LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2011, 5:47 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:What CB&B, Ozzie, and captmojo said. Also a fine gift to the family. You have a beautiful soul, Cathy.
Thank you. I don't know about the beautiful soul part, but I am certainly blessed with lots of beautiful friends!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2011, 6:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:I just spent part of the afternoon in a hospice facility. My friend Debbie died 14 months ago--some of you may remember that I was with her when she died. Today I went to the hospice to visit her dad who is dying. The family was gathered in his room, keeping vigil. After giving them hugs and telling them that I love them, Debbie's mom, Miss Pearl, asked me if I would like to "talk" with Ed. Ed is non-responsive and in the heavy breathing stage. Talk? How am I going to talk to someone who can't talk back?

So, I sat in the chair beside his bed, I held his hand, and I told him who I was and how much I loved him and Miss Pearl, and how they had led such a lovely life together during their 60 year marriage. I told him that they had raised two wonderful children, and that one of them, Debbie, was waiting for him on the other side. I told him that Pearl would be okay, that she was a strong woman and that there were lots of us who would look out for her, and that it was okay for him to go. I told him that lots of people in church this morning had missed him, and that we had prayed for him, and that the choir had sung a beautiful anthem this morning that he had probably heard before when Debbie was in the choir. I told him again how much I love him, and that I would miss him when he was gone.

Every time I said the name Debbie's name, Mr. Ed squeezed my hand.

In true brotherly fashion, as I was on my way out of the room, Doug said to me, "You know, he's probably afraid that the first person he's going to encounter on the other side is Debbie. She always gave Dad such a hard time. That's why he's hesitating to die." And then we both laughed.

Truvy said in Steel Magnolias, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." That's my favorite emotion, too. And today, I shared laughter through tears with friends.

When I went out to the car, the sun was shining, so I opened the sunroof and blasted U2's "Beautiful Day" as I drove home. It WAS a beautiful day.
Very touching, thank you for sharing. :ymhug: :ymhug: God love us.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Getting close to 3600 post.. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Getting close to 3600 post.. :happy-bouncyblue:
Must do a little PW. Join me? :happy-bouncyblue: :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
PWing? You've come to the right place! :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 16th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
So she leaves? Sheesh!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 16th, 2011, 7:36 pm

My Dad, the Jet fan, is happy.

I guess it makes up for last night.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 16th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Congrats to the JETS! Who woulda thunk it? Last time I rooted for them, Joe Willie Namath was the QB!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 16th, 2011, 8:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Last time I rooted for them, Joe Willie Namath was the QB!
You and me both. :ymblushing:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I just spent part of the afternoon in a hospice facility. My friend Debbie died 14 months ago--some of you may remember that I was with her when she died. Today I went to the hospice to visit her dad who is dying. The family was gathered in his room, keeping vigil. After giving them hugs and telling them that I love them, Debbie's mom, Miss Pearl, asked me if I would like to "talk" with Ed. Ed is non-responsive and in the heavy breathing stage. Talk? How am I going to talk to someone who can't talk back?

So, I sat in the chair beside his bed, I held his hand, and I told him who I was and how much I loved him and Miss Pearl, and how they had led such a lovely life together during their 60 year marriage. I told him that they had raised two wonderful children, and that one of them, Debbie, was waiting for him on the other side. I told him that Pearl would be okay, that she was a strong woman and that there were lots of us who would look out for her, and that it was okay for him to go. I told him that lots of people in church this morning had missed him, and that we had prayed for him, and that the choir had sung a beautiful anthem this morning that he had probably heard before when Debbie was in the choir. I told him again how much I love him, and that I would miss him when he was gone.

In true brotherly fashion, as I was on my way out of the room, Doug said to me, "You know, he's probably afraid that the first person he's going to encounter on the other side is Debbie. She always gave Dad such a hard time. That's why he's hesitating to die." And then we both laughed.

Truvy said in Steel Magnolias, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." That's my favorite emotion, too. And today, I shared laughter through tears with friends.

When I went out to the car, the sun was shining, so I opened the sunroof and blasted U2's "Beautiful Day" as I drove home. It WAS a beautiful day.
Very touching, thank you for sharing. :ymhug: :ymhug: God love us.
Thank you, VDB.

I just got a call that Ed died this evening. I am so grateful that I listened to that still small voice that told me to go visit him this afternoon.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 16th, 2011, 9:28 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: Very touching, thank you for sharing. :ymhug: :ymhug: God love us.
Thank you, VDB.

I just got a call that Ed died this evening. I am so grateful that I listened to that still small voice that told me to go visit him this afternoon.
I don't believe in destiny..we all make our own way by our own decisions. But I do appreciate how some events seem to happen they way they do and when they do for a reason. This would be one of those.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » January 16th, 2011, 9:53 pm

The Yellow Jackets sure tied a nice ribbon on the weekend. 78-58!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2011, 10:25 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote: Very touching, thank you for sharing. :ymhug: :ymhug: God love us.
Thank you, VDB.

I don't believe in destiny..we all make our own way by our own decisions. But I do appreciate how some events seem to happen they way they do and when they do for a reason. This would be one of those.
Well, the fact that he went into hospice this week led me to believe that I didn't have too many more opportunities for a visit. I'm glad I didn't procrastinate and put off my visit until tomorrow.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 16th, 2011, 10:26 pm

What a kind thing for you to do, Cathy. I know Debbie is smiling down on you. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 16th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Prayers for Mr. Ed's family. Even when a loved one is very, very ill, it is hard when they are gone.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2011, 10:41 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
So she leaves? Sheesh!
I cooked dinner and it was great. I don't know what to call to dinner I made. It was sort of Chines but not really. It was good. You know me. I'm forever doing something different. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2011, 10:44 pm

]
Must do a little PW. Join me? :happy-bouncyblue: :D[/quote]
So she leaves? Sheesh![/quote]

I cooked dinner and it was great. I don't know what to call to dinner I made. It was sort of Chines but not really. It was good. You know me. I'm forever doing something different. :D[/quote]

I PM when it's convenient. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 16th, 2011, 10:46 pm

After this, only 14 to go to reach 3600. Doubt I'll finish tonight. Oh well, another day. :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2011, 10:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

What a kind thing for you to do, Cathy. I know Debbie is smiling down on you. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Thank you. I miss Debbie so much.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2011, 10:50 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Prayers for Mr. Ed's family. Even when a loved one is very, very ill, it is hard when they are gone.
They are a lovely family, too. Now they're down to just two.

~ James Naismith