Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » December 29th, 2010, 3:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
If not Paris, France, then Paris Las Vegas! Or maybe my friend's house on Paris Avenue in west Greenville.
Or, visit Paris Hilton. :)) =))
I think Paris Hilton NEEDS a good lawyer. ;)
She needs a pointy toed shin kick or two. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 29th, 2010, 5:36 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Am I the last person on the planet to see the "Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife" youtube video?

I lead such a sheltered life.
No. Am I the only one who hates receiving emails with a "you must watch this" subject, and a Youtube link with no other explanation? I refuse to watch them. I think I probably miss out on quite a few internet memes because of it.
Life is none the worse for missing out on a few internet memes.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Awkward Abbreviation

Post by Miles » December 30th, 2010, 7:48 am

Saw this at the cash register in Target last night.
photo.jpg
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Awkward Abbreviation

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 30th, 2010, 8:46 am

Miles wrote:Saw this at the cash register in Target last night.
photo.jpg
Nothing satisfies the munchies like a :poo: :occasion-cake: !
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 30th, 2010, 6:42 pm

And extra desser, too! My favorite. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Awkward Abbreviation

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Miles wrote:Saw this at the cash register in Target last night.
photo.jpg
I bet nobody shoplifts that stuff!
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 30th, 2010, 10:45 pm

The tarholes win the music city bowl, after they "lost" it when the game was declared over by the refs.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 30th, 2010, 10:50 pm

I'm watching "The Game" again. It's on ESPN Classic right now.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 30th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Our drier died tonight. I was doing a big load of bath towels when it made made a clunk noise and shut off. The drum no longer rotates although the motor runs when the start button is pushed. Don't know how the motor connects to the drum - belt? Gear? Something else? It's 15+ years old and I hesitate to even call a service man to come look at it. If it's an inexpensive fix, then yeah, I'd spend <$100 to fix it, but I don't want to waste close to $100 to find out it'll be another $200 to fix it. I may pull off the back of the drier tomorrow morning and take a look myself, bit I've tentatively bought a replacement at Lowe's already for delivery on Sunday morning.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 30th, 2010, 11:10 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:The tarholes win the music city bowl, after they "lost" it when the game was declared over by the refs.
Ha! Wondering if any one else thought that the spike occurred as time expired and the game shoulda been 0:00.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 30th, 2010, 11:12 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Our drier died tonight. I was doing a big load of bath towels when it made made a clunk noise and shut off. The drum no longer rotates although the motor runs when the start button is pushed. Don't know how the motor connects to the drum - belt? Gear? Something else? It's 15+ years old and I hesitate to even call a service man to come look at it. If it's an inexpensive fix, then yeah, I'd spend <$100 to fix it, but I don't want to waste close to $100 to find out it'll be another $200 to fix it. I may pull off the back of the drier tomorrow morning and take a look myself, bit I've tentatively bought a replacement at Lowe's already for delivery on Sunday morning.
Can you take it back to Sam's and have them replace it under the same "lifetime" warranty you had on your TV? 8-| :)) =))
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 30th, 2010, 11:17 pm

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Our drier died tonight. I was doing a big load of bath towels when it made made a clunk noise and shut off. The drum no longer rotates although the motor runs when the start button is pushed. Don't know how the motor connects to the drum - belt? Gear? Something else? It's 15+ years old and I hesitate to even call a service man to come look at it. If it's an inexpensive fix, then yeah, I'd spend <$100 to fix it, but I don't want to waste close to $100 to find out it'll be another $200 to fix it. I may pull off the back of the drier tomorrow morning and take a look myself, bit I've tentatively bought a replacement at Lowe's already for delivery on Sunday morning.
Can you take it back to Sam's and have them replace it under the same "lifetime" warranty you had on your TV? 8-| :)) =))
Unfortunately, it didn't come from Sam's Club. Either Sears or Lowe's, I can't remember.

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2010, 11:19 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:The tarholes win the music city bowl, after they "lost" it when the game was declared over by the refs.
Ha! Wondering if any one else thought that the spike occurred as time expired and the game shoulda been 0:00.
Well, yeah. Butch Davis has a horseshoe up his ass, or he has naked pix of the NCAA compliance people and lots of referees (line judges, etc.) fornicating with barnyard animals.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 30th, 2010, 11:21 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Unfortunately, it didn't come from Sam's Club. Either Sears or Lowe's, I can't remember.
Bummer. Are you sure it didn't come from Sam's?

For the record, I'm impressed as hell that you do laundry. I bought B a large briefcase for Christmas and "hid" it, unwrapped, in the laundry room, figuring he would never go in there. I was right. He went looking all over the house for it, but never darkened the door of the laundry room.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 30th, 2010, 11:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Our drier died tonight. I was doing a big load of bath towels when it made made a clunk noise and shut off. The drum no longer rotates although the motor runs when the start button is pushed. Don't know how the motor connects to the drum - belt? Gear? Something else? It's 15+ years old and I hesitate to even call a service man to come look at it. If it's an inexpensive fix, then yeah, I'd spend <$100 to fix it, but I don't want to waste close to $100 to find out it'll be another $200 to fix it. I may pull off the back of the drier tomorrow morning and take a look myself, bit I've tentatively bought a replacement at Lowe's already for delivery on Sunday morning.[/quote

Bummer. Are you sure it didn't come from Sam's?

For the record, I'm impressed as hell that you do laundry. I bought B a large briefcase for Christmas and "hid" it, unwrapped, in the laundry room, figuring he would never go in there. I was right. He went looking all over the house for it, but never darkened the door of the laundry room.
I guess I both rock and roll :D

I'm sure it didn't come from Sam's. :(

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 30th, 2010, 11:32 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Well, yeah. Butch Davis has a horseshoe up his ass, or he has naked pix of the NCAA compliance people and lots of referees (line judges, etc.) fornicating with barnyard animals.
:text-tmi:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 30th, 2010, 11:34 pm

My sympathies. The newer driers are more energy efficient, so they're well worth the money you'll spend on a new one.

Cathy's helpful household hints: Never wash and dry more than four (4) bath towels in a load at a time. Don't use fabric softener on towels or they will lose their absorbency. Dry them completely in order to avoid the stink of mold and mildew.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 31st, 2010, 12:56 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » December 31st, 2010, 3:15 am

Go Dawgs! :o3

Despite being a born&bred Nebraska fan, I had to cheer for Washington tonight, as I'm a huge fan of their QB, Jake Locker.

I think I can hear the echos of my dad, 2 time zones away, yelling at the Huskers for their ineptitude tonight.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 31st, 2010, 9:17 am

Just remembered that there is song from the 80's called Kyrie by a band called Mr. Mister. Now they used the full phrase "Kyrie Eleison" which I understand is Greek for Lord Have Mercy. The band was from Phoenix which is where I lived at the time. Not that I had anything to do with the band or the song.