LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » December 14th, 2010, 6:17 am

devildeac wrote:Ya mean like this:
:flame: :angry-extinguishflame: :angry-fire:

:)) =))
Umm, I thought that combination of smilies was reserved for my pickled hot lemon peppers. :ymblushing: ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 14th, 2010, 7:57 am

Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Ya mean like this:
:flame: :angry-extinguishflame: :angry-fire:

:)) =))
Umm, I thought that combination of smilies was reserved for my pickled hot lemon peppers. :ymblushing: ;)
Couldn't resist using them when AD talked about setting herself ablaze whilst playing handbells, singing and carrying a candle.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 14th, 2010, 4:55 pm

When I woke up this morning, I was really stuffy. I know have a full blown cold and feel rotten. I don't think I have a fever so that's good. I don't have time for this. I know, drink lots of juice and water and rest. Bummer. :(
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 14th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:When I woke up this morning, I was really stuffy. I know have a full blown cold and feel rotten. I don't think I have a fever so that's good. I don't have time for this. I know, drink lots of juice and water and rest. Bummer. :(
Sorry to hear this. Feel better soon. You know what to do.... :ymhug: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 14th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:When I woke up this morning, I was really stuffy. I know have a full blown cold and feel rotten. I don't think I have a fever so that's good. I don't have time for this. I know, drink lots of juice and water and rest. Bummer. :(
Feel better soon. Get some Airborn Defense. We love that stuff.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 14th, 2010, 9:58 pm

Happy grocery story:

B went to the Harris Teeter in K-vegas today and bought a bunch of stuff, including three different types of apples. Somehow the apples didn't make it home. So on the way to the gym tonight, we took the receipt by H-T and saw the manager. The manager had his bag of apples at the service counter and handed the bag to him. Then she said, "Hang on a second," and went back into the office. When she came back out, she brought a $5 HT gift card and gave it to him for his troubles.
:happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 14th, 2010, 11:47 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Happy grocery story:

B went to the Harris Teeter in K-vegas today and bought a bunch of stuff, including three different types of apples. Somehow the apples didn't make it home. So on the way to the gym tonight, we took the receipt by H-T and saw the manager. The manager had his bag of apples at the service counter and handed the bag to him. Then she said, "Hang on a second," and went back into the office. When she came back out, she brought a $5 HT gift card and gave it to him for his troubles.
:happy-bouncyblue:
HT rocks. And they have good apples. My HT's head manager is a huge Duke fan, he has his office plastered in Duke stuff...it's fun to look at when his door is open. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 15th, 2010, 8:44 am

YAY! The landscapers are here to beautify and rehabilitate my poor neglected yard!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 15th, 2010, 9:18 am

CathyCA wrote:YAY! The landscapers are here to beautify and rehabilitate my poor neglected yard!
Putting in an ice rink?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 15th, 2010, 9:51 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:YAY! The landscapers are here to beautify and rehabilitate my poor neglected yard!
Putting in an ice rink?
Not a bad idea! I could charge admission and make some money!

Actually, the shrubs in back hadn't been trimmed in about 5 years. It's a wonder they're not using Agent Orange to thin out my bushes.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 15th, 2010, 3:52 pm

I'm finally a little bit better. :)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 15th, 2010, 6:21 pm

What a day. The boss is out of town, and I got to handle a meeting with one of our problem collaborators. Unfortunately the meeting started at 3. I say unfortunately because he always sticks around well past his welcome (into scheduled meeting times with other collaborators, etc). I literally had to kick him out at 4:40 after he ignored my repeated comments, starting at 4:30, that I needed to leave because I didn't want to walk home in the dark. What a buffoon.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 15th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Kinda quiet at CTN today except for the capt pretty much. :whistle:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 15th, 2010, 9:28 pm

CRAP!

The landscaper left his 2 trailers in my driveway. I backed out of the garage tonight--right in to the corner of his utility trailer.

I need a bumper sticker to cover up the damage to my car. I'm too cheap to get the bumper repaired/replaced. I think a bumper sticker will do the trick.

I hate bumper stickers, but I hate scratched up bumpers even worse. :auto-swerve: :auto-crash: :((

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 15th, 2010, 9:33 pm

CathyCA wrote:CRAP!

The landscaper left his 2 trailers in my driveway. I backed out of the garage tonight--right in to the corner of his utility trailer.

I need a bumper sticker to cover up the damage to my car. I'm too cheap to get the bumper repaired/replaced. I think a bumper sticker will do the trick.

I hate bumper stickers, but I hate scratched up bumpers even worse. :auto-swerve: :auto-crash: :((
Structural damage or a few unsightly scratches?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 15th, 2010, 9:53 pm

devildeac wrote:

Structural damage or a few unsightly scratches?
I'm not sure yet. It's dark outside. I took pictures, and they're to scary to look at.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 15th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Man, that bites. Sorry to hear this. I hope it isn't too bad.

I think there are some nice bumper stickers in the Duke Collection of Gifts. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 15th, 2010, 10:26 pm

WTH is this: Registered users: Baidu [Spider], CameronBornAndBred, devildeac, TNTDevil ?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 15th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Ima...when you do your drive by and check out your neighbor's car..look for bumper stickers. :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 15th, 2010, 10:54 pm

I've just finished filling out an application on Ugallery, it's an online gallery. At the beginning they say they will let me know in two biz days, but at the end they say they review the apps on Wednesday and inform the artists shortly after. So either I will know if I'm accepted on Friday, or I'll know sometime next week. (Since today is Wednesday). Anyways...I've got an insane amount of paintings that I'm sitting on, and they aren't doing me very much good sitting here in my hallway. I'm a hoarder of my own art..lol.