LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » January 24th, 2011, 9:53 am

colchar wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:It won't be too much longer before LTE has 30,000 post. We're a chatty bunch. :D

Are you suggesting we take a run at it?
3500+ posts would be the target.

By my calculations, all of us would have to pull at least three Ozzies each for the next week. :-B
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 25th, 2011, 8:17 am

Moving day from Kenansville. The movers are supposed to be here at 10:30. Of course, it's raining. Thanks goodness, the truck can pull up to the garage door. It's going to be a long day.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 25th, 2011, 8:24 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Moving day from Kenansville. The movers are supposed to be here at 10:30. Of course, it's raining. Thanks goodness, the truck can pull up to the garage door. It's going to be a long day.
You will be in my thoughts. I have moved so many times: 6 times as a child and 9 times as an adult. It rained during my move-out from California and during my move-in to this house. I consider that a good omen.

You will sleep well tonight, I'm sure. :ymhug:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2011, 9:51 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Moving day from Kenansville. The movers are supposed to be here at 10:30. Of course, it's raining. Thanks goodness, the truck can pull up to the garage door. It's going to be a long day.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2011, 2:04 pm

No pointy-headed boss today. Instead we've been invaded (for the entire afternoon, maybe) by a four year old girl. I think that's a pretty good trade.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 25th, 2011, 4:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:No pointy-headed boss today. Instead we've been invaded (for the entire afternoon, maybe) by a four year old girl. I think that's a pretty good trade.
Have you put her to work yet?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2011, 4:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:No pointy-headed boss today. Instead we've been invaded (for the entire afternoon, maybe) by a four year old girl. I think that's a pretty good trade.
Have you put her to work yet?
She has my remote control police car and is currently running it into walls. :9f: :law-police: :auto-swerve:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 25th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Gratuitous, needless post. Just because I can.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 25th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Preventative maintainence on BUTT has me home today...and probably then some. :happy-bouncyblue: Any day I don't have to work, is a day I don't have to work.

On a much less brighter note, I found one of our mechanics with a throttle programming unit connected to the BUTT this morning. The sad result will be that, in future, top speed will now be a paltry 62mph. That's right. While the company thinks they save money on fuel costs, :idea: I have become a traffic obsruction. X( A trip I used to run in 4 hours (one way) will very likely now take nearly 5. 8 hours, out and back, now will encroach upon 10. SHIT!

I'm not a speeder. I'm 80,000lbs, 75ft long and in your way. As long as I could have the ability to take a boost in acceleration, I could get out and away from merging traffic. This will no longer be the case. When the character "Oddball' from the movie, Kelly's Heroes, was describing his tank's service about how they had been souped-up, he mentioned that their great speed was forward or backward because, "We like to get out of trouble just as fast as we get into it." Now, for me, the only option I'll have is to brake and lose any momentum I may have built up, and that takes so much time and distance to replace.

The company doesn't care. They only look at the cost factor, and not very accurately. This program of engine speed reduction began a couple of years ago. I don't have access to all the data since, but I can say with confidence, that with all probability, a high number of accidents could be blamed on drivers not being accustomed to no power boost available when they thought they might have it. What is the cost of that? Extra time on the job behind that steering wheel, when there was a time that the driver could run a particular trip in a certain time frame and be able to get back to his family, spending the night at his own home, he now costs the company extra for a motel stay.

It's all so unneccessary.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 25th, 2011, 6:48 pm

The state of OUR union, is strong! :Clap: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :Clap: :9f:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » January 26th, 2011, 1:12 am

captmojo wrote:On a much less brighter note, I found one of our mechanics with a throttle programming unit connected to the BUTT this morning. The sad result will be that, in future, top speed will now be a paltry 62mph.
<snip>

It's all so unneccessary.
Ugh, I'm so sorry, Cap't. I have pretty much always found that big-rig truckers are some of the best drivers on the road - they pay attention to what's going on all around them, know when to speed up or slow down or move over to keep traffic flow going, etc. Sucks that your company is eliminating one of your "tools of the trade" in the interests of cost cutting.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 26th, 2011, 8:44 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Ugh, I'm so sorry, Cap't. I have pretty much always found that big-rig truckers are some of the best drivers on the road - they pay attention to what's going on all around them, know when to speed up or slow down or move over to keep traffic flow going, etc. Sucks that your company is eliminating one of your "tools of the trade" in the interests of cost cutting.
There was a time it was worse. When I first started with these folks, they had speed governors set at 59! We complained for years until they stepped up to 65. That's where they first dropped back to 62, two years ago. Last summer, a fuel injector went bad for me and they sent the BUTT out to another source for repairs. When the new injector was replaced, this shop reset the governor, up to factory specifications in order to test. I understand that warranties are voided now, due to the change our people make and, at reductions they make, chances are good for repeat failure due to incorrect engine respiration.

Some people never learn, even from experience. :-\ There are none so blind as those who will not see. :Boo:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 26th, 2011, 9:08 am

captmojo wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
There was a time it was worse. When I first started with these folks, they had speed governors set at 59! We complained for years until they stepped up to 65. That's where they first dropped back to 62, two years ago. Last summer, a fuel injector went bad for me and they sent the BUTT out to another source for repairs. When the new injector was replaced, this shop reset the governor, up to factory specifications in order to test. I understand that warranties are voided now, due to the change our people make and, at reductions they make, chances are good for repeat failure due to incorrect engine respiration.

Some people never learn, even from experience. :-\ There are none so blind as those who will not see. :Boo:

You have to wonder what thought process your company uses for their decisions. Hang in Cap't.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 26th, 2011, 9:11 am

Ahhh SHIITE!!!!
Now the DVD player in the living room, has gone fritz. It doesn't want to read discs. Frickin' frackin', hokey mokey, stinkin' blinkin', broken chokin', unhunkey undunkey, overplayed B-) piece o'crap! X(
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 26th, 2011, 9:19 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
You have to wonder what thought process your company uses for their decisions. Hang in Cap't.
None. Well, there is a method here. :o) Penis envy. :ymblushing: It's just a power game complex they play. For ages past, they have been well known to step over dollars to pick up dimes, and to do it at our expense.

Hang in? I feel I have no other choice. I'm well known to complain about these idjits.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 26th, 2011, 5:35 pm

More idjits!
Who might be responsible for handling the advertising for the Honda store in Martinsville, VA?
I got a mailer today, with a notice on the envelope stating "Urgent". Also something concerning privacy, paraphased as "This should only be opened by the addressee". Who is the addressee?????

Me....or current resident
:twitch: =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 26th, 2011, 9:57 pm

captmojo wrote:More idjits!
Who might be responsible for handling the advertising for the Honda store in Martinsville, VA?
I got a mailer today, with a notice on the envelope stating "Urgent". Also something concerning privacy, paraphased as "This should only be opened by the addressee". Who is the addressee?????

Oh, that would be the Nelson Automotive Group. X( X( X( X( X(

If they owned the only car dealerships in the world, I would buy a horse. When the holes go to their ultimate resting place, I hope they take the Nelson Group with them.

Scenario: I buy a Ford Explorer, new. I'm the only driver. At 44,000 miles, it starts making this odd grinding noise when I turn, and it sort of crow-hops. I make an appointment @ Nelson. They can't find me in the computer, and then the female service writer says condescendingly to me that what I'm hearing is the limited slip differential, it's been doing this ever since I got it. I told her no, this is something new. She tells a mechanic to show me that there's nothing wrong with it. I back out of the parking space, turn the wheel, and it goes, grind, grind, clank. The mechanic says, "Oh, shit." They keep it a week. It costs me $800 to get it back, on my VISA. I drive it from the dealership toward the courthouse, go a mile, have to call a rollback. They f***ed up the repair and have now ruined the transfer case, which spit its gear teeth all over Commonwealth Boulevard.

They keep it another week. Oedipus and his dad go pick it up (I'm out of town). They try to charge another $800 for their mistake. Oedipus' dad makes a scene, and they relent. (he was a sniper in WWII and was a VERY scary person). I write Ford a 2 page letter of complaint and forward a copy to VISA with a stop on the original charge.

Nelson's offer to make things right? Three tire rotations or three oil changes. My choice.

If they were on fire, I wouldn't spit on them.

Ok, rant is over.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 26th, 2011, 10:21 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
captmojo wrote:More idjits!

Oh, that would be the Nelson Automotive Group. X( X( X( X( X(

If they owned the only car dealerships in the world, I would buy a horse. When the holes go to their ultimate resting place, I hope they take the Nelson Group with them.

Scenario: I buy a Ford Explorer, new. I'm the only driver. At 44,000 miles, it starts making this odd grinding noise when I turn, and it sort of crow-hops. I make an appointment @ Nelson. They can't find me in the computer, and then the female service writer says condescendingly to me that what I'm hearing is the limited slip differential, it's been doing this ever since I got it. I told her no, this is something new. She tells a mechanic to show me that there's nothing wrong with it. I back out of the parking space, turn the wheel, and it goes, grind, grind, clank. The mechanic says, "Oh, shit." They keep it a week. It costs me $800 to get it back, on my VISA. I drive it from the dealership toward the courthouse, go a mile, have to call a rollback. They f***ed up the repair and have now ruined the transfer case, which spit its gear teeth all over Commonwealth Boulevard.

They keep it another week. Oedipus and his dad go pick it up (I'm out of town). They try to charge another $800 for their mistake. Oedipus' dad makes a scene, and they relent. (he was a sniper in WWII and was a VERY scary person). I write Ford a 2 page letter of complaint and forward a copy to VISA with a stop on the original charge.

Nelson's offer to make things right? Three tire rotations or three oil changes. My choice.

If they were on fire, I wouldn't spit on them.

Ok, rant is over.
Wow. What a bunch of losers. :Boo: Sending them pointy-toed shin kicks and stiletto heel toe-stomps on your behalf.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 26th, 2011, 10:50 pm

And to think, I have been known to deliver their merchandise to both stores, Ford and Honda.

You can't get on the Ford lot. You have to go to the little shopping center next door and just hope you find enough room to get in and out. :Boo:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 27th, 2011, 6:58 am

Missing warmer weather...