LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 11th, 2010, 2:38 pm

windsor wrote:I'm muddling through today with minimal funciton in my right thumb...thanks to the deep puncture put there by the canine tooth of dalmation at the training club last night. This isn't my first dog bite, nor my last...but DAMN they hurt like hell.

:O3
Hope it gets better soon. :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 11th, 2010, 2:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The big NEJM paper is finally official! Not up on Pubmed just yet, but it must be coming soon based on the news release from Wash U. http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21481.aspx
Congratulations!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 4:51 pm

windsor wrote:I'm muddling through today with minimal funciton in my right thumb...thanks to the deep puncture put there by the canine tooth of dalmation at the training club last night. This isn't my first dog bite, nor my last...but DAMN they hurt like hell.

Get better soon, Windsor! I read that as "canine tooth of damnation." Probably about how it feels.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Get better soon, Windsor! I read that as "canine tooth of damnation." Probably about how it feels.
"canine tooth of damnation" =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Hope you feel better soon, windsor!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:21 pm

windsor wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:The big NEJM paper is finally official! Not up on Pubmed just yet, but it must be coming soon based on the news release from Wash U. http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21481.aspx

Totally awesome. Totally. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks! I'm pretty psyched. 10th author, but still cool! Love having a small part of such an important project.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lichti CF
Very cool indeed! :happy-bouncyblue:
Right on, Oz! Way to dig down into the coauthor's list! :D
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:I just lit the pilot light on my new gas logs!

This is such an accomplishment. I am so afraid of lighting gas stoves, water heaters, grills, gas logs. I got down on the floor, figured out how to light the thing, and I didn't have any explosion when it lit. It didn't scare me when it lit, and I didn't scream.

Now I can enjoy cozy fires in my living room.
You go girl! You're a step ahead of me. I've never lit the gas log fireplace in my living room, and I've lived here for 1.5 yrs. Of course, it's in the 70s here today, so it won't be happening today. :D
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:25 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Congratulations!! Sounds like some very important research too, keep up the great work!
Thanks DA! I didn't really get the implications of the research until I read the press release. That makes the paper especially exciting! It's pretty exciting to have a small role in a project with such profound implications in cancer treatment. :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:26 pm

devildeac wrote:
^:)^ ^:)^
\:d/ \:d/
:clap: :clap:
Thanks devildeac! (Notice how I'm padding my post count by responding to all the congrats? You set a fine example!)
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Congratulations, AD on being published. Keep up the good work.
Thanks DinK! The publication fairy has been especially nice to me this year: two papers from work I did 5+ years ago at UAMS, a paper in Proceedings in National Academy of Sciences, the NEJM paper, and a couple others in smaller journals from work that I've done since arriving here about 1.5 years ago. I'm lucky to be collaborating with some good people.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:30 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Bragging time from a proud aunt:

Nephew Sam will be in a play this weekend - and I get to be there!

He also will be Conrad, the lead, in Bye, Bye, Birdie! in March. I will be there also. I've already asked for the first weekend in March off. (I have a great boss!)
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
So great that you get to see your nephew in his play this weekend. Do you have to travel to see it?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks!
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 11th, 2010, 6:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Stayed up late setting up the printer! Wireless connection - check. Two-sided printing - check! Using the 22 pound paper isn't satisfactory for that, but I didn't think it would be. I'll get some glossy inkjet brochure paper, or something similar.
I have a new wireless printer that needs to be set up.
We have a new wireless printer, too, an HP 6500. It has a love-hate relationship with my new MacAir Pro. Sometimes when I try to print, it prints immediately; sometimes it doesn't recognize the printer, and one Saturday evening, I attempted to print something about 8, and it decided to print at 9 the next morning.
Mine is the HP 6500A Plus - it's smarter and got better grades :D :))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:34 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 6:34 pm

He also will be Conrad, the lead, in Bye, Bye, Birdie! in March. I will be there also. I've already asked for the first weekend in March off. (I have a great boss!)
Yay! Go Sam! I know you're proud of him.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 6:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Congratulations!
Thanks Cathy!
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Max's school football team won the conference championship last night. I think the score was 42 to 12. Max had an awesome game. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Go EE Smith Middle School!!
Catching up on my congratulations. GO MAX! Congratulations to his team. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2010, 6:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
^:)^ ^:)^
\:d/ \:d/
:clap: :clap:
Thanks devildeac! (Notice how I'm padding my post count by responding to all the congrats? You set a fine example!)
Well padded.

Thank you. :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 11th, 2010, 9:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Congratulations, AD on being published. Keep up the good work.
Thanks DinK! The publication fairy has been especially nice to me this year: two papers from work I did 5+ years ago at UAMS, a paper in Proceedings in National Academy of Sciences, the NEJM paper, and a couple others in smaller journals from work that I've done since arriving here about 1.5 years ago. I'm lucky to be collaborating with some good people.
Nope, they're lucky to have YOU, Ms. ArkieDukie! Congratulations!!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 11th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Great news. I'm sure Sam will wonderful. Enjoy the play. :happy-bouncyblue: