Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » January 2nd, 2011, 11:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The Christmas tree has been undecorated. The ornaments are back in their bin, and the tree is outside. The Christmas bins will get put in the outside building once the ground outside isn't so muddy. The outside decorations (the wreath and the garlands and bows on the porch railings) will also be removed once the weather is better.

Sucks taking Christmas down, but we drank a toast to the tree and to a happy year when we got done, and it made things better.

Bring on basketball! Let's go Duke!
If you miss your tree, you are welcome to come over here and look at mine. I'm leaving it up for Sam's visit. We're going to celebrate Christmas into mid-January. (emphasis on the celebration part!) I have missed my babies. I haven't seen Sam since June.
That is cool! I know you'll be thrilled to see Sam. How is college going for him?
I'm not bragging or anything, but Sam pulled off a 3.5 his first semester.

(That's better than what his parents did. . . COMBINED!)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 2nd, 2011, 11:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The Christmas tree has been undecorated. The ornaments are back in their bin, and the tree is outside. The Christmas bins will get put in the outside building once the ground outside isn't so muddy. The outside decorations (the wreath and the garlands and bows on the porch railings) will also be removed once the weather is better.

Sucks taking Christmas down, but we drank a toast to the tree and to a happy year when we got done, and it made things better.

If you miss your tree, you are welcome to come over here and look at mine. I'm leaving it up for Sam's visit. We're going to celebrate Christmas into mid-January. (emphasis on the celebration part!) I have missed my babies. I haven't seen Sam since June.
Yay for the mid-January Christmas celebration! I'm happy that you'll have both of your boys there. Have a wonderful visit!
I can't wait to see him! I wish he could have flown in with Christian today.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 2nd, 2011, 11:36 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

That's way to long. I'm glad he can come, even if later than Christmas.
I'm glad he can come here, too. I can't wait to see him!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 2nd, 2011, 11:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'm hoping we take our tree down sometime this month. Heck, it's been up for 13 months now. It's time.
You could change out the decorations for each season--Valentine hearts in February, shamrocks in March, little umbrellas for April showers, little flowers in May, beach decor in June, flags and fireworks in July. . .

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 2nd, 2011, 11:53 pm

CathyCA wrote: I'm not bragging or anything, but Sam pulled off a 3.5 his first semester.

Congrats to Sam, and =)) for you guys combined! Not that I was anywhere close to a 3.5 in ANY semester at Duke, because I wasn't. Well, maybe one, but not that close.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 3rd, 2011, 5:57 am

There are some people living nearby, that have two large concrete roosters that border each side of their driveway entrance. They decorate each one every holiday occasion. Little Uncle Sam outfits, Santa clotes, traditional Irish, so on and so forth, adorn these poor creatures.

I've never noticed it, but I wonder if they ever consider a celebration of Colonel Sanders' birthday? :)) :twitch: :ymparty: :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » January 3rd, 2011, 7:22 am

Well, these holidays sucked. Glad they're over. First, it was the first without my mom, which isn't fun, and to top it off, my only aunt, her only sister, passed away yesterday. Talk about a kick in the gut. 2010 sucked, and 2011 ain't no peach so far either.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 3rd, 2011, 7:29 am

bjornolf wrote:Well, these holidays sucked. Glad they're over. First, it was the first without my mom, which isn't fun, and to top it off, my only aunt, her only sister, passed away yesterday. Talk about a kick in the gut. 2010 sucked, and 2011 ain't no peach so far either.

@};-
Bjornolf, I am so sorry. Hugs to you. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 3rd, 2011, 7:40 am

bjornolf wrote:Well, these holidays sucked. Glad they're over. First, it was the first without my mom, which isn't fun, and to top it off, my only aunt, her only sister, passed away yesterday. Talk about a kick in the gut. 2010 sucked, and 2011 ain't no peach so far either.

@};-
I'm so sorry for your loss, bjornolf. :ymhug: , :YMPRAY: , and :wizard: to you and your family.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 3rd, 2011, 7:49 am

P1020066.JPG
I love Cameron Indoor! Game was fun last night. :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 3rd, 2011, 9:11 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote: I'm not bragging or anything, but Sam pulled off a 3.5 his first semester.

Congrats to Sam, and =)) for you guys combined! Not that I was anywhere close to a 3.5 in ANY semester at Duke, because I wasn't. Well, maybe one, but not that close.
Would that be the 1.5 or the 2.5 semester? :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 3rd, 2011, 9:44 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Would that be the 1.5 or the 2.5 semester? :D
Better than 2.5. And the one semester I was talking about was better than 3.0. I think it was second semester freshman year, but I wouldn't swear to it. ;)

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 3rd, 2011, 9:45 am

Way to go Sam!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD ^:)^ :clap:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » January 3rd, 2011, 9:52 am

morebatcat.jpg
sMiles
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 3rd, 2011, 9:58 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Well, it's not Duke, but it is college, and the fact that Sam managed to do so well in his first semester warms my heart.

And I'm only kidding about Sam's doing better than ExLax and me combined. ExLax may have done better than a .75 his first semester, but not much! He and I both struggled mightily in our first two years of college. I'm so glad that our child seems to have figured out how to make it work for him.

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 3rd, 2011, 10:06 am

captmojo wrote:There are some people living nearby, that have two large concrete roosters that border each side of their driveway entrance. They decorate each one every holiday occasion. Little Uncle Sam outfits, Santa clotes, traditional Irish, so on and so forth, adorn these poor creatures.

I've never noticed it, but I wonder if they ever consider a celebration of Colonel Sanders' birthday? :)) :twitch: :ymparty: :twitch:
=)) =))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 3rd, 2011, 10:07 am

@};-
I'm sorry for your loss. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 3rd, 2011, 10:09 am

Off to Kenansville today. Max has basket ball games Tues. and Wed. afternoon. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 3rd, 2011, 10:10 am

@};-
Bjornolf, so sorry about your aunt. :wizard: :wizard: and :pray: :pray: for you guys.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 3rd, 2011, 10:20 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Well, it's not Duke, but it is college, and the fact that Sam managed to do so well in his first semester warms my heart.

And I'm only kidding about Sam's doing better than ExLax and me combined. ExLax may have done better than a .75 his first semester, but not much! He and I both struggled mightily in our first two years of college. I'm so glad that our child seems to have figured out how to make it work for him.
I knew it had to be the ExLax end that was dragging y'all down... :D