LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » February 2nd, 2011, 8:05 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Looks like Little DA-to-Be may possibly be helping me to a bit of gestational diabetes (in addition to anemia). :( Had to do a glucose monitoring test involving fasting until 8:30am blood draw, drinking some nastily-sweet stuff called Glucola, then three more blood draws, once every hour. I wasn't able to get real food or drink until nearly 1PM. Who knew that messing with your blood sugar for half the day could make you feel like crap the rest of the day?

Results come back tomorrow - fingers crossed that this turns out to just be a warning to stay on top of things (diet, blood sugar, exercise) a little better, and that the wee one is still doing fine.
Vibes to you, DA! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 2nd, 2011, 9:08 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Looks like Little DA-to-Be may possibly be helping me to a bit of gestational diabetes (in addition to anemia). :( Had to do a glucose monitoring test involving fasting until 8:30am blood draw, drinking some nastily-sweet stuff called Glucola, then three more blood draws, once every hour. I wasn't able to get real food or drink until nearly 1PM. Who knew that messing with your blood sugar for half the day could make you feel like crap the rest of the day?

Results come back tomorrow - fingers crossed that this turns out to just be a warning to stay on top of things (diet, blood sugar, exercise) a little better, and that the wee one is still doing fine.
:wizard: :wizard: and :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: that everything is fine for you and little DA!
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 2nd, 2011, 9:20 am

If they say it'll be okay, that's good enough for me.
:wizard: are on account if needed.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 2nd, 2011, 9:29 am

Bummer on having to take the test. Prayers :pray: , vibes :wizard: , and hugs :ymhug: that the results are good and you only have start being more careful with your diet and exercise.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 2nd, 2011, 9:43 am

:ymhug: :ymhug: I do hope for the best for you.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 2nd, 2011, 11:17 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

Thanks, AD! Hope your sister & niece/nephew-to-be are doing well! :ymhug:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 2nd, 2011, 11:22 am

And thanks, LG, DinK, VDB, Bjornolf as well -- I appreciate the vibes and wellwishes, as does baby girl. :ymhug:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » February 2nd, 2011, 12:02 pm

I feel like shit today. I'm terrified it's the flu. Ugh. :sick: :sick: :sick: :puke:
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » February 2nd, 2011, 1:13 pm

wilson wrote:I feel like shit today. I'm terrified it's the flu. Ugh. :sick: :sick: :sick: :puke:
One of my coworkers I work alongside with just got the flu. Bummer. I hope you don't have it but here is a sure-fire way to find out (from Web site: doihavethefuckingflu.com).

1. Stand in front of a mirror with your eyes closed.
2. Stick out your tongue.
3. Open your eyes.
4. If you can see your tongue in the mirror, you have the flu.

Good luck man.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 2nd, 2011, 7:56 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Thanks, AD! Hope your sister & niece/nephew-to-be are doing well! :ymhug:
Thanks DA! Sister and niece-to-be are doing well. Sister is still on bed rest and going a bit stir crazy.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 3rd, 2011, 7:31 am

Is it just me, or do the Maryland unis look like the Bojangles logo?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2011, 8:17 am

bjornolf wrote:Is it just me, or do the Maryland unis look like the Bojangles logo?

@};-
More so Bojangles than Johnny Rocket's. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 3rd, 2011, 8:18 am

I thought all they needed were wigs and big red shoes and they'd be Ronald McDonald's lookalikes.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 3rd, 2011, 8:23 am

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Is it just me, or do the Maryland unis look like the Bojangles logo?

@};-
Did you see last night...
Steve Blake has his jersey hanging in the Terp Arena.

They need a Johnny Rocket's banner to hang next to it.

:)) =)) :)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 3rd, 2011, 8:41 am

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

@};-
Did you see last night...
Steve Blake has his jersey hanging in the Terp Arena.

They need a Johnny Rocket's banner to hang next to it.

:)) =)) :)) =))
But would that banner bring the people happiness?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 3rd, 2011, 9:21 am

@};-
I thought they looked like the end result of a really bad case of salmonella food poisoning.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 3rd, 2011, 3:36 pm

If you send just a general letter or note to someone you haven't seen in many years, and then you call them up to ask if they got your random note, never slip up and say "ransom note" instead. It tends to freak them out/piss them off, especially if they have kids.

ba-dum-bum, ching!

-EarlJam
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » February 3rd, 2011, 3:37 pm

@};-
Damn. That's a good call! They DO look like the Bojangles boxes. Holy cow. Good one!

-EarlJam
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 3rd, 2011, 3:46 pm

We bought 20 windows, at the Habit for Humanity Resale Store today. They are brand new. $15.00 each. Also bought kitchen cabinets, 17 in all that match. They are used. We will paint then and get new counter tops. They are nice ones and in very good condition. Cost was $500.00. We're getting ready to build our house on Kerr Lake. I am excited. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 3rd, 2011, 3:50 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We bought 20 windows, at the Habit for Humanity Resale Store today. They are brand new. $15.00 each. Also bought kitchen cabinets, 17 in all that match. They are used. We will paint then and get new counter tops. They are nice ones and in very good condition. Cost was $500.00. We're getting ready to build our house on Kerr Lake. I am excited. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
That's a great deal! Are the windows double pane energy efficient windows or just regular single pane windows?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com