LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » June 19th, 2009, 8:34 am

Turk wrote:It appears I've slipped through a crack in the time-space continuum and wound up in some sort of parallel DBR universe, with a whole army of smilies at my disposal! I see some of you people can use them all at once... I will have to start slow and work my way up....

[on his first day of work]
Billy Ray Valentine: What if I can't do this job, Coleman? What if I'm not what they expected?
Coleman: Just be yourself, sir. Whatever happens, they can't take that away from you.
:-h :-h :-h

Emoticons are B-)
Welcome to our humble 'alternate universe' :ymhug: :ymhug: where we are all O:-) in the eyes of the mods. Where you can drop f-bombs without [-x [-x :-q :-q and being put in :-t.

We love lemurs :(|) but :-$ don't mention the lasers.

Welcome to the :ymparty: :ymparty:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » June 19th, 2009, 8:51 am

bjornolf wrote:When it's basketball season, bone man, can I come over to watch a Duke game? My kids never let me watch in peace.

%%-
Absolutely! I almost called you the other night to come toast with me in honor of DD's birthday, but it was late (around 7-8) when I got home and I didn't want to get you into trouble with the wifey for a last minute, spontaneous call and you run out of the house and leave her hanging with putting the kiddo's to sleep. Will plan better in future! :D
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » June 19th, 2009, 8:58 am

Turk wrote:It appears I've slipped through a crack in the time-space continuum and wound up in some sort of parallel DBR universe, with a whole army of smilies at my disposal! I see some of you people can use them all at once... I will have to start slow and work my way up....

Billy Ray Valentine: What if I can't do this job, Coleman? What if I'm not what they expected?
Coleman: Just be yourself, sir. Whatever happens, they can't take that away from you.
Sounds to me like you guys a couplea bookies.
-- DukeUsul
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 19th, 2009, 9:55 am

How cool is THAT!! TURK is on CTN!! Woo-hoo!! YEAH!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:

Welcome aboard!! :-bd :-bd :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 19th, 2009, 10:01 am

...and the best avatar ever has officially arrived. Welcome aboard! :ar!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 19th, 2009, 10:03 am

windsor wrote:
Emoticons are B-)
Welcome to our humble 'alternate universe' :ymhug: :ymhug: where we are all O:-) in the eyes of the mods. Where you can drop f-bombs without [-x [-x :-q :-q and being put in :-t.

This should be appended to the Welcome thread. I love it.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 19th, 2009, 4:25 pm

I am sitting here at my desk falling asleep reading boring, yet important, materials. @-)
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 19th, 2009, 4:28 pm

I have mentioned this in passing a time or two, but I leave in the morning for South Dakota, on a mission trip with my brother and his church yoots.
We arrive in Denver early tomorrow afternoon and then drive across southeastern Wyoming to Martin, SD, on the western edge of the Pine Ridge reservation (right near Wounded Knee, for those of you who know Native American history). Our trip will include Mt. Rushmore, Wall Drug, the Badlands, and Custer State Park (the biggest state park in the U.S., with bison, prairie dogs, elk, etc.) on the back end. I'll be sure and bring back good pics, and I'm strongly considering purchasing a mounted jackalope at Wall Drug.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 19th, 2009, 4:30 pm

wilson wrote:I have mentioned this in passing a time or two, but I leave in the morning for South Dakota, on a mission trip with my brother and his church yoots.
We arrive in Denver early tomorrow afternoon and then drive across southeastern Wyoming to Martin, SD, on the western edge of the Pine Ridge reservation (right near Wounded Knee, for those of you who know Native American history). Our trip will include Mt. Rushmore, Wall Drug, the Badlands, and Custer State Park (the biggest state park in the U.S., with bison, prairie dogs, elk, etc.) on the back end. I'll be sure and bring back good pics, and I'm strongly considering purchasing a mounted jackalope at Wall Drug.
Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. Good luck with the yoots.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 19th, 2009, 5:59 pm

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:
Emoticons are B-)

This should be appended to the Welcome thread. I love it.
The only thing I would add is a nice tribute in the "f-bomb" section to DBR's "pottymouth" replacement. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 19th, 2009, 6:06 pm

wilson wrote:I have mentioned this in passing a time or two, but I leave in the morning for South Dakota, on a mission trip with my brother and his church yoots.
Enjoy, man. I LOVED it up there. Back in 8th grade, my school took a small group on a one month camping/hiking trip in July. The middle school headmaster was a cool guy who was a NOLS grad and Outward Bound instructor, and led the trip with another teacher and a couple of seniors. We flew into Denver and drove up to Jackson Hole, whitewater rafting on the Colorado, and doing a little climbing along the way. Then we hiked out of J.H. for a twelve day hike through the Grand Tetons. We fished for our supper and covered about 25 miles a day (taking a day break here and there at particularly pretty locales, and a three day stay at a particularly nice spot by a huge lake). We hiked out A LOT faster than we hiked in (we were in better shape, most of the food was gone from our packs, which dropped them from about 85 lbs. down to about 50 lbs., we were used to the altitude, and we were going downhill). What took us about five days of hiking in took two to hike out. We only saw about three other people the entire 12 days, one of whom was a ranger on horseback. It was amazing. Especially since the temperature went from about 10 degrees at night to over 100 during the day. Plus, we found a GIANT snowfield or two while there which we went sledding on on our packs. Playing around in snow in 100 degree heat is one of the weirdest experiences of my entire life. Anyway, enjoy. It was one of the favorite months of my entire life.

And then a week and a half after we got back, I left for my cruise to Alaska. That was truly one of the coolest summer vacations of my school life.

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on June 19th, 2009, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 19th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Cool! Have fun. What will you be driving in?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 19th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Hmmm...my posting is way down and it won't get any better this weekend.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 19th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Although you will be a blessing to all those you serve, I imagine that you will return from this trip feeling like you're the recipient of so many blessings. Have a great time!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 19th, 2009, 8:14 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Cool! Have fun. What will you be driving in?
Just minivans of some sort, but the scenery will still be awesome.
This will actually be my second trip to South Dakota. In 1997, my brother and I shared probably the most meaningful experience we've ever had together on a similar trip as high schoolers.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 19th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Pounding the red sox is fun.
Just sayin'.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 19th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Hey, all! I have a question for the techies in our fair group. I bought a brand new iPhone as a birthday present to myself (and I only had to stand in line for 1.25 hrs!) and am having a problem that I also had on my BlackJack: I can't log in to CrazieTalk. Is it because I stay logged in on my laptop, or is there some reason why the site wouldn't recognize my login ID and password from a smart phone?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 19th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Wilson, Safe travel vibes for you on the upcoming trip! Mission trips are a rewarding experience. Wish I could do stuff like that more often. I look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 20th, 2009, 1:10 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Hey, all! I have a question for the techies in our fair group. I bought a brand new iPhone as a birthday present to myself (and I only had to stand in line for 1.25 hrs!) and am having a problem that I also had on my BlackJack: I can't log in to CrazieTalk. Is it because I stay logged in on my laptop, or is there some reason why the site wouldn't recognize my login ID and password from a smart phone?
Paging Billybreen...

(Has he come over to the dark side yet?)
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 20th, 2009, 1:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Hey, all! I have a question for the techies in our fair group. I bought a brand new iPhone as a birthday present to myself (and I only had to stand in line for 1.25 hrs!) and am having a problem that I also had on my BlackJack: I can't log in to CrazieTalk. Is it because I stay logged in on my laptop, or is there some reason why the site wouldn't recognize my login ID and password from a smart phone?

Bzzzt. I can hit CTN fine on mine and it recognizes me too. Not sure what's up with yours. Does it give you an error message or something?
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.