LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 1st, 2011, 4:15 pm

I started off my New Year morning just fine. About 10:00, things didn't feel right. At 11:00, I knew I had a uti so off to urgent care I went. I was right. I'm glad I didn't try to wait until Monday. As you can imagine, it took for ever to be seen. Lots of people there with the crud. I got there at noon, after stopping at WalMart for my meds, I got back home at 3:30. I'm having friends over for dinner at 5:00. Gesss. I could have done with out this.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 1st, 2011, 4:22 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I started off my New Year morning just fine. About 10:00, things didn't feel right. At 11:00, I knew I had a uti so off to urgent care I went. I was right. I'm glad I didn't try to wait until Monday. As you can imagine, it took for ever to be seen. Lots of people there with the crud. I got there at noon, after stopping at WalMart for my meds, I got back home at 3:30. I'm having friends over for dinner at 5:00. Gesss. I could have done with out this.
Vibes for feeling better soon! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 1st, 2011, 4:35 pm

BE HEALED! :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :happy-bouncyblue:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 1st, 2011, 5:26 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I started off my New Year morning just fine. About 10:00, things didn't feel right. At 11:00, I knew I had a uti so off to urgent care I went. I was right. I'm glad I didn't try to wait until Monday. As you can imagine, it took for ever to be seen. Lots of people there with the crud. I got there at noon, after stopping at WalMart for my meds, I got back home at 3:30. I'm having friends over for dinner at 5:00. Gesss. I could have done with out this.
:wizard: :wizard: to feel better soon.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 1st, 2011, 5:53 pm

Gentle hugs! Glad you got the meds.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 1st, 2011, 8:06 pm

Thanks every body. I don't feel that bad except my back hurts. Also, I have to get up at 3:30 am for my meds. I know I'll get over this soon. :ymhug: to all of you.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 1st, 2011, 8:12 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Thanks every body. I don't feel that bad except my back hurts. Also, I have to get up at 3:30 am for my meds. I know I'll get over this soon. :ymhug: to all of you.
Did you dinner go ok?
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » January 1st, 2011, 8:41 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Thanks every body. I don't feel that bad except my back hurts. Also, I have to get up at 3:30 am for my meds. I know I'll get over this soon. :ymhug: to all of you.
Feel better, Mom. I'm glad you were able to take care of this so quickly.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 2nd, 2011, 8:33 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Did you dinner go ok?
It did. I cooked a pork loin, rubbed with an assortment of spices, mashed potatoes with the skin on, black eye peas, collards, corn bread and gravy. My neighbor brought a pie for desert. Nothing fancy but it was good.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 2nd, 2011, 8:50 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Did you dinner go ok?
It did. I cooked a pork loin, rubbed with an assortment of spices, mashed potatoes with the skin on, black eye peas, collards, corn bread and gravy. My neighbor brought a pie for desert. Nothing fancy but it was good.
Sounds like a fine dinner. :)

How are you feeling today?
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 2nd, 2011, 2:35 pm

I found out at church today that a local celebrity attended our Christmas Eve service: Sam Bradford! I missed out because I was in AR. Maybe he'll show up again sometime once the season is over. My guess is that Sunday services would normally be a bit tricky for him since he's usually otherwise occupied.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 2nd, 2011, 2:55 pm

The Christmas tree has been undecorated. The ornaments are back in their bin, and the tree is outside. The Christmas bins will get put in the outside building once the ground outside isn't so muddy. The outside decorations (the wreath and the garlands and bows on the porch railings) will also be removed once the weather is better.

Sucks taking Christmas down, but we drank a toast to the tree and to a happy year when we got done, and it made things better.

Bring on basketball! Let's go Duke!
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 2nd, 2011, 3:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The Christmas tree has been undecorated. The ornaments are back in their bin, and the tree is outside. The Christmas bins will get put in the outside building once the ground outside isn't so muddy. The outside decorations (the wreath and the garlands and bows on the porch railings) will also be removed once the weather is better.

Sucks taking Christmas down, but we drank a toast to the tree and to a happy year when we got done, and it made things better.

If you miss your tree, you are welcome to come over here and look at mine. I'm leaving it up for Sam's visit. We're going to celebrate Christmas into mid-January. (emphasis on the celebration part!) I have missed my babies. I haven't seen Sam since June.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 2nd, 2011, 3:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The Christmas tree has been undecorated. The ornaments are back in their bin, and the tree is outside. The Christmas bins will get put in the outside building once the ground outside isn't so muddy. The outside decorations (the wreath and the garlands and bows on the porch railings) will also be removed once the weather is better.

If you miss your tree, you are welcome to come over here and look at mine. I'm leaving it up for Sam's visit. We're going to celebrate Christmas into mid-January. (emphasis on the celebration part!) I have missed my babies. I haven't seen Sam since June.
That is cool! I know you'll be thrilled to see Sam. How is college going for him?
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 2nd, 2011, 3:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Yay for the mid-January Christmas celebration! I'm happy that you'll have both of your boys there. Have a wonderful visit!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » January 2nd, 2011, 6:27 pm

Wilson's BBQ Pork is underway! :happy-bouncyblue:

(Well, it'll be ours, but it's Wilson's recipe.)
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 2nd, 2011, 8:49 pm

We have one tree that stays up all year 'round.
I think the blue lights across the front porch will remain all BB season. They go good with the flag. :happy-bouncyblue:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 2nd, 2011, 9:44 pm

Did you dinner go ok?[/quote]

It did. I cooked a pork loin, rubbed with an assortment of spices, mashed potatoes with the skin on, black eye peas, collards, corn bread and gravy. My neighbor brought a pie for desert. Nothing fancy but it was good.[/quote]

Sounds like a fine dinner. :)

How are you feeling today?[/quote]

Much better. The meds are working well. Feel really good now after the win against Miami. :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 2nd, 2011, 9:47 pm

CathyCA wrote:

That's way to long. I'm glad he can come, even if later than Christmas.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 2nd, 2011, 11:22 pm

I'm hoping we take our tree down sometime this month. Heck, it's been up for 13 months now. It's time.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com