LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 3:43 pm

wilson wrote:
EarlJam wrote:Wilson.....just killed a man. Put a gun up to his head, shot of bourbon now he's dead. Wilson, life had just begun; and now you've gone and thrown it all away.

-EarlJam
Thanks a lot, asshole.
Just kidding.
Mostly.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 3:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:The concourse bar/grill I'm currently sitting in is something of an exception. The food is actually pretty good, and it's not stoopidly expensive. The bourbon, I'm sure, will be a different story, but such is life sometimes.
I'm looking forward to reading about you in the news tomorrow.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNew ... 35853.html
Singapore is a fucking weird place. They will seriously cane you for spitting gum on the sidewalk. If it were a crime to be drunk on a plane in the States, I would be even broker than I already am.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Now they're playing 'Night Moves' by Bob Seger in here. This place seriously has unbelievably good music. I love this song.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 4:06 pm

I pulled the trigger on one last drink. I'm going to jail in Singapore.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 25th, 2011, 4:15 pm

wilson wrote:I pulled the trigger on one last drink. I'm going to jail in Singapore.
Don't act drunk while you are waiting to board. They can keep you from boarding is they think you are drunk. Then you'd miss your concert, and that would truly suck.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 4:16 pm

I was gonna excitedly post that they were playing Zeppelin in here on top of all the other great music, and that I seriously wasn't sure if I wanted to leave.
Then, Zeppelin ended, and over the speakers came...Fleetwood Fucking Mac. I'm getting the hell out of here. The game is over.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 25th, 2011, 4:27 pm

wilson wrote:I was gonna excitedly post that they were playing Zeppelin in here on top of all the other great music, and that I seriously wasn't sure if I wanted to leave.
Then, Zeppelin ended, and over the speakers came...Fleetwood Fucking Mac. I'm getting the hell out of here. The game is over.
Fleetwood Mac? Sweet Jesus in a rusted wood chipper. Get the HELL out of there NOW! RUN!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 6:27 pm

I go on an inspired post-whoring jag, and all I get from y'all is =:) =:) =:) =:) =:)
X(
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 25th, 2011, 6:38 pm

There are something like a half-dozen empty seats on this plane. One of them is next to me.
Lucky me.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 25th, 2011, 9:13 pm

wilson wrote:There are something like a half-dozen empty seats on this plane. One of them is next to me.
Lucky me.
You posted this almost an hour after your flight was supposed to leave (5:40pm). Did you miss the concert?
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 26th, 2011, 12:47 am

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:There are something like a half-dozen empty seats on this plane. One of them is next to me.
Lucky me.
You posted this almost an hour after your flight was supposed to leave (5:40pm). Did you miss the concert?
I did not miss the concert. I just got home. It was a killer show. Really glad I went. The above post was made with the assistance of in-flight wifi.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Hazards of the Job

Post by captmojo » February 26th, 2011, 8:36 am

Yesterday, I had a delivery to the Honda store in Huntersville NC. After I took their 3 new Accords off the BUTT, the urgent call of nature struck. Seeing as how most dealerships kinda frown on folks that may decide to urinate on their nicely paved lots, and, understanding a touch of modesty in my own character, I decided to venture into the customer lounge, find the 'little boys room' and also find some relief.

When I left the BUTT, I placed my work gloves and my "Magic Wand' (The latter item goes by many titles. Some call it 'Tie-Down Bar', "Ratchet Bar', whatever. In any case, it is a very hardened steel bar of about 30 inches in length, with a 45 degree bend at one end for insertion into the chain axle ratchets that pull the chains tight on the cars that I carry. #:-s ) to lean against the back end of the BUTT near the tail lights. Upon return from the powder room, ready to ride away, I found my gloves there where I left them, however, I sadly discovered that my Magic Wand had appeared to have blown away. Lost, I supposed, to the whims of the heavy winds that were announcing the back edge of the cold front that was passing. I was amazed that the heavy steel rod was a victim of the winds but yet the lightweight leather gloves had survived an aimless trip with the breezes.

NAH!!!!!!!! :-o X( Some asshole, I don't know their name (or names as the case may be), so I feel certain they won't mind if I call them asshole(s), had relieved me of the ownership of said bar. Not having a spare, I now find myself in the awkward position of having two more delivery stops and NO way to get them off. As only good fortune only could have it, I came across another poor bast...ugh... driver in Charlotte. We were across the street from one another. He willingly allowed me the use of his spare wand. I promised to return it this coming Monday. The remaining dealerships I had to attend to, provided themselves great rejoicing.

Yesterday's adventure only cost me an additional 2.5 hours delay that was caused by my enterprising friends that deal in the trade, or lack of trade, in the previously-owned steel business, Assholes are Us. I'd like to find them and present them with another brand-spanking new bar, in reward for their daring exploit. This bar could help to keep them on the 'straight and narrow' path to future adventures. Especially when one considers where I could suggest to them that they keep it, and wear it proudly. It would assist them in the ability to maintain an UPRIGHT stance though life. (see also: anal probes)
:banana-ninja: :banana-fingers: Harumph!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2011, 11:35 am

Go getum Cap't. :banana-ninja: :banana-fingers: Harumph! :9f: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 26th, 2011, 11:40 am

I thought you were going to plant the new bar between their ears.

Mean people make me so mad.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 26th, 2011, 11:43 am

It's not a really good idea for me to watch Game Day at VT before we play them.

My blood pressure is rising.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » February 26th, 2011, 12:28 pm

EarlJam wrote:
wilson wrote:I was gonna excitedly post that they were playing Zeppelin in here on top of all the other great music, and that I seriously wasn't sure if I wanted to leave.
Fleetwood Mac? Sweet Jesus in a rusted wood chipper. Get the HELL out of there NOW! RUN!

-EarlJam

Fuck that, enjoy it while you can!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 26th, 2011, 5:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:It's not a really good idea for me to watch Game Day at VT before we play them.

My blood pressure is rising.

Damn turkeys! :9f: :chicken:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 26th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Got home from work a little while ago. Had to finish two posters for a big research presentation on Monday. Found out last Tuesday that I had to do both. Worked on them late every night (had very little spare time at work for them) and finished up this afternoon. Both are at Kinko's now, and I'll pick them up tomorrow. That is the only work-related thing I'm doing for the rest of the weekend. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 26th, 2011, 11:01 pm

I'm sad. :( :( :( :9f:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 27th, 2011, 12:14 am

Sleeping by myself in a king-sized bed is one of my favorite things in life.