You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 13th, 2017, 2:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Two co-defendants are charged with robbery of a man in his home for $140 from his wallet. The victim speaks no English. During the preliminary hearing, it comes to light that the victim and the female co-defendant, um, shall we say know each other in the Biblical sense, and that his dinero is helping to pay for her drug addiction.

The defense attorney asked, "How much did you pay her for sex?" Answer: "Twenty dollars."

Question: "Were you having vaginal intercourse or oral sex?" Answer: "I don't understand." :-o

It was fun to watch the defense attorney turn various shades of red, trying to explain the difference. The interpreter turned pretty red as well. :9f:
That great old show, "Nightcourt" comes to mind. This would have made a terrific story line. They'd have played it to the hilt! :))
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 13th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Two co-defendants are charged with robbery of a man in his home for $140 from his wallet. The victim speaks no English. During the preliminary hearing, it comes to light that the victim and the female co-defendant, um, shall we say know each other in the Biblical sense, and that his dinero is helping to pay for her drug addiction.

The defense attorney asked, "How much did you pay her for sex?" Answer: "Twenty dollars."

Question: "Were you having vaginal intercourse or oral sex?" Answer: "I don't understand." :-o

It was fun to watch the defense attorney turn various shades of red, trying to explain the difference. The interpreter turned pretty red as well. :9f:
That great old show, "Nightcourt" comes to mind. This would have made a terrific story line. They'd have played it to the hilt! :))
Love, Ima
Not the first time salacious information has stumped people in court.

I was besieged once by courtroom personnel wanting to know what "fell-ahh-tee-yo" was.

One of the bailiffs then said, "well, why didn't they just say 'suck' if that's what they meant?"
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Love, Ima
Not the first time salacious information has stumped people in court.

I was besieged once by courtroom personnel wanting to know what "fell-ahh-tee-yo" was.

One of the bailiffs then said, "well, why didn't they just say 'suck' if that's what they meant?"
Answer - because they were talking about unc and we know they like high dollar legal words.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 13th, 2017, 4:51 pm

And the priest said to the nun "what's head"? And the nun said "$20, just like in town!" =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 3rd, 2017, 9:08 am

Poor TigerDevil is having a bond hearing as we speak, and her client just said she needed to leave the state pending her case because she has a job opportunity in Connecticut, "which is right next to North Carolina." :-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 3rd, 2017, 4:50 pm

I'm just full of helpful advice today.

People who fail drug tests for cocaine probably should not try the excuse "I didn't smoke crack, someone put it in punch at a party I attended." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 3rd, 2017, 10:28 pm

8-}
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 4th, 2017, 9:42 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Poor TigerDevil is having a bond hearing as we speak, and her client just said she needed to leave the state pending her case because she has a job opportunity in Connecticut, "which is right next to North Carolina." :-o :9f:
I'm fairly certain that job opportunity isn't with Rand McNally or Google Maps!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 4th, 2017, 9:50 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I'm just full of helpful advice today.

People who fail drug tests for cocaine probably should not try the excuse "I didn't smoke crack, someone put it in punch at a party I attended." :9f:
=)) :(( =)) :(( =)) :((

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 4th, 2017, 10:30 am

I am officially a :-B .

Just wrote in regarding a typo in a Court of Appeals opinion. Someone apparently ran the spell check and didn't read the opinion, unless the Court really did mean to give the defendant a sentence "OFTEN YEARS," rather than a sentence "OF TEN YEARS." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 4th, 2017, 10:53 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I am officially a :-B .

Just wrote in regarding a typo in a Court of Appeals opinion. Someone apparently ran the spell check and didn't read the opinion, unless the Court really did mean to give the defendant a sentence "OFTEN YEARS," rather than a sentence "OF TEN YEARS." :9f:
Congratulations! Reporting typos earns you a badge of honor!
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 12th, 2017, 3:07 pm

I don't need my esteemed colleague CathyCA's fashion sense to know that it's a bad idea for a defendant to wear a shirt depicting two humans engaged in something commonly referred to as "doggy style." :9f: :-o
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 13th, 2017, 10:14 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I don't need my esteemed colleague CathyCA's fashion sense to know that it's a bad idea for a defendant to wear a shirt depicting two humans engaged in something commonly referred to as "doggy style." :9f: :-o
Oh no. . . #-o

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 19th, 2017, 10:17 am

Another court tip: If you are unlucky enough to ever be a defendant, you do not have to help the other side prove its case. So when the witness says, "He threw my cordless drill right through the screen of my TV," you do not need to inform the court and every spectator in the courtroom that you "only put the drill on the TV and it fell through the screen." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 19th, 2017, 5:36 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Another court tip: If you are unlucky enough to ever be a defendant, you do not have to help the other side prove its case. So when the witness says, "He threw my cordless drill right through the screen of my TV," you do not need to inform the court and every spectator in the courtroom that you "only put the drill on the TV and it fell through the screen." :9f:
OMG. :))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 20th, 2017, 12:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Another court tip: If you are unlucky enough to ever be a defendant, you do not have to help the other side prove its case. So when the witness says, "He threw my cordless drill right through the screen of my TV," you do not need to inform the court and every spectator in the courtroom that you "only put the drill on the TV and it fell through the screen." :9f:

This will hereinafter be referred to as the Henry County Corollary to the Miranda Rule. :tools-hammerdrill:

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 20th, 2017, 12:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:

This will hereinafter be referred to as the Henry County Corollary to the Miranda Rule. :tools-hammerdrill:

Ooh good!

To paraphrase Ron White, everyone has the right to remain silent but not everyone has the ability. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 22nd, 2017, 6:26 pm

More from the world of comedy:

The Achmed the Dead Terrorist T-shirt was an interesting look for pretrial. It was complete with the tag line "SILENCE. I KEEL YOU!"

(If you have no idea who I am talking about, Google Jeff Dunham. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 23rd, 2017, 12:31 am

Gosh, how I wish you could get us pictures of all these dudes. #-o
Love, Ima
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 23rd, 2017, 9:36 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Gosh, how I wish you could get us pictures of all these dudes. #-o
Love, Ima
I know! Can't you get your bailiff to snap some pics while you are arraigning these entertaining people?

~ James Naismith