Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: an interesting dilemma...

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 8th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Lavabe wrote:In regards to windsor's advice:
:text-bravo:
What a wonderful way to start a weekend! And knowing that you've absolutely ruined the Minions! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Glad the advice worked...now for STEP TWO

Monday morning send a sweet e-mail (copy her boss) reminding her she asked for help on whateverthatwas and that you need whateveryouneed in order to do that...does she have that information yet? Oh, and youI'd be happy to help you but you have XYZ to do so if you get that to you by (fill in a time/day) that would be great! BLIND COPY YOURSELF on all things to her.

then throw up in your trash can. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 9th, 2011, 8:26 pm

windsor wrote:=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Monday morning send a sweet e-mail (copy her boss) reminding her she asked for help on whateverthatwas and that you need whateveryouneed in order to do that...does she have that information yet? Oh, and youI'd be happy to help you but you have XYZ to do so if you get that to you by (fill in a time/day) that would be great! BLIND COPY YOURSELF on all things to her.

Thanks, windsor! Great minds think alike - I had already planned on sending a message like the one you described, copying my boss as well. :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

With regard to the blind copy to myself, should that be to an address other than my work address?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 10th, 2011, 9:17 am

In here someplace there's a "How to Employ Passive Resistance in the Workplace" book for you two to write, bless your hearts! :ymsmug:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 10th, 2011, 9:31 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:In here someplace there's a "How to Employ Passive Resistance in the Workplace" book for you two to write, bless your hearts! :ymsmug:
Love, Ima
Would the title be Managing by Passive Aggression and Other Useful Techniques for the Workplace?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 10th, 2011, 9:44 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:In here someplace there's a "How to Employ Passive Resistance in the Workplace" book for you two to write, bless your hearts! :ymsmug:
Love, Ima
Would the title be Managing by Passive Aggression and Other Useful Techniques for the Workplace?
Great idea - thanks! Windsor is the master, of course, so her input will be crucial to the success of the book.

And, I must say, I'm more than willing to test this approach out on The Minion. She's not going to push me around any more. She has more than demonstrated that she thinks she knows more than I do, so she really shouldn't need my "help." She and her boss aren't willing to acknowledge this, but they'll figure it out at some point - especially with the project she's asking for my "help" on now. They're working on another manuscript right now, based upon a slightly different chemical labeling experiment that they wouldn't have been able to write if I hadn't figured out why they weren't seeing the label. I have a pretty good idea what the problem is with their current labeling experiment, but they don't want my advice. At some point, I may write another of my helpful e-mails, copying all parties, and mention this information that The Minion should remember herself. Even better, I may tell my boss and let him pass it along to them. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 10th, 2011, 10:19 am

It's so nice to know where you are now. What you have and are experiencing is invaluable. I bet you will never be taken advantage of again. :ymapplause:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 11th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Upon arriving at work, the first thing I did (AFTER pouring a cup of coffee) was write an e-mail message to The Minion, copying my boss and hers. I wrote it as a follow-up to her discussion and reiterated the information I need and why I need it. The message was sent around 8:30. She came into the lab at 3:30 and didn't say a word to me. When she needed help with stuff, she asked my co-workers. She left without saying a word to me. I have yet to receive the information that I asked for. I read that as, she still doesn't know! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Tomorrow is the normal meeting time for her, Pushy PI, and my boss. I wonder if this particular topic will be discussed? :whistle:
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 11th, 2011, 7:53 pm

You've gotten good at this AD! I'm so proud of you! :D :9f:

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 11th, 2011, 8:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Upon arriving at work, the first thing I did (AFTER pouring a cup of coffee) was write an e-mail message to The Minion, copying my boss and hers. I wrote it as a follow-up to her discussion and reiterated the information I need and why I need it. The message was sent around 8:30. She came into the lab at 3:30 and didn't say a word to me. When she needed help with stuff, she asked my co-workers. She left without saying a word to me. I have yet to receive the information that I asked for. I read that as, she still doesn't know! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Tomorrow is the normal meeting time for her, Pushy PI, and my boss. I wonder if this particular topic will be discussed? :whistle:
We will need to include this in one of the chapters in our upcoming book...next step...let your co workers in on the secret. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 11th, 2011, 9:25 pm

windsor wrote:We will need to include this in one of the chapters in our upcoming book...next step...let your co workers in on the secret. :D
But only the *cool* coworkers... ;)

:happy-bouncyblue:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 11th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Well, at the very least you're looking forward to something every day instead of just dreading to go to work! We're all looking forward to the next episode! This will make good reading! :reading:

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Tuesday and still no response. :whistle: :whistle:

One of my coworkers has taken over much of the analysis for this project that I used to do. This particular colleague is not quite as knowledgable as I am, nor is he as prone to ask questions, which explains a lot about why he's doing the work. As it turns out, The Minion is using the previously mentioned labeling experiment as one of her replicates for the infamous manuscript. For those of you keeping score, no, that's not a real replicate. ("Replicate' would imply that she's repeating the exact same experiment as before, which she did not do.) I have so many counts of data falsification on them that it's not even funny. I'm keeping my head down and gathering information for when I turn their lying, data falsifying butts in to the Academic Integrity Office. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 12th, 2011, 8:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Tuesday and still no response. :whistle: :whistle:

One of my coworkers has taken over much of the analysis for this project that I used to do. This particular colleague is not quite as knowledgable as I am, nor is he as prone to ask questions, which explains a lot about why he's doing the work. As it turns out, The Minion is using the previously mentioned labeling experiment as one of her replicates for the infamous manuscript. For those of you keeping score, no, that's not a real replicate. ("Replicate' would imply that she's repeating the exact same experiment as before, which she did not do.) I have so many counts of data falsification on them that it's not even funny. I'm keeping my head down and gathering information for when I turn their lying, data falsifying butts in to the Academic Integrity Office. :ymdevil:

It sounds like you have executed a 'minionectomy'. Congratulations. Anyone else you need out of your face until you can get out of there? :D :D
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 12th, 2011, 8:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Tuesday and still no response. :whistle: :whistle:

:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
You go girl! B-)

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 15th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Thanks, all!

End of the week, and still no answer from The Minion. The vigil continues. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 20th, 2011, 7:18 pm

After chatting with my boss on Monday, I sent The Minion another request for info, copying my boss and Pushy PI. (The gist of the conversation was, "The Minion asked me to do this search, but I can't do it because her label isn't in our database. I've asked her for it twice and haven't gotten an answer yet. What should I do?") Chatted with her and Pushy PI on Tuesday; reiterated that I can't do her search until she sends me the necessary information. I got it today. Then came the fun string of e-mails where I played dumb and needed additional information from her. There was a long string of them, lasting for most of the day. After I sent her results to her, she e-mailed me back with, "I didn't see (modification X) in my search results. Why isn't it there?" My answer was, "I'm sorry; you didn't specify that you wanted me to look for that modification. I'd be more than happy to repeat the search with the requested modification. Are there any other modifications you would like for me to include as well?" Truth is, I looked at her list and knew it was missing before I did the database search. :ymdevil:

The person who replaced me doing the analysis for the infamous manuscript is doing exactly the same thing. He knows of the issues I have with Pushy PI and The Minion - in fact, he was removed from their project before I even joined the lab for daring to question their experimental design. So, basically, we're all making The Minion call the shots. If something isn't done correctly, it's on her. :ymdevil: (It's amusing to hear him utter on a semi-regular basis throughout the day, "OMG, she's such an idiot!")
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 20th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Oh, and an additional note: I spent about 30 min this afternoon going through my e-mail and printing out messages relating to the infamous manuscript. The messages I printed are ones that would likely be relevant in any data falsification claims that I may need to file with the Academic Integrity office. I also grouped all of these messages together in a special folder in my e-mail account, making it easier to forward the messages to myself. I also made myself an electronic copy of a file that they're using for the revised manuscript so that I'll be able to check any claims made in the new manuscript that may need verification. The time I spent doing this will be counted in the expert hours that I file for working on their project. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 20th, 2011, 7:52 pm

It is fun isn't AD? I find it particularly enjoyable to yank someone's change when they are too arrogant and/or too stupid to know it is being yanked. My boss is a moron, and totally 'non-techie' when he goes all stupid on me I geek speak him...and watch him nod like a bobble head when I (and usually half the other people around) know I might as well be speaking Klingon because he doesn't have a clue what I'm saying.

:D :D :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 20th, 2011, 7:58 pm

windsor wrote:It is fun isn't AD? I find it particularly enjoyable to yank someone's change when they are too arrogant and/or too stupid to know it is being yanked. My boss is a moron, and totally 'non-techie' when he goes all stupid on me I geek speak him...and watch him nod like a bobble head when I (and usually half the other people around) know I might as well be speaking Klingon because he doesn't have a clue what I'm saying.

:D :D :D
In a former job I took great delight in talking over people's heads when they were patronizing and/or condescending. There were a few MDs (from countries where women are viewed as second class citizens) who were especially bad about talking down to me. I responded by upping the technical level of the conversation so they clearly didn't know what I was talking about. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein