LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by wilson » January 16th, 2011, 10:53 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Prayers for Mr. Ed's family. Even when a loved one is very, very ill, it is hard when they are gone.
They are a lovely family, too. Now they're down to just two.
Loving vibes to their family and all of you who miss your friend Debbie. That's a great story you've shared with us.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2011, 10:59 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Prayers for Mr. Ed's family. Even when a loved one is very, very ill, it is hard when they are gone.
They are a lovely family, too. Now they're down to just two.
Loving vibes to their family and all of you who miss your friend Debbie. That's a great story you've shared with us.
Thank you, Wilson.

I'm so glad you're back on CTN!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 11:52 am

Headed to Greensboro to do a bit of shopping and see "The Green Hornet."

:ymdevil: I don't know how many carowhine-a fans will notice, but I dressed with them in mind today. I am nattily attired in a yellow and dark blue running suit. It looks like something a GT athlete would wear, without a GT logo. :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 12:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Headed to Greensboro to do a bit of shopping and see "The Green Hornet."

:ymdevil: I don't know how many carowhine-a fans will notice, but I dressed with them in mind today. I am nattily attired in a yellow and dark blue running suit. It looks like something a GT athlete would wear, without a GT logo. :ymdevil:
Very good LG. It might be fun to have tee shirts of the other ACC schools to wear after carowhine loses the their next game.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 17th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Hugs to you, Cathy :ymhug: Well done.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 17th, 2011, 1:03 pm

"What a lovely story, and you tell it so well." :D That was a lovely story, Cathy, and you told it very well. It reminded me of one my mother told of a friend of hers who was dying. He was non-responsive as well. Mom held his hand and prayed with him, and she felt him squeeze her hand, and tears came out of his closed eyes as she prayed. He passed early the next morning. The doctors said it was a natural response, but my family, and his, has always believed differently. Modern medicine has come a long way, but when it comes to matters of the spirit, it's still pretty ignorant.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 17th, 2011, 5:07 pm

My Monster Jam tickets just arrived in the mail. This is one of my most beloved annual traditions. I am quite excited.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 17th, 2011, 6:32 pm

DukePA wrote:Hugs to you, Cathy :ymhug: Well done.
Thank you, Donna!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 17th, 2011, 6:37 pm

bjornolf wrote:"What a lovely story, and you tell it so well." :D That was a lovely story, Cathy, and you told it very well. It reminded me of one my mother told of a friend of hers who was dying. He was non-responsive as well. Mom held his hand and prayed with him, and she felt him squeeze her hand, and tears came out of his closed eyes as she prayed. He passed early the next morning. The doctors said it was a natural response, but my family, and his, has always believed differently. Modern medicine has come a long way, but when it comes to matters of the spirit, it's still pretty ignorant.

@};-
Thank you, Bjornolf.

I'm not going to criticize modern medicine here. Mr. Ed's medical team was superb throughout his treatable illness, and they were astute enough to recognize that palliative care was appropriate. The people who work in hospice are wonderful. They ministered not only to Ed, but also to his family and friends who were in and around his room.

I give thanks for Ed's long happy life.

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 17th, 2011, 6:41 pm

wilson wrote:My Monster Jam tickets just arrived in the mail. This is one of my most beloved annual traditions. I am quite excited.
Excuse my ignorance. Does monster jam go on toast? :confusion-confused:
Glad for your happiness over it.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 17th, 2011, 7:28 pm

If Earl Jam and Monster Jam fights, who wins?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 17th, 2011, 8:16 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:If Earl Jam and Monster Jam fights, who wins?
CTN, of course. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 8:17 pm

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:"What a lovely story, and you tell it so well." :D That was a lovely story, Cathy, and you told it very well. It reminded me of one my mother told of a friend of hers who was dying. He was non-responsive as well. Mom held his hand and prayed with him, and she felt him squeeze her hand, and tears came out of his closed eyes as she prayed. He passed early the next morning. The doctors said it was a natural response, but my family, and his, has always believed differently. Modern medicine has come a long way, but when it comes to matters of the spirit, it's still pretty ignorant.

@};-
Thank you, Bjornolf.

I'm not going to criticize modern medicine here. Mr. Ed's medical team was superb throughout his treatable illness, and they were astute enough to recognize that palliative care was appropriate. The people who work in hospice are wonderful. They ministered not only to Ed, but also to his family and friends who were in and around his room.

I give thanks for Ed's long happy life.
Yes, it is a lovely story. I know it's a blessing to have had such a good friend with a family you have cared about so much. :ymhug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 17th, 2011, 8:18 pm

wilson wrote:My Monster Jam tickets just arrived in the mail. This is one of my most beloved annual traditions. I am quite excited.
Sorry, but when I see MONSTER JAM, I think of the SNL sketch with Bill Hader and Nasim Pedrad, featuring ASS DAN. But that's just me.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 17th, 2011, 8:30 pm

I'll be closing on the sale of my house in Kenansville sometime next month. :) I'm glad, but sad. :( I love that place and love Kenansville. Of course, I'll be going back as much as I can. We'll stay with Dawn and family or with her wonderful mother in law, Anne, who we love very much. I really didn't want to sell the house but cannot justify the expense. You know the old story, living (or trying too) on a fixed income. A really nice young couple is buying the house. They are to have their first baby in March. That makes me feel good. I am so happy someone will have it that will love it like I do. Life goes on and we must adjust.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 17th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll be closing on the sale of my house in Kenansville sometime next month. :) I'm glad, but sad. :( I love that place and love Kenansville. Of course, I'll be going back as much as I can. We'll stay with Dawn and family or with her wonderful mother in law, Anne, who we love very much. I really didn't want to sell the house but cannot justify the expense. You know the old story, living (or trying too) on a fixed income. A really nice young couple is buying the house. They are to have their first baby in March. That makes me feel good. I am so happy someone will have it that will love it like I do. Life goes on and we must adjust.
How wonderful that you've sold your home to a family who will create new memories in your beloved home. That makes parting with it a little easier to take, doesn't it? I know they appreciate all of the love and care that you put in to that house.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'll be closing on the sale of my house in Kenansville sometime next month. :) I'm glad, but sad. :( I love that place and love Kenansville. Of course, I'll be going back as much as I can. We'll stay with Dawn and family or with her wonderful mother in law, Anne, who we love very much. I really didn't want to sell the house but cannot justify the expense. You know the old story, living (or trying too) on a fixed income. A really nice young couple is buying the house. They are to have their first baby in March. That makes me feel good. I am so happy someone will have it that will love it like I do. Life goes on and we must adjust.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Let it be a consolation that the house that you enjoyed so much, will be home to a happy young couple who will soon be bringing home a little bundle of joy.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 17th, 2011, 9:39 pm

The lady holes got the shit kicked out of them at home tonight by Geno and Co. :D :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2011, 9:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:The lady holes got the shit kicked out of them at home tonight by Geno and Co. :D :9f:
I saw a little of this from a TV in the gym. It was a beautiful thing. HUSKY WOMEN! (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap) HUSKY WOMEN!
:ymdevil: :9f:

Syracuse men went down to Pitt tonight, as well. One more undefeated bites the dust.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 17th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Is it contradictory to praise 'Husky Women' while working out at the gym? :-?

Nah! Not in this context. :D :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"