Moral Support Needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Re: Moral Support Needed

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 9:21 am

Woo hoo! Great job Windsor!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 9th, 2009, 9:32 am

windsor wrote:YES! Month number one is in the books! Only the occassional craving - and the 'habit' part is starting to fade away... :-bd :-bd :-bd
Keep on rolling. Great job. The habit part was the hard part for me. Proud of you. :-bd :-bd :o3 :o3
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 9:37 am

I know have a serious addiction to cinnamon altoids!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 9:44 am

windsor wrote:I know have a serious addiction to cinnamon altoids!

"know"?

Congratulations on completing your first month as a non-smoker. Isn't it a great club to join?

:ymhug: :ymhug: ^:)^ :-bd ^:)^ \:D/ :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 9th, 2009, 9:46 am

windsor wrote:YES! Month number one is in the books! Only the occassional craving - and the 'habit' part is starting to fade away... :-bd :-bd :-bd
Keep up the great work! You're going to blow them away in your new wedding dress, and it won't be with smoke rings!

BTW, I love your new avatar.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:16 am

Congrats on the month. That's awesome! :-bd ^:)^ :ymapplause:

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 9th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Congratulations! You did it!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » September 9th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Congratulations, Windsor! :-bd :-bd :-bd Are you still taking the chantex (sp?)? If so, when can you stop?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 12:48 pm

cl15876 wrote:Congratulations, Windsor! :-bd :-bd :-bd Are you still taking the chantex (sp?)? If so, when can you stop?
I'm still taking it....the standard course is 12 weeks...however both my doctor and a good MD friend of mine strongly recommend I take it for 6 months - they have both seen an sizeable increase in long term success when taken for 6 months.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2009, 5:26 pm

Awesome to hear you are doing so well Windsor!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 11th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Congrats Mom.

Hearing how well you've done makes me think that it is high time I quit as well. I tried Zyban (similar to the drug you are taking) a few years ago and it worked very very well. The cravings were virtually non-existent and I only kept smoking because I didn't change my behaviour patterns (ie. smoking first thing in the morning, after dinner, while driving, etc.). Had I changed those, I probably would have been successful in my attempts to quit. I bought Allen Carr's book but am not 100% convinced of its effectiveness so haven't bothered reading it all the way through...maybe I should get around to doing that.

Anyways, I think I need to quit but am not sure of the method I should use. Maybe I should just try cold turkey and see if I can do it that way.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » September 11th, 2009, 10:25 pm

That is awesome windsor! I'm sure a month can't be easy. Heck, I can't go a whole day without logging into CTN, and that isn't even technically "addictive" (I don't think?). Keep up the great work. :-bd
Class of 2014
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 12th, 2009, 12:13 am

CellR wrote:Heck, I can't go a whole day without logging into CTN, and that isn't even technically "addictive" (I don't think?).

Oh yes it is.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 12th, 2009, 8:31 am

colchar wrote:Congrats Mom.

Hearing how well you've done makes me think that it is high time I quit as well. I tried Zyban (similar to the drug you are taking) a few years ago and it worked very very well. The cravings were virtually non-existent and I only kept smoking because I didn't change my behaviour patterns (ie. smoking first thing in the morning, after dinner, while driving, etc.). Had I changed those, I probably would have been successful in my attempts to quit. I bought Allen Carr's book but am not 100% convinced of its effectiveness so haven't bothered reading it all the way through...maybe I should get around to doing that.

Anyways, I think I need to quit but am not sure of the method I should use. Maybe I should just try cold turkey and see if I can do it that way.
Changing behavior patterns is important. You need to figure what you are going to do before you quit - it doesn't have to much. I moved from the kitchen table to the living room in the morning and that was enough - driving I used coffee stirrers for the first few days - at work I walk around the complex twice a day instead of cigarette breaks.

You should do it. You'll feel great (although right now I sound terrible because I have the cillia recovering scratch throat) and you are a LOT younger than I am so you've done far less damage.

I've heard good things about Alan Carr's book although I haven't read it. Chamtix has a get-quit program online as part of the deal which is sometimes hokey but pretty good (including a 1-800 number you can call to talk you down off the ledge)

You've got lots of support here if you decided to quit. CTN quit vibes are powerful!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 12th, 2009, 8:52 am

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:Congrats Mom.

Changing behavior patterns is important. You need to figure what you are going to do before you quit - it doesn't have to much. I moved from the kitchen table to the living room in the morning and that was enough - driving I used coffee stirrers for the first few days - at work I walk around the complex twice a day instead of cigarette breaks.

You should do it. You'll feel great (although right now I sound terrible because I have the cillia recovering scratch throat) and you are a LOT younger than I am so you've done far less damage.

I've heard good things about Alan Carr's book although I haven't read it. Chamtix has a get-quit program online as part of the deal which is sometimes hokey but pretty good (including a 1-800 number you can call to talk you down off the ledge)

You've got lots of support here if you decided to quit. CTN quit vibes are powerful!
Plus, you can help put your primary care physician and your future pulmonologist, oncologist and cardiologist out of business. :roll: :(( ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 12th, 2009, 9:16 am

devildeac wrote:Plus, you can help put your primary care physician and your future pulmonologist, oncologist and cardiologist out of business. :roll: :(( ;)
=)) =)) =))

I asked my cardiologist if it frustrated him that so much of what he saw was self-inflicted...I would want to scream "Put out the cigarette, put down the pork chop and get off your ass and get some damn excercise"
He said if everyone did that he'd have to switch to (eye roll/shudder) pediatrics to keep the mortgage paid.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 12th, 2009, 10:42 am

windsor wrote:
devildeac wrote:Plus, you can help put your primary care physician and your future pulmonologist, oncologist and cardiologist out of business. :roll: :(( ;)
=)) =)) =))

I asked my cardiologist if it frustrated him that so much of what he saw was self-inflicted...I would want to scream "Put out the cigarette, put down the pork chop and get off your ass and get some damn excercise"
He said if everyone did that he'd have to switch to (eye roll/shudder) pediatrics to keep the mortgage paid.
:)) :)) back at ya...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 29th, 2009, 8:41 am

Update? How goes it? :-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 29th, 2009, 9:17 am

It goes fantastic - seven weeks tomorrow!

The puppies are happy (I can run a little quicker ... not to mention further)

I haven't gained any weight ( #:-s )

Been going to Zumba and Pump classes.

I think I'm gonna make it!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 29th, 2009, 9:20 am

windsor wrote:It goes fantastic - seven weeks tomorrow!

The puppies are happy (I can run a little quicker ... not to mention further)

I haven't gained any weight ( #:-s )

Been going to Zumba and Pump classes.

I think I'm gonna make it!
Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com