Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 8:28 am

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukePA wrote:=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) I just read all the Ozzie, AD, LG, DD, CBAB posts. You guys kill me!!! Keep up the great work!! Love y'all!!!! GTHC!!!
The fun starts here....
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4&start=26060#p93201
=)) =))
Outstanding! A replay!
Dang! We were on a roll, weren't we? With that being said, I read through it again and saw several missed opportunities. I'll just have to strive for improvement. There was also a stretch at the end when I had to deal with laundry. A true PW would've let the laundry go.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 9th, 2011, 8:32 am

I was late to the PW party (story of my life). But AD and DD, good job! :clap:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 9th, 2011, 8:34 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I was late to the PW party (story of my life). But AD and DD, good job! :clap:
And, Oz handled it with class. :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 8:35 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I was late to the PW party (story of my life). But AD and DD, good job! :clap:
Thanks! We couldn't have done it without Ozzie. ^:)^
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 9th, 2011, 9:05 am

captmojo wrote: Put up so far back, I nearly forgot to mention congratulations. As for resume/app, isn't he in the TIP program too?
He has a great start. :check:

This 'catchin' up' business can be tough to do. Especially through all the PWing that goes on. :))
Thank you, Capt. Yes, he participated in TIP, too, but that's more of a measure of how well he does on standardized tests. And it gave us an opportunity to work on bringing up his verbal skills. He got his father's math genes.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 9th, 2011, 9:05 am

Post whores.

What fun!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 9th, 2011, 9:31 am

Thanks to all my clown friends last night! =)) =)) =)) =))

And congratulations to our All Everything Band Kids! Glad they can toot their own horns! Future DUMBers! B-) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 9th, 2011, 11:22 am

Just woke up... did I miss anything? :-s
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 11:26 am

I was all set to go to church this morning and started feeling nauseated. Taking antibiotics in the morning tends to do that. My current cure of choice: Ginger Altoids. They work wonders.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 9th, 2011, 11:30 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I was all set to go to church this morning and started feeling nauseated. Taking antibiotics in the morning tends to do that. My current cure of choice: Ginger Altoids. They work wonders.
How about taking the antibiotics with the Ted Drewe's in the freezer? :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 9th, 2011, 11:48 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I was all set to go to church this morning and started feeling nauseated. Taking antibiotics in the morning tends to do that. My current cure of choice: Ginger Altoids. They work wonders.
Too much pastrami during the PWing yesterday? :ymdevil:

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 9th, 2011, 11:49 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
There is no such thing as TOO MUCH PASTRAMMI.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 11:52 am

Dilemma of the day: someone that I didn't particularly like in college (in fact, he was not very nice to me) asked me to friend him on FB. I really want to say no. Does that make me an awful person?

Some background: this particular person was a fellow chemistry major and didn't speak to me at all until our junior year, when I started performing well academically. The real highlight: I received the award for the top chemistry student going to grad school. After the awards convocation, he congratulated me and told me that it was nice of the chemistry faculty to create an award for me, since they couldn't give me Departmental Distinction or the award for the top student academically (he received both). When I explained what the award was and named past winners, the response was, "Oh, then they couldn't give it to me since I'm going to medical school." Fortunately I didn't give him the satisfaction of seeing how much he had upset me. Can't stand the guy to this day.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 11:53 am

Lavabe wrote:
How about taking the antibiotics with the Ted Drewe's in the freezer? :D
No Ted Drewe's in the freezer. Don't even want to think about how many points that would be.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 9th, 2011, 11:54 am

Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Well, for beginners and/or amateurs there is... Oh, wait. That was DinK who tried pastrami at Brunchgate for the first time. I can't comment on AD's pastrami experience level :D

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 9th, 2011, 11:55 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Dilemma of the day: someone that I didn't particularly like in college (in fact, he was not very nice to me) asked me to friend him on FB. I really want to say no. Does that make me an awful person?

Some background: this particular person was a fellow chemistry major and didn't speak to me at all until our junior year, when I started performing well academically. The real highlight: I received the award for the top chemistry student going to grad school. After the awards convocation, he congratulated me and told me that it was nice of the chemistry faculty to create an award for me, since they couldn't give me Departmental Distinction or the award for the top student academically (he received both). When I explained what the award was and named past winners, the response was, "Oh, then they couldn't give it to me since I'm going to medical school." Fortunately I didn't give him the satisfaction of seeing how much he had upset me. Can't stand the guy to this day.
The smart thing would be to simply ignore the request. The fun thing to do would be take his request, post "Fuck You" on his wall, then defriend him. =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 9th, 2011, 11:56 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Dilemma of the day: someone that I didn't particularly like in college (in fact, he was not very nice to me) asked me to friend him on FB. I really want to say no. Does that make me an awful person?

AD, you can just ignore the request, and by that I mean just ignore it like you haven't seen it. It'll stay there for a while, maybe forever as a request and he'll probably forget he sent it. He can't resend it cause it's still sitting there unanswered. No harm, no foul. I've got one sitting like that for over a year. :D

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 11:57 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Too much pastrami during the PWing yesterday? :ymdevil:
Well, for beginners and/or amateurs there is... Oh, wait. That was DinK who tried pastrami at Brunchgate for the first time. I can't comment on AD's pastrami experience level :D
I have pastrami sandwiches on occasion. Kohn's Deli has sandwiches available in our cafeteria, especially around Jewish holidays. Since the fare from Kohn's tends to be superior to anything that the cafeteria has to offer, I will ignore the extra expense and indulge.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 9th, 2011, 12:00 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

The smart thing would be to simply ignore the request. The fun thing to do would be take his request, post "Fuck You" on his wall, then defriend him. =))
Yeah, that would be fun. However, I wouldn't want to lower myself to his level. I suspect that he only wants to friend me so he can make sure he's doing better than me professionally. That is, unless he's changed an awful lot since college.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 9th, 2011, 12:01 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Too much pastrami during the PWing yesterday? :ymdevil:
I have pastrami sandwiches on occasion. Kohn's Deli has sandwiches available in our cafeteria, especially around Jewish holidays. Since the fare from Kohn's tends to be superior to anything that the cafeteria has to offer, I will ignore the extra expense and indulge.
Then you didn't have too much pastrami yesterday! What gave you the upset tummy? Has it gone away yet? Are you feeling any better? :ymhug: