LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » November 11th, 2010, 9:01 am

windsor wrote:I'm muddling through today with minimal funciton in my right thumb...thanks to the deep puncture put there by the canine tooth of dalmation at the training club last night. This isn't my first dog bite, nor my last...but DAMN they hurt like hell.

:O3
Did you see NOVA's "Dogs Decoded" on PBS the other night?
You can actually watch it online at the PBS web site for NOVA.
WAY cool!! :O3 :O3
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 11th, 2010, 9:33 am

The big NEJM paper is finally official! Not up on Pubmed just yet, but it must be coming soon based on the news release from Wash U. http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21481.aspx
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 11th, 2010, 9:37 am

Lavabe wrote:
windsor wrote:I'm muddling through today with minimal funciton in my right thumb...thanks to the deep puncture put there by the canine tooth of dalmation at the training club last night. This isn't my first dog bite, nor my last...but DAMN they hurt like hell.

Did you see NOVA's "Dogs Decoded" on PBS the other night?
You can actually watch it online at the PBS web site for NOVA.
WAY cool!! :O3 :O3
I did not...but it sounds like an excellent way to waste some time at work this morning!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 11th, 2010, 9:38 am

ArkieDukie wrote:The big NEJM paper is finally official! Not up on Pubmed just yet, but it must be coming soon based on the news release from Wash U. http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21481.aspx

Totally awesome. Totally. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 11th, 2010, 10:09 am

ArkieDukie wrote:The big NEJM paper is finally official! Not up on Pubmed just yet, but it must be coming soon based on the news release from Wash U. http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/21481.aspx
Lichti CF
Very cool indeed! :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 11th, 2010, 10:29 am

Ouch! Feel better soon!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 11th, 2010, 11:05 am

I just lit the pilot light on my new gas logs!

This is such an accomplishment. I am so afraid of lighting gas stoves, water heaters, grills, gas logs. I got down on the floor, figured out how to light the thing, and I didn't have any explosion when it lit. It didn't scare me when it lit, and I didn't scream.

Now I can enjoy cozy fires in my living room.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » November 11th, 2010, 11:08 am

Congratulations!! Sounds like some very important research too, keep up the great work!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 11th, 2010, 11:10 am

^:)^ ^:)^
\:d/ \:d/
:clap: :clap:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 11th, 2010, 11:11 am

Congratulations, AD on being published. Keep up the good work.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 11th, 2010, 11:12 am

Windsor - I hope the wound heals quickly.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 11th, 2010, 11:13 am

Congratulations on lighting the pilot light on your gas logs, Cathy! Especially the no screaming part.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 11th, 2010, 11:14 am

Bragging time from a proud aunt:

Nephew Sam will be in a play this weekend - and I get to be there!

He also will be Conrad, the lead, in Bye, Bye, Birdie! in March. I will be there also. I've already asked for the first weekend in March off. (I have a great boss!)
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 11:57 am

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Stayed up late setting up the printer! Wireless connection - check. Two-sided printing - check! Using the 22 pound paper isn't satisfactory for that, but I didn't think it would be. I'll get some glossy inkjet brochure paper, or something similar.
I have a new wireless printer that needs to be set up.
We have a new wireless printer, too, an HP 6500. It has a love-hate relationship with my new MacAir Pro. Sometimes when I try to print, it prints immediately; sometimes it doesn't recognize the printer, and one Saturday evening, I attempted to print something about 8, and it decided to print at 9 the next morning.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 11th, 2010, 12:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Stayed up late setting up the printer! Wireless connection - check. Two-sided printing - check! Using the 22 pound paper isn't satisfactory for that, but I didn't think it would be. I'll get some glossy inkjet brochure paper, or something similar.
I have a new wireless printer that needs to be set up.
We have a new wireless printer, too, an HP 6500. It has a love-hate relationship with my new MacAir Pro. Sometimes when I try to print, it prints immediately; sometimes it doesn't recognize the printer, and one Saturday evening, I attempted to print something about 8, and it decided to print at 9 the next morning.

We have TWO wireless printers...now that's a joy to manage - more so from my husbands (older) laptop - from mine I connect one with Bluetooth and the other via the wirelss network.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 12:52 pm

windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:We have a new wireless printer, too, an HP 6500. It has a love-hate relationship with my new MacAir Pro. Sometimes when I try to print, it prints immediately; sometimes it doesn't recognize the printer, and one Saturday evening, I attempted to print something about 8, and it decided to print at 9 the next morning.

We have TWO wireless printers...now that's a joy to manage - more so from my husbands (older) laptop - from mine I connect one with Bluetooth and the other via the wirelss network.
Oops, I meant MacBook Air. And since I insulted them (the computer and the printer), they worked immediately when I tried to print a Nylabone dog toy coupon.
Last edited by lawgrad91 on November 11th, 2010, 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 12:53 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 1:09 pm

It's a little late for Halloween, but I have been hearing a weird noise here in the living room. It turns out one of my Wii remotes suddenly turned itself on and was making this whirring noise, apropos of nothing. :-o

I wondered why the first couple of times I used it, the batteries only lasted about two days. (After that I took the batteries out when I wasn't using it, but I must've forgotten on Tuesday.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 11th, 2010, 2:34 pm

CathyCA wrote:I just lit the pilot light on my new gas logs!

This is such an accomplishment. I am so afraid of lighting gas stoves, water heaters, grills, gas logs. I got down on the floor, figured out how to light the thing, and I didn't have any explosion when it lit. It didn't scare me when it lit, and I didn't scream.

Now I can enjoy cozy fires in my living room.
:ymapplause: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 11th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!