LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » January 11th, 2011, 2:53 pm

bjornolf wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Called the office, and talked to one mad secretary, who said there's freezing rain coming down in the varnish zone, and the parking lot has been scraped to a nice veneer of ice.

It would probably be safer for me to go to work than stay here. B is playing table tennis on the Playstation Move, and the living room isn't safe. Apparently it's a game for the ages.
How is the Move? Do you play it at all? I've been considering it, but we've already got a Wii, so I'm trying to decide.

@};-
So far we only have one Move game, Sports Champions (the one that comes with it). Sports Champions has 6 games: disc golf, archery, gladiator, bocce, beach volleyball and table tennis. They're pretty fun. Not exactly exercise like some of the Wii games, but cool nonetheless. I played archery, gladiator, and beach volleyball for 2 hours this morning. The entire left side (I'm left-handed) of my body is sore.

If you already have a Wii, I think I'd wait til some of the new has worn off the Move, so that it's either cheaper, has more available games, or both.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 11th, 2011, 3:11 pm

bjornolf wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Called the office, and talked to one mad secretary, who said there's freezing rain coming down in the varnish zone, and the parking lot has been scraped to a nice veneer of ice.

It would probably be safer for me to go to work than stay here. B is playing table tennis on the Playstation Move, and the living room isn't safe. Apparently it's a game for the ages.
How is the Move? Do you play it at all? I've been considering it, but we've already got a Wii, so I'm trying to decide.

@};-
Do you mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRvumUx ... re=related

(from about the time you were born, I guess ;) )
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 11th, 2011, 11:32 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote: And it wasn't over after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...

Forget it. He's on a roll. :ymapplause:
A Kaiser roll?

:ymapplause: Excellent response! :Clap: :ymapplause:
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 11th, 2011, 11:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:Just call me Martha Stewart.

I am making the most incredible gifts for my co-workers this year, and they are turning out beautifully!

I took black and white pictures of our building, printed them on tissue paper, attached them to tiles with Mod Podge, and over the weekend I will seal them with an acrylic sealer. I'll put little bumpers on the bottom of the tiles, and then I'll have a set of four coasters to present to each of my law partners and our staff.

I am so pleased with the way these things are turning out. :happy-bouncyblue:
FYI - you can also print them, in reverse image, on Tshirt transfers and iron them onto the tiles. Then you don't have to seal them.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 11th, 2011, 11:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Another Lessons & Carols service on the books! Let the season begin!
Yay! :happy-bouncyblue: How did it go?
Attendance was a bit low due to the icy roads. Music was good. Handbells did better than this morning, and Wachet auf went surprisingly well. The problems? Handbells played immediately before the procession, and the rest of the choir didn't let the handbell people get in line before taking off. The last alto was about halfway down the aisle when I got through the door, and I didn't have a candle for most of the way. Then, for the recessional, I had to lead our side out and didn't realize I was supposed to wait for one of the official candle bearers to lead us out. So, basically, we messed up on processional and recessional stuff that would've been fine if we had rehearsed it. That happens a lot - we don't rehearse stuff because "everybody knows it." Well, everyone except the people (more than just me) who are somewhat new to the choir. X(

I'm still not entirely sure why we have 20 minutes (!) of prelude music, starting when the service is scheduled to begin. Counting the handbell piece, we had 4 (!) pieces of prelude music. I always thought preludes were played before the actual start of the service, but obviously I was wrong. The last number is always the handbell choir, and it's followed immediately by the processional. People who are in handbells and choir have to race around to the back of the church while not actually going through the church, and we didn't make it today. Seems like it would be quite easy to have the handbell choir be the next to last prelude piece so that we'd have time to get in line. It also seems as though we should either omit some of the prelude music or - here's a novel idea - play it BEFORE the service while people are coming in and being seated. As it is, the service is almost 2 hrs long because of all the extra music that gets packed in. I think some of it could be cut, but the music director would disagree with me. (stepping down from soapbox...)

You must have taken procession lessons from our choir. We couldn't process correctly to save our lives. Years ago the family went to see/hear the Michigan Glee Club sing at a local church. They processed in, 2 x 2, and made 4 rows. The last 8 people in filled in the middle of the four rows. I complimented them on their processing after the concert.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 11th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Do my eyes deceive me? Three posts in a row from DinK? Welcome back! :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 12th, 2011, 1:15 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Do my eyes deceive me? Three posts in a row from DinK? Welcome back! :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks for the welcome back. I only had 37 pages of LTE to catch up. Not as many as I feared.
Life is good!
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » January 12th, 2011, 2:46 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Do my eyes deceive me? Three posts in a row from DinK? Welcome back! :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks for the welcome back. I only had 37 pages of LTE to catch up. Not as many as I feared.
And you read them all??? Brave woman.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 12th, 2011, 6:59 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Yea, and most of that was Ozzie, one word at the time. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 12th, 2011, 7:15 am

devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Yea, and most of that was Ozzie, one word at the time. :)) =))
A play we should all be proud of. :D And, quite worthy of a read. ;)
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 12th, 2011, 7:30 am

What Ozzie said! :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2011, 9:07 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Just call me Martha Stewart.

I am making the most incredible gifts for my co-workers this year, and they are turning out beautifully!

I took black and white pictures of our building, printed them on tissue paper, attached them to tiles with Mod Podge, and over the weekend I will seal them with an acrylic sealer. I'll put little bumpers on the bottom of the tiles, and then I'll have a set of four coasters to present to each of my law partners and our staff.

I am so pleased with the way these things are turning out. :happy-bouncyblue:
FYI - you can also print them, in reverse image, on Tshirt transfers and iron them onto the tiles. Then you don't have to seal them.
And that would have been a better way to do it! I'll try that technique, too.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2011, 10:23 am

The spam blocker is working better. Just one spam in the inbox this morning, with the heading: "Outlay less together with me." Although I Know that most of these messages are written in Spanglish, or Frenglish, or Mandalish, I am not sure how to translate this one....
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 12th, 2011, 6:23 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The spam blocker is working better. Just one spam in the inbox this morning, with the heading: "Outlay less together with me." Although I Know that most of these messages are written in Spanglish, or Frenglish, or Mandalish, I am not sure how to translate this one....
Sorry your "fun reading" has come to a halt. =)) =))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 13th, 2011, 10:57 am

EarJam has passed out in Section 21.

:obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 13th, 2011, 10:59 am

This was Piperfer's status on Facebook yesterday.
R.O.F.L.S.H.T.E.T.I.G.U.I.F.D.A.T.H.M.H.O.A.T.A.
M.M.H.T.T.M.T.T.H.A.B.I.L.rolling on the floor
laughing so hard that every time i got up i fell
down again then hit my head on a table and my mom
had to take me to the hospital all because i laughed hehehehehe
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 13th, 2011, 11:11 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:This was Piperfer's status on Facebook yesterday.
R.O.F.L.S.H.T.E.T.I.G.U.I.F.D.A.T.H.M.H.O.A.T.A.
M.M.H.T.T.M.T.T.H.A.B.I.L.rolling on the floor
laughing so hard that every time i got up i fell
down again then hit my head on a table and my mom
had to take me to the hospital all because i laughed hehehehehe
I certainly hope she wasn't laughing at Duke's performance last night in Tally. That was not funny at all if you are a Duke fan. And AFAIK, she does not root for the other side..... Does she?

captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 13th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Black ice marooned in Myrtle Beach. The wonderful SCDOT scraped snow and ice to the side of hwy38. Trouble is, they didn't put it off the pavement. It's piled up on the white lines. Melting somewhat, the water is flowing toward the center of the road and as of dark:thirty...WILL BE A SKATING RINK! I opted to stay alive and allow myself not to be stuck in the path of others, knowing I could not get back north of the 'Black Ice to be'.

Checked into the luxurious Super 8 motel 8-| at 4:45 this PM. I'm now awaiting Chinese food delivery. :-w Ahhh...Sesame Chicken.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » January 13th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Food has arrived! Later. =p~
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 13th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Sesame Chicken is one of my usual Chinese food choices too! Great minds think alike! :D