LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DevilAlumna » March 9th, 2011, 12:15 am

Ooh, Wilson, did you DVR Glee? Gwyneth Paltrow did a great rendition of the Fleetwood Mac song, "Landslide"!
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 9th, 2011, 12:55 am

Weird day today -- what I was expecting to be kind of a "get to know you" chat over lunch with a colleague from another team, has turned into a new job opportunity. I may be interviewing next week.

Same organization/product, same line of work, but my team is in the midst of a very poorly run reorg, so some stability and better management for when I come back from maternity leave wouldn't be a bad thing. Frankly, I wanted to make a change, but wasn't really comfortable about interviewing with a new team when so obviously pregnant. These people know me, I work with them a lot, so if they say they want to interview me now, they're doing it knowing I'll be gone in 5-7 weeks, and out for 3-5 months.

I wasn't really planning on doing things like refreshing my resume (for formality's sake) and doing interview prep & research, but I think this is an opportunity I shouldn't pass up.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 9th, 2011, 12:56 am

Oh, and on top of that, we shipped today! :happy-bouncyblue:

Our product's not live for customer usage/sign-up yet, but the bits are all out on the interwebz! My job has been to herd a large bunch of cats, er, folks, to get something designed, coded, tested and deployed, and we made it! Now we wait for the big marketing splash/announce, while working on the next shipping cycle.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 9th, 2011, 12:58 am

Lastly, on arriving home tonight, I found that Mr. DA had assembled the new crib, and put bedding in, so the nursery is starting to really take shape.

Yeah, been a good day.

:duke:

(Oh, and Nolan winning ACC POY was nice too. :) )
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 9th, 2011, 5:51 am

Okay, DinK, what's up with Michelle? You need to talk to her. SportsNation was doing a feature on the top 20 buzzer beaters of the NCAA tourney. When Collin talked about Maryland, saying that they hadn't been the same team in the last several years after showing a big Drew Nicholas shot from 2002, she put him down, shouting that there were a lot of Maryland fans watching that would get on him. Then when THE SHOT was number 1, she started booing loudly! WTF?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 9th, 2011, 7:51 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Weird day today -- what I was expecting to be kind of a "get to know you" chat over lunch with a colleague from another team, has turned into a new job opportunity. I may be interviewing next week.

Same organization/product, same line of work, but my team is in the midst of a very poorly run reorg, so some stability and better management for when I come back from maternity leave wouldn't be a bad thing. Frankly, I wanted to make a change, but wasn't really comfortable about interviewing with a new team when so obviously pregnant. These people know me, I work with them a lot, so if they say they want to interview me now, they're doing it knowing I'll be gone in 5-7 weeks, and out for 3-5 months.

I wasn't really planning on doing things like refreshing my resume (for formality's sake) and doing interview prep & research, but I think this is an opportunity I shouldn't pass up.
Sending vibes to you, DA. That sounds like a great opportunity! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 9th, 2011, 8:28 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Weird day today -- what I was expecting to be kind of a "get to know you" chat over lunch with a colleague from another team, has turned into a new job opportunity. I may be interviewing next week.

Sending vibes to you, DA. That sounds like a great opportunity! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Yeah, it sounds great! Things are falling into place nicely for you! :D :happy-bouncyblue: Hope the pregnancy continues to be easy and healthy for both/all three of you! (Don't want Mr. DA getting sick either!) }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 9th, 2011, 8:36 am

DA, what an awesome day you had!

Congratulations!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 9th, 2011, 9:15 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Ooh, Wilson, did you DVR Glee? Gwyneth Paltrow did a great rendition of the Fleetwood Mac song, "Landslide"!
That's actually the Fleetwood Muck song that I hate least. The Dixie Chicks' version is pretty good, too.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 9th, 2011, 9:20 am

CathyCA wrote:DA, what an awesome day you had!

Congratulations!

:9f:
Seconded here! :ymapplause: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 9th, 2011, 10:16 am

wilson wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Ooh, Wilson, did you DVR Glee? Gwyneth Paltrow did a great rendition of the Fleetwood Mac song, "Landslide"!
That's actually the Fleetwood Muck song that I hate least. The Dixie Chicks' version is pretty good, too.
VERY ironic you should post this. I was about to post that The Fray sucks ass so bad. "How to Save a Life" is playing over the PA system here. Lord GOD it's an awful song. "How to Write a Shitty Song." Torture.

Lordy.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 9th, 2011, 10:53 am

Good luck, DA! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 9th, 2011, 9:57 pm

2.0 was falling dangerously close to the Page 1 precipice.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 9th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Muppet Treasure Island? Yes, please.
:character-kermit: :character-kermit: :character-kermit: :AR! :Pirate: :AR! :Pirate: :AR! :character-kermit: :character-kermit: :character-kermit:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 9th, 2011, 10:52 pm

wilson wrote:2.0 was falling dangerously close to the Page 1 precipice.
Thanks to all the new threads from Earl O'Jammeth. :AR!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 10th, 2011, 12:28 am

Pointless, self-indulgent pre-bedtime post. :happy-bouncyblue:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 10th, 2011, 12:29 am

EJ Singler vs. Carrick Felix is interesting enough to make me question whether I really wish to go to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 10th, 2011, 12:30 am

wilson wrote:EJ Singler vs. Carrick Felix is interesting enough to make me question whether I really wish to go to bed.
I might crush late night just because I can. I ain't got shit going on tomorrow anyway, except birthday lunch with my uncle (his birthday, not mine).
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 10th, 2011, 12:31 am

wilson wrote:I ain't got shit going on tomorrow anyway, except birthday lunch with my uncle (his birthday, not mine).
Well, actually, by now it's today rather than tomorrow. But you get the idea.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 10th, 2011, 12:32 am

wilson wrote:...birthday lunch with my uncle (his birthday, not mine).
This uncle is my mom's younger brother. He lives just right across town, and he's one of my best friends. We hang out a lot. We're going for hot dogs tomorrow (actually today...but we already discussed that).