LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 9:55 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll be closing on the sale of my house in Kenansville sometime next month. :) I'm glad, but sad. :( I love that place and love Kenansville. Of course, I'll be going back as much as I can. We'll stay with Dawn and family or with her wonderful mother in law, Anne, who we love very much. I really didn't want to sell the house but cannot justify the expense. You know the old story, living (or trying too) on a fixed income. A really nice young couple is buying the house. They are to have their first baby in March. That makes me feel good. I am so happy someone will have it that will love it like I do. Life goes on and we must adjust.
How wonderful that you've sold your home to a family who will create new memories in your beloved home. That makes parting with it a little easier to take, doesn't it? I know they appreciate all of the love and care that you put in to that house.
Yes, knowing they chose my house over several more and they really do like it makes it easier for me. Thanks
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Purchase of the day today: a new iPhone 4.I was going to hold out on this purchase for a while, but the battery on my old phone was so bad that it kept dropping calls. I finally couldn't deal with it any more. The good news is that I managed to transfer my "Fight Blue Devils Fight" ring tone to the new phone.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 9:57 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll be closing on the sale of my house in Kenansville sometime next month. :) I'm glad, but sad. :( I love that place and love Kenansville. Of course, I'll be going back as much as I can. We'll stay with Dawn and family or with her wonderful mother in law, Anne, who we love very much. I really didn't want to sell the house but cannot justify the expense. You know the old story, living (or trying too) on a fixed income. A really nice young couple is buying the house. They are to have their first baby in March. That makes me feel good. I am so happy someone will have it that will love it like I do. Life goes on and we must adjust.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Let it be a consolation that the house that you enjoyed so much, will be home to a happy young couple who will soon be bringing home a little bundle of joy.
I do. They really are nice. Thanks LG.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 9:59 pm

My coworker Jane and her daughter Caitlyn went to see us play UCon in Cameron some years back, and Geno's troops were serenaded with the cheer "Husky women" (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap) "Husky Women!"

The lady with the tarhole shirt on fit the bill, but then again, I probably do as well. But not for long!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 9:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Purchase of the day today: a new iPhone 4.I was going to hold out on this purchase for a while, but the battery on my old phone was so bad that it kept dropping calls. I finally couldn't deal with it any more. The good news is that I managed to transfer my "Fight Blue Devils Fight" ring tone to the new phone.
WOHO. Hope you enjoy it. :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 10:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Purchase of the day today: a new iPhone 4.I was going to hold out on this purchase for a while, but the battery on my old phone was so bad that it kept dropping calls. I finally couldn't deal with it any more. The good news is that I managed to transfer my "Fight Blue Devils Fight" ring tone to the new phone.
Yay! Glad you were able to transfer your ring tone. Fight Blue Devils Fight! :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Brett Favre filed retirement papers today with the NFL.

And in other news, the sun rose in the east....
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 17th, 2011, 10:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:The lady holes got the shit kicked out of them at home tonight by Geno and Co. :D :9f:
Nothing left but a buncha pale blue unis laying around the court after the game, I assume. :whistle:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 11:13 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Brett Favre filed retirement papers today with the NFL.

And in other news, the sun rose in the east....
:)) :)) :))
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 18th, 2011, 12:33 am

ArkieDukie wrote:What CB&B, Ozzie, and captmojo said. Also a fine gift to the family. You have a beautiful soul, Cathy.
So very true. You are a great role model for all of us.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 18th, 2011, 8:18 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:What CB&B, Ozzie, and captmojo said. Also a fine gift to the family. You have a beautiful soul, Cathy.
So very true. You are a great role model for all of us.
Thank you, DinK. I'm simply doing what my heart tells me to do, and what Debbie would have done for me.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 18th, 2011, 8:38 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:For the second time in two weeks, my daughter's van has been hit in a parking lot. Everyone is fine. This time they were parked, as in not moving. The other guy got out of his truck, asked if they were OK, got back in his truck, and then left. His license plate number has been reported to the Avery County sheriff. Their right rear (sliding) door is dented. State Farm, and eventually the perp's insurance company, will pay for it. I figure the hit and run, with legal fees, court costs, insurance points, fines and what have you will cost him $5000 more than just paying for my daughter's van to get repaired out of pocket. Do our lawyers here agree, or am I underestimating his costs?
Small update. First, the van was in the parking lot because they were waiting for AAA to come and give them a jump because it wouldn't re-start after they had picked up a couple of things at the grocery store. So they left the van at the Toyota dealer in Boone Saturday night after everything was said and done. Toyota replaced the battery and didn't rip them off (a nice surprise - they wouldn't have been my first, second or third choice for replacing the battery, but $90 for a new battery is right in line, +/- $10, with my choices, so I'm OK with that, other than it would have been done on Saturday evening and not on Monday.) They also needed some other routine maintenance work and service contract diagnostic work done, which was accomplished at Toyota. They don't have a body shop there, but made some local recommendations. State Farm has been in contact with the local law enforcement agencies and is waiting for them to find the guilty driver/vehicle. When they do, then his insurance will cover the repairs to her door with no deductible. If he has no insurance, then her uninsured motorist coverage kicks in and she has a $100 deductible. If they never find him, then her insurance has a $500 deductible... not what we want to happen, especially since they saw the vehicle's license plate and saw the man's face when he got out to check on them. Maybe my guy here in Smithfield can do the repair for less. Not having seen it, I don't know. I don't know if the automatic sliding door still works or not - that might be the deciding factor. She has the van back and is driving it.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 18th, 2011, 9:09 am

captmojo wrote:
wilson wrote:My Monster Jam tickets just arrived in the mail. This is one of my most beloved annual traditions. I am quite excited.
Excuse my ignorance. Does monster jam go on toast? :confusion-confused:
Glad for your happiness over it.
Monster Jam.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 18th, 2011, 9:16 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:For the second time in two weeks, my daughter's van has been hit in a parking lot.
*Snip*
This is a bummer, Oz. It stinks when people do things like that to weaken one's faith in humanity. Sounds like the van is at least driveable at the moment, though, and your daughter is very lucky to have such a devoted, helpful pop close by.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 18th, 2011, 9:48 am

wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:For the second time in two weeks, my daughter's van has been hit in a parking lot.
*Snip*
This is a bummer, Oz. It stinks when people do things like that to weaken one's faith in humanity. Sounds like the van is at least driveable at the moment, though, and your daughter is very lucky to have such a devoted, helpful pop close by.
Thanks Wilson!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 18th, 2011, 12:55 pm

I never noticed this. We have gerbils.
:animals-gerbil: :animals-gerbil:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 18th, 2011, 1:12 pm

I just found out this morning, the closing on the Kenansville house has been moved up to 1.28.11. WOW!! It was supposed to be 2.15 to the end of Feb. We were able to get a mover for this coming Tues. So off we go on Sun. to pack. This happened so fast, my head is spinning. :confusion-seeingstars:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 18th, 2011, 2:11 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I never noticed this. We have gerbils.
YAAAY!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 18th, 2011, 2:27 pm

wilson wrote:
YAAAY!
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 18th, 2011, 5:47 pm

wilson wrote:
YAAAY!
Where's the Soviet flag, dude? :ymcowboy:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.