-smoking kids sections twice later, and making loud and obnoxious comments to other guests and employees more than once. Yet nobody said word one to her. I just don't get it. Anyway, I tried not to let it ruin the day, but every time I thought about her, I just wanted to punch her in the face. We had great fun other than that, though.

At 48", Sean could ride everything but the BIGGEST, BADDEST coasters, and had a great time. He could even ride the Anaconda and the Backlot Stunt Coaster (which is AWESOME, by the way). Anyway, we had a blast and stayed from 10:30-9:00, almost closing the place down. That was a LONG day for all of us, but we had a LOT of fun.

%%-
Sounds like fun, aside from the obnoxious woman. Sending a shin kick her way! :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 7:21 am

Besides, many of us still think he's locked up in someone's basement in Atlanta... :roll: :lol:[/quote]
Congrats on 6000! You da man!

Colonoscopy. Yuck! I guess you're having a party in you colon Sunday night! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))[/quote]

Yep. No corned beef or pastrami for me today or tomorrow. I did start my liquid diet last evening however. :D :D :)) :))
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 28th, 2009, 7:24 am

I haven't had a beer in....oh, two weeks. A Stella Artois. I think I had a beer in March before that. Oh wait, I had a Sam Adams(not sure which one it was) in May. Maybe a glass or two of wine since the beginning of January.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » June 28th, 2009, 8:54 am

wilson wrote:I'm headed to Charleston, SC (otherwise known as heaven) on Tuesday for a month.
Research (my research), sandy leisure time, and beautiful women all around in my favorite city for the entirety of summer's prime month? Yes, please.
I'll be near Beaufort, SC from 7/5 until 7/11 or so.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 9:53 am

Bostondevil wrote:
wilson wrote:I'm headed to Charleston, SC (otherwise known as heaven) on Tuesday for a month.
Driving or flying?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 28th, 2009, 11:37 am

Bostondevil wrote:
Fripp? That's where they filmed 'The Big Chill' and the Vietnam scenes from 'Forrest Gump.'
You gonna make it up to Chucktown? I'll be busy enough that I dunno if I can head down to Beaufort (which, by the way, is a great town), but if you make it into the city, we should totally hang out.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 28th, 2009, 11:57 am

If anyone's interested, look for me during the Braves telecast today. I'll be pretty much directly behind the plate, on the 5th row, in a big ass cowboy hat and (obviously) a Braves shirt.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 28th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Nope, Spring Island. It's off Callawassie. I might make it up to Charleston. In all the years I've been going to SC to visit the in-laws, we've never done Charleston. I was thinking about it this year. Buying you a beer might be incentive enough. I don't think it's a very long drive. And yes, I enjoy Beaufort quite a bit.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » June 28th, 2009, 12:08 pm

devildeac wrote: Driving or flying?
Driving. We go back and forth between the Carolinas. My parents are in Durham, the hubby's are in SC.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 28th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
devildeac wrote: Driving or flying?
Driving. We go back and forth between the Carolinas. My parents are in Durham, the hubby's are in SC.
You'll drive right by Ozzie's abode in Smithfield. Ozzie will buy pizza and/or cheesesteaks at Sami's ( :)) ) and I'll bring a fine ale or three.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 28th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Devildeac is heating up!