What's for dinner?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2010, 11:12 pm

I'm actually in the mood for a slice of pepperoni and mushroom at the moment.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2010, 11:15 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm actually in the mood for a slice of pepperoni and mushroom at the moment.
Dang that sounds good. I haven't had pepperoni and mushroom pizza in years. I usually go for Canadian bacon and mushroom.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 6:47 am

Miles wrote:
Ooh. Gigantic bummer. Sorry, Capt!

French toast here for supper. It seemed like the thing to do at the time.
Fuck. Just double fuck. So sorry dude. Talk about tease.

Look at this way. You are saving up some major culinary karma. Hope you get to cash it on soon![/quote]
ArkieDukie wrote: Shin kicks to Cracker Barrel for unnecessarily tormenting the cap'n.
3 quote limit leads to PWing
see below... :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 6:52 am

CathyCA wrote:
CRAP.

On behalf of my now grown up Sam, I extend heartfelt condolences. There's nothing like having your heart set on a Cracker Barrel dinner only to have those plans foiled.
It's okay. Thanks for the well wishes.
I've now discovered the 25 foot long, 5 foot deep swimming(?) pool here at motel world.

I didn't bring bathing attire. :ymblushing: :-o #-o :D :twitch:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2010, 7:19 am

captmojo wrote: I've now discovered the 25 foot long, 5 foot deep swimming(?) pool here at motel world.

And you let that stop you? :((
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2010, 7:40 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
captmojo wrote: I've now discovered the 25 foot long, 5 foot deep swimming(?) pool here at motel world.

He wasn't sure you had bail money.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 16th, 2010, 8:22 am

DukeUsul wrote:
Miles wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:Pan-fried Asian-marinated wahoo and salmon, steamed broccoli. mac-n-cheese.
You gotta post the recipe for the fish. Wahoo and Salmon served up together? I'll buy it. Was the mac-n-cheese from scratch of a box? Either way, I think it's a ballsy move to pair Asian-marinated fish with mac-n-cheese. I'd buy that too.
I'll put the recipe in the recipe thread.

The dinner was made out of just whatever Lisa bought at the grocery store. She picked up the fish today, so that was already decided. She also picked up a box of Kraft Homestyle mac-n-cheese for free with her coupon skills. I saw it on the counter and said - I need that. Will it work with Asian fish? Hell yeah it will. And broccoli - well we eat broccoli all the time. It's Katie's favorite food. I can put a plate of macaroni and cheese and broccoli in front of her and she'll eat all the broccoli first. In fact, that's exactly what she did tonight.
I love broccoli too. It goes with just about everything. I'm also down with mac-n-cheese; I like the powdered variety more than the cheese sauce.
sMiles
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 16th, 2010, 9:07 am

Miles wrote: I love broccoli too. It goes with just about everything. I'm also down with mac-n-cheese; I like the powdered variety more than the cheese sauce.
Yeah if we're not making from scratch, we go old school neon yellow Kraft dinner. It's always good. This was a free package so we tried it. It's like the Kraft Deluxe with the squeeze pouch of soft cheese, but it also comes with a "seasoning packet" which tasted mostly of salt and garlic powder. And it comes with a packet of bread crumbs and you can finish it off in the oven for 5 minutes. It was ok. Katie didn't like the bread crumbs. She said she didn't want the "crummy" ones.
-- DukeUsul
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 9:22 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

He wasn't sure you had bail money.
Read the smilies from the original post! =))
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2010, 12:10 pm

I have NEVER been into Cracker Barrel. I just don't care for it. Miserable experience at a couple of 'em.:Boo:

There!! I said it. How soon before 20 responses appear? :flame:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Lavabe wrote:I have NEVER been into Cracker Barrel. I just don't care for it. Miserable experience at a couple of 'em.:Boo:

There!! I said it. How soon before 20 responses appear? :flame:
Respond to the mod who's probably already out of his Barcolounger? Are you kidding?

Seriously, Cracker Barrel is like most anywhere else. While our experiences have been good at every one we've ever been to, others haven't been so fortunate. My cousin found extra protein grazing in her salad at Cracker Barrel in Jax, for example, and they didn't even get the salad for free. At least they didn't have to pay extra for the grasshopper....

But it is truly unkind to subject the without-wheels Capt to the lights of Cracker Barrel within walking distance, without it being open for his attendance, causing him to have to cross 10 lanes of traffic for food.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2010, 2:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Seriously, Cracker Barrel is like most anywhere else. While our experiences have been good at every one we've ever been to, others haven't been so fortunate. My cousin found extra protein grazing in her salad at Cracker Barrel in Jax, for example, and they didn't even get the salad for free. At least they didn't have to pay extra for the grasshopper....
I'm with "others" on this.

I think there was one time when I went to a CB with ILJ, and she was about ready to order something, and I think I just couldn't find ANYTHING on the menu that I wanted to eat. I think we wound up going someplace else.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 16th, 2010, 3:42 pm

I'm thinking I'll have wings tonight. I want to go to my favourite restaurant The Olde Spaghetti Factory but I'll be eating with my son and he isn't into Italian food so it seems like a bit of a waste to go there. Damned kid.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 16th, 2010, 3:58 pm

colchar wrote:I'm thinking I'll have wings tonight. I want to go to my favourite restaurant The Olde Spaghetti Factory but I'll be eating with my son and he isn't into Italian food so it seems like a bit of a waste to go there. Damned kid.
The other night, for the Braves game, I made it a Hot Dog night. I made, and ate, four dogs:

1 with chili
1 with slaw
1 with chili and slaw
1 with relish

All with mustard, ketchup and hot sauce.

I washed these down with plenty of beverages.

I then, slept very, very well.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » August 16th, 2010, 4:00 pm

colchar wrote:I'm thinking I'll have wings tonight. I want to go to my favourite restaurant The Olde Spaghetti Factory but I'll be eating with my son and he isn't into Italian food so it seems like a bit of a waste to go there. Damned kid.
Snap. Italian sounds good! I may have to go to Ippolitos for some linguine and clams tonight (with side salad and big-ass butter rolls!)

My plan to double my weight before Christmas is going swimmingly!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Lavabe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Seriously, Cracker Barrel is like most anywhere else. While our experiences have been good at every one we've ever been to, others haven't been so fortunate. My cousin found extra protein grazing in her salad at Cracker Barrel in Jax, for example, and they didn't even get the salad for free. At least they didn't have to pay extra for the grasshopper....
I'm with "others" on this.

I think there was one time when I went to a CB with ILJ, and she was about ready to order something, and I think I just couldn't find ANYTHING on the menu that I wanted to eat. I think we wound up going someplace else.
I like breakfast at CB, although I think Denny's has better pancakes, and the value/price of the Grand Slams is much better. I also like the chicken fried chicken plate at CB - love that white gravy! And their pork chops are usually pretty good when they have them.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2010, 5:20 pm

CB's parking lot has been continously crammed full all day with cars of those applying for work. I don't know how many were potential pissed off customers who had to learn the hard way that they weren't open.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2010, 6:11 pm

Lavabe wrote:Grilled flank steak (marinated, not rubbed), grilled chilis, grilled corn on the cob, salad (w/red peppers and yellow grape tomatoes), followed by an O'Fallon Blackberry Scottish-style ale.
:D
I want to try this beer. I love blackberries! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2010, 6:20 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Grilled flank steak (marinated, not rubbed), grilled chilis, grilled corn on the cob, salad (w/red peppers and yellow grape tomatoes), followed by an O'Fallon Blackberry Scottish-style ale.
I want to try this beer. I love blackberries! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I'd send AD a PM and see if she can find one in St. Louis and then bring it to the Alabama game if she drives.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2010, 6:46 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
I'd send AD a PM and see if she can find one in St. Louis and then bring it to the Alabama game if she drives.
Maybe AD will read about it in the What's for Dinner thread and go a-lookin'. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein