LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2011, 3:42 am

colchar wrote:
I swear I'm gonna accomplish this within my next three posts.
Second last one.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » January 4th, 2011, 3:43 am

Woo hoo!!!!

That one did it!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 4th, 2011, 6:47 am

Yesterday's loss is the icing on the cake, ACC football is less than optimal.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 4th, 2011, 7:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Yesterday's loss is the icing on the cake, ACC football is less than optimal.
At least VT didn't beat the hell out of Duke this year.
Oh wait. :twitch:
Well anyways...at least Duke won't have to play the likes of Stanford.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 4th, 2011, 9:00 am

colchar wrote:Woo hoo!!!!

That one did it!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :ymapplause: Yaa colchar. :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 4th, 2011, 9:08 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Yesterday's loss is the icing on the cake, ACC football is less than optimal.
Well, at least 1 of the games is a home game for us.
And at least Weak Forest held their own against Stanford last year.
Oh, wait another minute, they lost 68-24, IIRC. :ymblushing: Never mind.
I'm gonna bet that there won't be 20K+ Stanford fans (dressed as trees) at WW for the game.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 4th, 2011, 9:19 am

devildeac wrote:
I'm gonna bet that there won't be 20K+ Stanford fans (dressed as trees) at WW for the game.
Don't forget that Stanford may be missing a coach and/or a QB. :whistle:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 4th, 2011, 9:27 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: At least VT didn't beat the hell out of Duke this year.
Don't forget that Stanford may be missing a coach and/or a QB. :whistle:
Probably both.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 4th, 2011, 10:00 am

lawgrad91 wrote: Probably both.
Yea, Luck and Harbaugh are gone.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 4th, 2011, 6:01 pm

I need one ticket into Sunday night's game against Maryland at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

I'd like to take both of my babies to the game if possible!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 4th, 2011, 10:04 pm

I caught the last half of our Duke Ladies game. Ugly, ugly ugly. Thank goodness they finally pulled it out. :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 4th, 2011, 10:07 pm

Max's school had a bb game this afternoon. Tough game. His team won in a double overtime. Max played most of the game. He didn't score points but had great D and made some really good passes. :happy-bouncyblue: Oh, by the way, their school colors are very nice....Duke Blue and White. :duke:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 4th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Go Max!!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 4th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Max's school had a bb game this afternoon. Tough game. His team won in a double overtime. Max played most of the game. He didn't score points but had great D and made some really good passes. :happy-bouncyblue: Oh, by the way, their school colors are very nice....Duke Blue and White. :duke:
Yay Max! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » January 5th, 2011, 12:19 am

Man, the last quarter of this OSU/ARK bowl game has been quite entertaining. Sorry, AD -- was cheering for the Razorbacks and thought they had it after the blocked punt....
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 5th, 2011, 12:35 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Man, the last quarter of this OSU/ARK bowl game has been quite entertaining. Sorry, AD -- was cheering for the Razorbacks and thought they had it after the blocked punt....
Yeah, you and me both.

Ohio State may have gotten the victory, but there's a big asterisk beside it. The excuses for letting their 5 guys play while suspending them for 5 games NEXT season were some of the weakest I have ever heard. They didn't know that they weren't supposed to sell their memorabilia? Puh-lease. Not fair to the seniors to play without key players in their last bowl game? Puh-lease. The NCAA set a bad precedent with this one - as bad as, if not worse than, the Cam Newton ruling. Oh, and the coach let them play because they all committed to coming back next year? Do we REALLY think Pryor is coming back next year? I'll believe it when I see it. I bet that, under the same circumstances, Joe Paterno would've left the players behind. Times, they are a-changing. I'm afraid we have not seen the last of the "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong" excuse, and the NCAA just issued an engraved invitation to use that excuse at will.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 5th, 2011, 8:07 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Man, the last quarter of this OSU/ARK bowl game has been quite entertaining. Sorry, AD -- was cheering for the Razorbacks and thought they had it after the blocked punt....
Yeah, you and me both.

Ohio State may have gotten the victory, but there's a big asterisk beside it. The excuses for letting their 5 guys play while suspending them for 5 games NEXT season were some of the weakest I have ever heard. They didn't know that they weren't supposed to sell their memorabilia? Puh-lease. Not fair to the seniors to play without key players in their last bowl game? Puh-lease. The NCAA set a bad precedent with this one - as bad as, if not worse than, the Cam Newton ruling. Oh, and the coach let them play because they all committed to coming back next year? Do we REALLY think Pryor is coming back next year? I'll believe it when I see it. I bet that, under the same circumstances, Joe Paterno would've left the players behind. Times, they are a-changing. I'm afraid we have not seen the last of the "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong" excuse, and the NCAA just issued an engraved invitation to use that excuse at will.
Just remember that Arkansas' coach isn't that clean as well. Arkansas still has a @#$$#%*&! for a coach (sorry, AD, but the Atlanta faction still remember him for his incomplete stay with Atlanta, and how he left). How many minutes after a mid-season Monday Night Football game was he flying off clandestine and then yelling Soooo-ey PIG?

But I do agree that the NCAA has set a BAD precedent.

Now it's time for me to pull against the Iggles (the OTHER dude who nearly #$%^@#@!'d up the Atlanta NFL franchise). :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 5th, 2011, 8:16 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I've just finished filling out an application on Ugallery, it's an online gallery. At the beginning they say they will let me know in two biz days, but at the end they say they review the apps on Wednesday and inform the artists shortly after. So either I will know if I'm accepted on Friday, or I'll know sometime next week. (Since today is Wednesday). Anyways...I've got an insane amount of paintings that I'm sitting on, and they aren't doing me very much good sitting here in my hallway. I'm a hoarder of my own art..lol.
I got a phone call from the gallery director last night to let me know that I've been accepted. I started uploading images last night. Wooohooo!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 5th, 2011, 8:22 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I've just finished filling out an application on Ugallery, it's an online gallery. At the beginning they say they will let me know in two biz days, but at the end they say they review the apps on Wednesday and inform the artists shortly after. So either I will know if I'm accepted on Friday, or I'll know sometime next week. (Since today is Wednesday). Anyways...I've got an insane amount of paintings that I'm sitting on, and they aren't doing me very much good sitting here in my hallway. I'm a hoarder of my own art..lol.
I got a phone call from the gallery director last night to let me know that I've been accepted. I started uploading images last night. Wooohooo!
Congrats and WooHoo! B-) :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 5th, 2011, 8:53 am

That is GREAT news! Congrats!
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.