LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » December 28th, 2010, 8:02 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm cooking 2 chickens, making chicken and rice soup, which I'll be sharing with my kiddies. :ymhug:
As opposed to your "kitties"?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2010, 5:08 pm

Oh happy day! My HVAC guy came over and fixed my furnace. It was a defective switch, which he replaced. He checked out the system, and he expects it to last another 10 years or more.

Total cost? $85.00

My brother was dumbfounded. I think he'd like to move from Charlotte to G-Vegas to get contractor rates like that one.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 28th, 2010, 5:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:Oh happy day! My HVAC guy came over and fixed my furnace. It was a defective switch, which he replaced. He checked out the system, and he expects it to last another 10 years or more.

Total cost? $85.00

My brother was dumbfounded. I think he'd like to move from Charlotte to G-Vegas to get contractor rates like that one.
Wonderful news!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2010, 5:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm cooking 2 chickens, making chicken and rice soup, which I'll be sharing with my kiddies. :ymhug:
As opposed to your "kitties"?

@};-
Yup. :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2010, 5:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:Oh happy day! My HVAC guy came over and fixed my furnace. It was a defective switch, which he replaced. He checked out the system, and he expects it to last another 10 years or more.

Total cost? $85.00

WOWO!!! Maybe with the $1000.00 for the other job and the $3000.00 for the furnace, you can go to Paris. :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 28th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Last night I was going to check the Saints-Falcons scores at bedtime on my iTouch, and ESPN Gamecast of some NBA game came up, and the first thing I saw was "Gordon Heyward misses three point shot."

He still misses the shot, I guess. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

It was like deja vu all over again. :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2010, 5:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Last night I was going to check the Saints-Falcons scores at bedtime on my iTouch, and ESPN Gamecast of some NBA game came up, and the first thing I saw was "Gordon Heyward misses three point shot."

Poor Gordon. He will never make that shot. :D
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 28th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:

Total cost? $85.00

WOWO!!! Maybe with the $1000.00 for the other job and the $3000.00 for the furnace, you can go to Paris. :happy-bouncyblue:
Great idea, mom and awesome news, Cathy!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 28th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Total cost? $85.00

Fantastic! Too bad he didn't come over last week so you didn't have to freeze all weekend, but I'm thrilled you got to save several thousand $$$!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:

Total cost? $85.00

If not Paris, France, then Paris Las Vegas! Or maybe my friend's house on Paris Avenue in west Greenville.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2010, 9:36 pm

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

Total cost? $85.00

Great idea, mom and awesome news, Cathy!
It is a GREAT idea. I am so happy!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2010, 9:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Total cost? $85.00

Fantastic! Too bad he didn't come over last week so you didn't have to freeze all weekend, but I'm thrilled you got to save several thousand $$$!
My upstairs never dipped below 60 degrees. Since I keep it at 62, it wasn't THAT bad except for getting out of bed in the morning, and that's always hard to do.

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 28th, 2010, 9:43 pm

I finished making the chicken soup. It's pretty good. I make 16 quarts. That's a gallon for each one of my kidos. :) :ymhug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 28th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Last night I was going to check the Saints-Falcons scores at bedtime on my iTouch, and ESPN Gamecast of some NBA game came up, and the first thing I saw was "Gordon Heyward misses three point shot."

Looks like Gordon Hayward suffers from Sheldon Williams Disease (i.e., it's HAYWARD, not HEYWARD).
:)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :)) =))
:Ult Ninja: :Ult Ninja:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 28th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

Looks like Gordon Hayward suffers from Sheldon Williams Disease (i.e., it's HAYWARD, not HEYWARD).
Tell it to ESPN Gamecast. That's how they spelled it!
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 28th, 2010, 10:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Looks like Gordon Hayward suffers from Sheldon Williams Disease (i.e., it's HAYWARD, not HEYWARD).
Tell it to ESPN Gamecast. That's how they spelled it!
I know... I saw it when I looked up the spelling. :Boo:
And apparently, MANY places also spell it SHELDON. :-o :Boo: :Boo:
BY THE WAY, there really is a guy named SHELDON WILLIAMS. I wonder if everybody misspells his name too? :-\
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 28th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Am I the last person on the planet to see the "Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife" youtube video?

I lead such a sheltered life.

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » December 28th, 2010, 11:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:Am I the last person on the planet to see the "Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife" youtube video?

I lead such a sheltered life.
No. Am I the only one who hates receiving emails with a "you must watch this" subject, and a Youtube link with no other explanation? I refuse to watch them. I think I probably miss out on quite a few internet memes because of it.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 29th, 2010, 9:48 am

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

Total cost? $85.00

If not Paris, France, then Paris Las Vegas! Or maybe my friend's house on Paris Avenue in west Greenville.
Or, visit Paris Hilton. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 29th, 2010, 2:24 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Or, visit Paris Hilton. :)) =))
I think Paris Hilton NEEDS a good lawyer. ;)
Iron Duke #1471997.