LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 25th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I hope to get my Duke tree up this weekend.
We can help! :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 25th, 2010, 10:09 pm

During the UVA game my camera fell on the ground while I was inside..my own fault for not putting my toys away. It seemed ok, but I've noticed since that something is up with the lens on wide angle shots, and my zoom shots are a little fuzzy on one side. 1st off, when I bought this camera I bought an extended warranty that covered "if you drop it". I drop all sorts of crap, so buying a warranty sounded like a good idea. I don't have the paperwork anymore, but according to Best Buy any store can look up my info, I'm hoping it's still covered, I think I got it for 3 years and that was 2 years ago. If so, then yay!
Even if it's not so, I still bought another camera today. I love mine, but since it's whacked it doesn't help me much. I ordered this one online for $229, it's refurbished.
ImageWhat I like about it is it has 30X optical zoom. That's insane. My current optical zoom is really good, but it's 12x. The SP-800UZ is one of only two that came out with 30x. Lots of detail is lost when digital zoom is applied, and if I'm shooting from the stands of Wallace Wade or Cameron I want to be as close as I can. The reviews I've read have all been real positive, the one drawback is that most of the options are menu driven versus manually pressing a button or flipping a switch, so it will take a tad longer to get the settings that I want. Hopefully my other camera is covered, then I'll have two in my photographers' arsenal.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10020 ... p600uz.asp :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 25th, 2010, 10:25 pm

We had a great turkey day. I love getting together with family and friends. :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 26th, 2010, 11:50 am

Good morning!
~O)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 26th, 2010, 12:07 pm

Lavabe wrote:Good morning!
~O)
Wrong thread! ;) But Good Morning back to you. And 2 demerits for not ending your post according to the Captain's decree. Here's one for you. :9f:

:9f:
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 26th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Good afternoon!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 26th, 2010, 6:15 pm

I'm almost ready to Brunchgate!!1
:9f: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 26th, 2010, 10:31 pm

X( X( X(

Stepdau was thrilled about helping to decorate tree. We even got a tree a week earlier and put it up last night so she could help decorate.

So when I put up lights, what is she doing? Playing "Angry Birds" on couch. Her contribution is Christmas music on the DirecTV, if that's what you call the bizarre shit ("look, that's a candy cane in your pocket" reminds me of the punchline of a joke) that they are playing on Holidays and Happenings.

No more decorating is getting done tonight. I'm taking my 8-ibuprofen backache (no, not 8 at one time, though it is tempting and 4 isn't doing it) to bed.

May the fine young men of Durham introduce their thuggish neighbors to the flames of Hades tomorrow, and consign them there. May the Victory Bell return to its place of honor where it belongs.

Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » November 27th, 2010, 7:06 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
No more decorating is getting done tonight. I'm taking my 8-ibuprofen backache (no, not 8 at one time, though it is tempting and 4 isn't doing it) to bed.

May the fine young men of Durham introduce their thuggish neighbors to the flames of Hades tomorrow, and consign them there. May the Victory Bell return to its place of honor where it belongs.

1) Hope ya get to feeling better

2) Ugh...Amen!

"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 27th, 2010, 1:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
~O)
Wrong thread! ;) But Good Morning back to you. And 2 demerits for not ending your post according to the Captain's decree. Here's one for you. :9f:

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 27th, 2010, 1:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
~O)

This is not Fight Club. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 27th, 2010, 1:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
~O)

Good morning, back at ya!
~O)

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 27th, 2010, 1:26 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Good afternoon!
Good Afternoon, Ymo!! ~O)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » November 27th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Just checking to see how everyone is doing.

Got to clean some dishes. :o)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 27th, 2010, 7:25 pm

I think I saw CathyCA on the TV today.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 27th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Good afternoon!
Good Afternoon, Ymo!! ~O)
Good evening to you, Lavabe!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 27th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Lavabe wrote:Just checking to see how everyone is doing.

Got to clean some dishes. :o)
I just finished mine up.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 28th, 2010, 12:43 am

I just got back from Portland. :happy-bouncyblue:

Great game, the crowd was at least half blue, and the Oregon fans were pretty silent once we went up 20-7.

The day would have been a hell of a lot better if I hadn't forgotten the tickets when we left the house -- we were halfway between Seattle & Portland (1.5 hours from home) when I remembered. But it would have been a hell of a lot worse if we had made it all the way down to Portland before realizing; as it was, we went back home, picked up the tix, and still made it in to the game just before tip-off.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 28th, 2010, 5:29 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I just got back from Portland. :happy-bouncyblue:

Great game, the crowd was at least half blue, and the Oregon fans were pretty silent once we went up 20-7.

The day would have been a hell of a lot better if I hadn't forgotten the tickets when we left the house -- we were halfway between Seattle & Portland (1.5 hours from home) when I remembered. But it would have been a hell of a lot worse if we had made it all the way down to Portland before realizing; as it was, we went back home, picked up the tix, and still made it in to the game just before tip-off.
Were you in the Chehalis/Centralia area? That's where my grandma used to live. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 28th, 2010, 5:32 am

Hey, what's with all the leaping penalties in football all of a sudden? I hadn't seen that call in a long time, then yesterday, I saw it twice in two different games on extra points. I thought leaping was supposed to be for launching yourself off of somebody. Neither of these guys looked like they were within a yard of anybody else when they took off, though both of them landed on somebody. However, the flag looked like it flew before they landed in both instances. I thought you were SUPPOSED to "leap" to try to block a kick. What's up with that?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage