LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2011, 12:19 am

wilson wrote:Sleeping by myself in a king-sized bed is one of my favorite things in life.
Me, too!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 27th, 2011, 1:27 am

Related to laundry detergent, I've just laundered my first-ever batch of baby clothes. Man, these are some tiny garments, especially the little socks.

I was never into dolls and dress-up games. Maybe Mr. DA will have to become laundry guy; I'd trade dishes duty.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 27th, 2011, 1:34 am

Maybe I'm just grumpy because I had a slo-mo fall today in the grocery store parking lot. I was trying to maneuver one of the smaller shopping carts (the little, metal, 1/2-size ones) off the curb, but it took a nose dive, and kind of pulled me off balance. I landed first with my shins on the cart, then kind of on my right arm/shoulder/hip in the middle of the roadway between the store & parking lot. Did I mention it's snowy/sleety today? My jeans got soaked.

A nice couple came running up and helped me get up, on my feet, and picked up all my groceries for me. I got into my car and just started crying, I was so shaken up. My shins still hurt, and my shoulder is sore. FutureDA seems fine.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 27th, 2011, 7:28 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Maybe I'm just grumpy because I had a slo-mo fall today in the grocery store parking lot. I was trying to maneuver one of the smaller shopping carts (the little, metal, 1/2-size ones) off the curb, but it took a nose dive, and kind of pulled me off balance. I landed first with my shins on the cart, then kind of on my right arm/shoulder/hip in the middle of the roadway between the store & parking lot. Did I mention it's snowy/sleety today? My jeans got soaked.

A nice couple came running up and helped me get up, on my feet, and picked up all my groceries for me. I got into my car and just started crying, I was so shaken up. My shins still hurt, and my shoulder is sore. FutureDA seems fine.
No more snow/sleet!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
I hope Sunday will be a better day.
Saturday was pretty crappy. :Boo:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 27th, 2011, 7:39 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Maybe I'm just grumpy because I had a slo-mo fall today in the grocery store parking lot. I was trying to maneuver one of the smaller shopping carts (the little, metal, 1/2-size ones) off the curb, but it took a nose dive, and kind of pulled me off balance. I landed first with my shins on the cart, then kind of on my right arm/shoulder/hip in the middle of the roadway between the store & parking lot. Did I mention it's snowy/sleety today? My jeans got soaked.

Thank goodness you guys are okay and you had the presence of mind to fall on the right parts. :ymhug:
When my wife was pregnant in winter, we got her some of those spikes that go over the shoes. It helped her a lot.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 27th, 2011, 8:37 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for you to feel better, and for little DA to be fine!
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 27th, 2011, 8:46 am

Glad you only bruised your parts and not FutureDA's. Glad you didn't break any of your parts too! BE CAREFUL!

Vibes for feeling better and unbruised. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2011, 8:49 am

DA, I think you need lots of CTN hugs and vibes today. I hope you aren't too sore. Get some rest! :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f: :ymhug: :9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 27th, 2011, 9:16 am

That is scary. Healing vibes for the shins and shoulder. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 27th, 2011, 9:37 am

Thanks goodness your both OK. Hope your shoulder is not damaged. Sending vibes for NO MORE FALLS!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 27th, 2011, 9:39 am

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:Sleeping by myself in a king-sized bed is one of my favorite things in life.
Me, too!

I prefer having company. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 27th, 2011, 10:01 am

Be ye therefore exceedingly careful. Simon says...NO SNOW! :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 27th, 2011, 7:12 pm

The Ladies won!! This made my day. :9f: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :9f:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 27th, 2011, 9:16 pm

'Toy Story 3' won Best Animated Feature, so I can go to sleep happy. I have already watched as much of this year's Oscars as I have of the past ten ceremonies combined. I couldn't care less about the rest of the ceremony, although I'd like to see Natalie Portman win Best Actress. I thought her performance in 'Black Swan' was terrific.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 28th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Walter is in an especially snuggly mood this evening. :O3
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 28th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Where is everyone?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 28th, 2011, 9:34 pm

wilson wrote:Where is everyone?
We're watching The Bachelor.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Went to dinner in Greensboro. Bought a biscuit cutter at Sur la Table. Just back from walking :O3 and :O3 .

Haven't decided when to break out the new Duke bandanas I bought for the pups at Three Dog Bakery in Asheville on Saturday. I was so X( over the debacle in Blacksburg that they haven't made it out of the bag yet.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 1st, 2011, 12:20 am

wilson wrote:Where is everyone?
I was at an National Honor Society initiation.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 1st, 2011, 7:39 am

Jane Russell died. She did not age gracefully.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.