LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » March 7th, 2011, 11:19 pm

wilson wrote:Vibes to Sasha and family. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
And Tilly, I so love that you have contracted the canine addiction. :ymapplause: :ymparty: 8-} :O3 :O3
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 7th, 2011, 11:28 pm

I have recently taken to cutting my own hair. Nobody has yet told me I look like a tool. In fact, after each trim, I've gotten multiple compliments. I just did it again.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 12:49 am

I recently purchased the following, after lusting for it for several months.
pirate scarf.jpg
It was originally offered at $145, which I simply will not pay for a scarf. I watched it and watched it, tracking steady markdowns. Finally, once I was able to buy it for $40, I decided that I had to have it. It's big, warm, and made of nice, soft, luxurious wool. It is flippin' awesome. It almost makes me wish for spring to wait a while longer to arrive.
However, my scarf will still be here next winter. :Pirate: :AR!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 1:07 am

Gratuitous post. No reason. :character-grover: :character-kermit: :character-mrt: :character-yoshi: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-wavemulticolor: :orcs-buttshake:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 8th, 2011, 7:46 am

wilson wrote:I recently purchased the following, after lusting for it for several months.
pirate scarf.jpg
It was originally offered at $145, which I simply will not pay for a scarf. I watched it and watched it, tracking steady markdowns. Finally, once I was able to buy it for $40, I decided that I had to have it. It's big, warm, and made of nice, soft, luxurious wool. It is flippin' awesome. It almost makes me wish for spring to wait a while longer to arrive.
A theme scarf! I love it!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 8:34 am

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:I recently purchased the following, after lusting for it for several months.
pirate scarf.jpg
A theme scarf! I love it!
I mean, it has a freakin' treasure map on it. How could I possibly resist it?
:Pirate: :AR! :AR! :AR! :AR! :AR! :AR! :AR! :AR! :AR!----------------------------X
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 8th, 2011, 9:56 am

pirate scarf.jpg
That scarf is YOU, wilson. Glad you got it! Maybe you'll have a few chilly days in which to use it before next winter.
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 8th, 2011, 2:23 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Vibes to Sasha and family. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
And Tilly, I so love that you have contracted the canine addiction. :ymapplause: :ymparty: 8-} :O3 :O3
Kind of shocking isn't it? Winston came home last night, there is a lot of adjusting that we are all going through.
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 8th, 2011, 2:24 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:
Kind of shocking isn't it? Winston came home last night, there is a lot of adjusting that we are all going through.
Winston is soooo cute! Merlin :O3 approves. Sasha would if she were home to do so. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 8th, 2011, 2:26 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Winston is soooo cute! Merlin :O3 approves. Sasha would if she were home to do so. :O3
Maybe Merlin, Sasha, Vesper, and Winston can get together for a play date.
I worship the Blue Devil!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 8th, 2011, 4:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
pirate scarf.jpg
That scarf is YOU, wilson. Glad you got it! Maybe you'll have a few chilly days in which to use it before next winter.
I second that on both accounts!

Does the scarf have that "wheel-thing" that steers the ships? What's that called?

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Kenny Dennard's new license plate, as posted on Facebook!
Attachments
's Licence Plate.jpg
's Licence Plate.jpg (6.8 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 8th, 2011, 6:29 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Kenny Dennard's new license plate, as posted on Facebook!
Love it!! :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 8th, 2011, 6:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Kenny Dennard's new license plate, as posted on Facebook!
Way to go, Dog! :clap: :-BD ^:)^ :O3
:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Can't decide whether to watch movies and/or basketball or read a book tonight. :-?
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 8th, 2011, 7:26 pm

wilson wrote:Can't decide whether to watch movies and/or basketball or read a book tonight. :-?
Do them ALL! You can also add post whoring to the list!!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 7:35 pm

EarlJam wrote:
wilson wrote:Can't decide whether to watch movies and/or basketball or read a book tonight. :-?
Do them ALL! You can also add post whoring to the list!!

-EarlJam
I just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yesterday. Sure enough, it's really good. But I also have 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' and 'Muppet Treasure Island' queued up on the DVR.
Decisions, decisions. :-??
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Finishing up Star Wars, Episode III. Say what you will about the new trilogy on the whole (*cough* it sucks ass *cough*), but the last 30 minutes of this film stand pretty well alongside the old ones in my opinion.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 8th, 2011, 9:11 pm

wilson wrote:Finishing up Star Wars, Episode III. Say what you will about the new trilogy on the whole (*cough* it sucks ass *cough*), but the last 30 minutes of this film stand pretty well alongside the old ones in my opinion.
I agree with that. At least with some of it. The last 3 (new 3) are just so overproduced, including the last 30 minutes, but it's still better than the most of the what the 3 have to offer.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 8th, 2011, 9:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:Finishing up Star Wars, Episode III. Say what you will about the new trilogy on the whole (*cough* it sucks ass *cough*), but the last 30 minutes of this film stand pretty well alongside the old ones in my opinion.
I agree with that. At least with some of it. The last 3 (new 3) are just so overproduced, including the last 30 minutes, but it's still better than the most of the what the 3 have to offer.
Thematically, though, that last half hour is actually integral to the whole series in my opinion.
Watching Luke and Leia's birth, followed by the Frankenstein-like "birth" of Darth Vader, and then the shots on the bridge of the Star Destroyer, overlooking the skeleton of the Death Star, with an overall aesthetic that parallels that of the originals extremely well, to me, validates the entire third film in the new trilogy.
:yoda: :vader: :stormtrooper: :bobafett: :r2d2: