LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2011, 12:12 pm

wilson wrote:*Resisting urge to make joke about kissing DinK's niece and making it better*
Well, OK, I didn't really resist it at all. Boy, is she purty. :x
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 22nd, 2011, 12:43 pm

We are giving some of our residents mock oral exams this weekend to prepare for their boards. I am sitting here putting together the exam questions, including pictures. Most of the pictures are pretty benign, x-rays, ct scans, etc. But some are of body parts. There is one picture I've seen, which I refuse to figure out what it really is of as it looks like General Tso's chicken. It's bad enough I'll always associate GTC with a body part, I'd prefer not to know what that body part is.
I worship the Blue Devil!
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 22nd, 2011, 5:04 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:She slipped on ice in the parking lot and broke her ankle. I think yesterday was her first day back.
It was her first day back. They had some fun stand-ins in her absence, but she's the best...she and Cowherd do well together, and he has really grown on me recently (couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that he's a big-time respecter of Duke...).
*Resisting urge to make joke about kissing DinK's niece and making it better*
Wilson, we agree on a lot of stuff but on this one I must beg to differ. I find Cowherd to be a major Blowhard. Honestly, he is the ONLY sports guy on the radio I truly cannot listen to. Like rubbing fingernails across a chalkboard. Maybe's he's changed his approach? And I'm not just saying I hate him but still tune in to him because he says outrageous things. No. I really can't listen to him. He repeats one point about 200 times in his show and screams (or at least has an elevated voice that I don't care for). Hmmmmmmmmm, he loves Duke? This could change things.

I'll give his show another try, but if I turn the dial, it will be the 2,845,749th time I've done so....in a row.

DinK's niece on the other hand... :ymapplause: :-BD :ymhug: :happy-bouncyblue:

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 22nd, 2011, 5:09 pm

He seems to kind of go back and forth on Duke. Most of the time, he lists us with the Yankees, Lakers, etc. as the best sports teams out there and people only hate us because they want to BE us. However, last year, before we won the championship, he went on a couple month thing where he was saying that we hadn't been living up to our seedings, and we'd mostly been getting them on reputation. So, take that as you will.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2011, 5:22 pm

bjornolf wrote:...he went on a couple month thing where he was saying that we hadn't been living up to our seedings, and we'd mostly been getting them on reputation. So, take that as you will.

@};-
Well, I dunno about "getting them on reputation," but before last year, we did have a solid 5-year period wherein we did not live up to our tournament seeding. So I don't have much of a problem with that comment.
EarlJam, Cowherd is absolutely repetitive as hell, but that's the name of the game on almost every sports radio program. It's why I almost never just sit and listen to it...I keep it on in the car or in other morsel-sized portions.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 22nd, 2011, 5:44 pm

They all are repetitive because it's radio and there is no visual imagery to keep in your mind.
There's one local guy up here, that repeats so much, the repetition goes damn near from spot break to spot break and leaves himself little or no time for the show or his guest.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 22nd, 2011, 6:04 pm

captmojo wrote:They all are repetitive because it's radio and there is no visual imagery to keep in your mind.
There's one local guy up here, that repeats so much, the repetition goes damn near from spot break to spot break and leaves himself little or no time for the show or his guest.
It must be radio sports people. During the KC Chiefs locker room show, we numbered Len Dawson's questions. He always asked the same 6 so we could never figure out why he did just say "Mr. Player, please answer #6". And then the player would let us know what a win like this meant to a team like this. :D
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 22nd, 2011, 6:24 pm

TillyGalore wrote:We are giving some of our residents mock oral exams this weekend to prepare for their boards. I am sitting here putting together the exam questions, including pictures. Most of the pictures are pretty benign, x-rays, ct scans, etc. But some are of body parts. There is one picture I've seen, which I refuse to figure out what it really is of as it looks like General Tso's chicken. It's bad enough I'll always associate GTC with a body part, I'd prefer not to know what that body part is.
Is it an appendix?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » February 22nd, 2011, 7:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:We are giving some of our residents mock oral exams this weekend to prepare for their boards. I am sitting here putting together the exam questions, including pictures. Most of the pictures are pretty benign, x-rays, ct scans, etc. But some are of body parts. There is one picture I've seen, which I refuse to figure out what it really is of as it looks like General Tso's chicken. It's bad enough I'll always associate GTC with a body part, I'd prefer not to know what that body part is.
Is it an appendix?
I don't know, but I do know it wasn't a poinsettia leaf.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 22nd, 2011, 9:12 pm

I had dinner with Earl o' the Jammeth tonight. It was a convivial pleasure, as always.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 22nd, 2011, 9:19 pm

wilson wrote:I had dinner with Earl o' the Jammeth tonight. It was a convivial pleasure, as always.
Near a certain chicken in Marietta, perhaps? :animals-chicken:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2011, 12:26 am

wilson wrote:I had dinner with Earl o' the Jammeth tonight. It was a convivial pleasure, as always.
How cool. Will there be pictures with polls?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 23rd, 2011, 10:18 am

I just voted in the Lowe's Senior Class awards (for Jas and Kyle, of course) and the little picture in the men's voting section was of David Lighty of Ohio State.

David Lighty is a Consumer Affairs major. Anyone have any idea what a Consumer Affairs major entails? "Buying Generics 101" and "Store Brands v. Name Brands: A Comparative Study" are what spring immediately to my mind. Is it a jock major, like at VT where the football players all major in Residential Property Management? Or are there more difficult components to it, like higher economics?
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 23rd, 2011, 11:38 am

:asleep: :asleep: :asleep:
What a slow day this is.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 23rd, 2011, 1:24 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I just voted in the Lowe's Senior Class awards (for Jas and Kyle, of course) and the little picture in the men's voting section was of David Lighty of Ohio State.

David Lighty is a Consumer Affairs major. Anyone have any idea what a Consumer Affairs major entails? "Buying Generics 101" and "Store Brands v. Name Brands: A Comparative Study" are what spring immediately to my mind. Is it a jock major, like at VT where the football players all major in Residential Property Management? Or are there more difficult components to it, like higher economics?

I would have enjoyed a Consumer Affairs major. It sounds like there is a lot of shopping involved.

At Ohio State, they teach classes with these titles:

The Consumer Perspective (Do I want to see my friends at The Mall or shop online in the comfort of my jammies?)
Consumer Service & Satisfaction (If I take your survey, will you give me a prize?)
The Multicultural Consumer (Italian leather or Brazilian leather?)
Consumer Decision Making (Chocolate or vanilla ice cream? I think I'll take a scoop of each!)
Consumer Problems (Can I return this dress after I've worn it to a cocktail party?)

Here's a link to the Consumer Affairs major requirements at Ohio State: http://ehe.osu.edu/cs/downloads/cffs-program-sheet.pdf
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by robertduke32 » February 23rd, 2011, 1:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote::asleep: :asleep: :asleep:
What a slow day this is.
I agree, please make it faster... i-)
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 23rd, 2011, 2:18 pm

robertduke32 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote::asleep: :asleep: :asleep:
What a slow day this is.
I agree, please make it faster... i-)
Okay, okay. I can take a hint. Let me go get my cape and fly around the world a few times. This time I promise not to make it go backwards.

**==

-SuperJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 23rd, 2011, 2:50 pm

Hey, where's my cape? What's Laettner doing here? Hey. HEY! X( #-o :-o

-EarlJam
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 23rd, 2011, 2:58 pm

I'm posting this from 25,000 feet, just because I can. :law-police: :auto-rally:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 23rd, 2011, 3:13 pm

The lady right behind me on the plane is singing in a really strange, almost enchanting voice. It's almost like she's trying to charm a snake or something. It's really fucking annoying.