LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » February 15th, 2011, 7:18 am

DevilAlumna wrote:It seems I have a body part now poking up under my ribs. :poke:
Oh, how sweet!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 15th, 2011, 9:04 am

Once you're far enough along, you might be able to tell WHICH body part. That's when it gets scary. :D My wife and I used to have fun figuring out whether it was a foot, hand, elbow, knee, butt, or head.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 15th, 2011, 1:16 pm

bjornolf wrote:Once you're far enough along, you might be able to tell WHICH body part. That's when it gets scary. :D My wife and I used to have fun figuring out whether it was a foot, hand, elbow, knee, butt, or head.

@};-
That's so true! Sam always showed his butt (hmm. . . some things never change!). Christian was a breech baby, so he was always showing us his knees and very sharp elbows.

It's fun when you can poke the baby and he pokes back. Although having just typed that sentence, I do not wish to ever experience a baby poking my ribs from inside my body again. It's not THAT much fun.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 15th, 2011, 4:03 pm

The meat is cut, the chili powder is complete, the beans are brining. My aunt and uncle, plus the new girl, are coming over to watch Night 2 of the Westminster Dog Show. Yum yum chili.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 15th, 2011, 5:20 pm

wilson wrote:The meat is cut, the chili powder is complete, the beans are brining. My aunt and uncle, plus the new girl, are coming over to watch Night 2 of the Westminster Dog Show. Yum yum chili.
See new thread!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 15th, 2011, 5:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Once you're far enough along, you might be able to tell WHICH body part. That's when it gets scary. :D My wife and I used to have fun figuring out whether it was a foot, hand, elbow, knee, butt, or head.

@};-
That's so true! Sam always showed his butt (hmm. . . some things never change!). Christian was a breech baby, so he was always showing us his knees and very sharp elbows.

It's fun when you can poke the baby and he pokes back. Although having just typed that sentence, I do not wish to ever experience a baby poking my ribs from inside my body again. It's not THAT much fun.
My wife thought that was funny...for about the first five minutes. Then the novelty wore off, especially when it was me poking from the outside. :D

Erica and I went to see the Duke/Wake game in Cameron when she was 6 months along with Sean, our first. He went NUTS from all the loud noise...we think he was cheering Duke on to victory. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 15th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Right now, I'm three days along with this cold/flu, and my voice is doing its normal descent into James Earl Jones territory. If this lasts through Saturday, it'll be interesting when I give a talk at a political ecology conference.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 15th, 2011, 9:43 pm

I hate them. I despise them: every single one of them inside that building, except the people wearing Old Gold and Black.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 15th, 2011, 9:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:I hate them. I despise them: every single one of them inside that building, except the people wearing Old Gold and Black.
Same here. i refuse to watch. The puppies and I are watching the dog show. :O3 :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2011, 11:24 pm

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:Do they still have Valentine parties in schools? I remember decorating a shoebox back in the day and spending the last hour or so of Valentine's Day exchanging cards and eating candy and cupcakes.
But I bet they don't do that anymore, since it probably imperils children's self-esteem and makes them fat.
Christian's school doesn't have Valentine's parties--it cuts into instructional time.

He did have Cotillion on Friday night at the country club. It was semi-formal and had a Valentine's Day theme with refreshments and decor. I'm trying to teach him the proper social graces.
And that's a good thing to learn!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2011, 11:28 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:It seems I have a body part now poking up under my ribs. :poke:
Oh my. Sounds serious. :ymhug: It can be fun.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 16th, 2011, 12:19 am

CathyCA wrote:It's fun when you can poke the baby and he pokes back. Although having just typed that sentence, I do not wish to ever experience a baby poking my ribs from inside my body again. It's not THAT much fun.
Really, they respond like that? Okay, that's kind of cool. I'd heard that if I put ice or light up to my belly, the baby would move away, but poke & poke back seems like fun little game for awhile.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 16th, 2011, 12:26 am

I think my laptop died tonight. My Internet connection kept cutting out, so I decided to reboot the computer. It never came back on, and it smelled like something was burning.

Big question: will I be able to recover anything from the hard drive?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 16th, 2011, 12:37 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I think my laptop died tonight. My Internet connection kept cutting out, so I decided to reboot the computer. It never came back on, and it smelled like something was burning.

Oh, noes!

The quick answer is, it depends on what burned. If it was a motherboard, then you can pull out the harddrive, and access it from another computer.

One trick I've heard work, is to put the laptop in the freezer for a couple hours, then try restarting. Just be prepared, if it does revive, that may be your last chance to do a back-up, so have an external drive at the ready.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 16th, 2011, 9:32 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I think my laptop died tonight. My Internet connection kept cutting out, so I decided to reboot the computer. It never came back on, and it smelled like something was burning.

Oh, noes!

The quick answer is, it depends on what burned. If it was a motherboard, then you can pull out the harddrive, and access it from another computer.

One trick I've heard work, is to put the laptop in the freezer for a couple hours, then try restarting. Just be prepared, if it does revive, that may be your last chance to do a back-up, so have an external drive at the ready.
The freezer trick is used for hard drives...and I've never once had it work..but I've tried lots! :-B
If something burned on it, you can stick in Antarctica for a year, it ain't coming back. Chances are good for your drive though; like DA said you can pull it and access it from another system using an adapter, or have a local shop do it for you.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 16th, 2011, 12:33 pm

All of this in-between time as I wrap up grad school and look for jobs has left me with lots of spare time on my hands for cooking. Last night's chili was delicious. Today, ribs prepared on my new smoker (thanks to CB&B for a few tips). The dry rub is on, and I'm just waiting a little longer before putting them on.
=p~
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 16th, 2011, 5:29 pm

wilson wrote:...ribs prepared on my new smoker (thanks to CB&B for a few tips)...
=p~
I just might have discovered a new favorite pastime. Damn, they smell good.
Also, I am quite drunk.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 16th, 2011, 5:31 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:...ribs prepared on my new smoker (thanks to CB&B for a few tips)...
=p~
I just might have discovered a new favorite pastime. Damn, they smell good.
Also, I am quite drunk.
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 16th, 2011, 5:36 pm

wilson wrote:Also, I am quite drunk.
Homemade onion rings may or may not be a good idea, but they will be tasty. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 16th, 2011, 5:41 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I was rudely awakened this morning by a long lasting and painful calf cramp. I am not eating banananananas. I hate them.

My calf hates them too.
:cow:
I've decided that my calf cramped up so badly that morning that I actually tore something. My calf has been super sore ever since...even applying pressure to it hurts.
Stupid cramp.