LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » November 8th, 2010, 6:40 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Coach K is on the front page of msn.com this morning...linking to this article.
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... ?gt1=39002
This was a great article.
Thank you for sharing.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2010, 8:38 pm

I had a fun weekend. Took my 9 year old niece to see Wicked on Saturday. :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2010, 8:42 pm

I went with the cheapest possible rental car for the weekend (economy car from Dollar) and really lucked out: the car was a Ford Fusion. Has anyone else ever driven one? I was very pleasantly surprised. I would definitely consider buying one if I was in the market for a car. For those of you who are not quite as vertically challenged as I (**cough**Lavabe**cough**), there's also LOTS of head room. I think it would be a comfortable car for a tall person.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 8th, 2010, 9:09 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I went with the cheapest possible rental car for the weekend (economy car from Dollar) and really lucked out: the car was a Ford Fusion. Has anyone else ever driven one? I was very pleasantly surprised. I would definitely consider buying one if I was in the market for a car. For those of you who are not quite as vertically challenged as I (**cough**Lavabe**cough**), there's also LOTS of head room. I think it would be a comfortable car for a tall person.
Ford's done a helluva job in designing and building their cars the last few years. And they are still an American car company, not Government Motors.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 8th, 2010, 10:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I had a fun weekend. Took my 9 year old niece to see Wicked on Saturday. :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY! That experience will always be with your niece like a handprint on her heart!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2010, 10:31 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I went with the cheapest possible rental car for the weekend (economy car from Dollar) and really lucked out: the car was a Ford Fusion. Has anyone else ever driven one? I was very pleasantly surprised. I would definitely consider buying one if I was in the market for a car. For those of you who are not quite as vertically challenged as I (**cough**Lavabe**cough**), there's also LOTS of head room. I think it would be a comfortable car for a tall person.
We had a 4 cylinder 2007 Fusion demo for our trip to Indy in April. Didn't like it. Had a 6 cylinder 2009 for one of our trips to Kin-tucky and really liked it. Smooth and quiet and just under 30 mpg, IIRC. The 4 cylinder notched just over 30 mpg. Test drove a Fusion hybrid this spring or summer and really liked that 30 minutes but bought a Civic hybrid instead for about $7K less.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2010, 11:19 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Ford's done a helluva job in designing and building their cars the last few years. And they are still an American car company, not Government Motors.
A point in their favor imo. Will definitely be looking at the hybrid model for my next car.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2010, 11:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I had a fun weekend. Took my 9 year old niece to see Wicked on Saturday. :happy-bouncyblue:
YAY! That experience will always be with your niece like a handprint on her heart!
Mine too. I lived about two miles from her until I moved to St. Louis, so we used to do all sorts of stuff together. She's a smart girl, so it was fun to discuss all the finer points of the musical with her. She was still talking about it when I left.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 8th, 2010, 11:23 pm

devildeac wrote:
We had a 4 cylinder 2007 Fusion demo for our trip to Indy in April. Didn't like it. Had a 6 cylinder 2009 for one of our trips to Kin-tucky and really liked it. Smooth and quiet and just under 30 mpg, IIRC. The 4 cylinder notched just over 30 mpg. Test drove a Fusion hybrid this spring or summer and really liked that 30 minutes but bought a Civic hybrid instead for about $7K less.
Pretty sure I had a 2010 4-cylinder. Best 4-cylinder American car I've driven for sure. Good to hear that you liked the hybrid model. Assuming I'm still a city person, my next car will be a hybrid. The Fusion hybrid is getting good reviews.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 9th, 2010, 12:22 am

I was in Sam's Club today looking at ink jet printers and talking to the tech support person, who also covers TV's, etc. We talked about how all the tech stuff now only has a 90 day return policy, unlike the "old days" when it was unlimited, for any reason, satisfaction guaranteed, no questions asked. Hmmm, I said, like my 2001 43" Toshiba HD ready rear projection TV I asked him? "Yup", he replied, "if you have the receipt." I do! :happy-bouncyblue: It may be time for a serious upgrade of technology in the Ozzie household! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 9th, 2010, 12:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
A point in their favor imo. Will definitely be looking at the hybrid model for my next car.
I talked about the hybrid after I test drove it sometime last year. You are right in that the hybrid is a fantastic car, with lots of headroom. It does, however, have one major problem...

sticker shock.

When I checked, $30,000 plus for the hybrid, and no budging with the sales person. Turned me off completely.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 9th, 2010, 7:43 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Ford's done a helluva job in designing and building their cars the last few years. And they are still an American car company, not Government Motors.
I talked about the hybrid after I test drove it sometime last year. You are right in that the hybrid is a fantastic car, with lots of headroom. It does, however, have one major problem...

sticker shock.

When I checked, $30,000 plus for the hybrid, and no budging with the sales person. Turned me off completely.
If you want to buy in Raleigh, I'll send you to Capital Ford. The parts/service manager is a very good patient of mine and an excellent source for MBB tix and a friend. The owner is also a neighbor of mine. If you're serious.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 9th, 2010, 7:51 am

devildeac wrote:The parts/service manager is a very good patient of mine and an excellent source for MBB tix and a friend.
a "very good" patient? Lots of heart problems, eh? Paid for that new two level deck and the 2010 Mercedes, eh? :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 9th, 2010, 1:41 pm

Here is a riddle for all of you. let's see how long it takes someone to get it (then again, it is entirely possible that people her have seen this before which will mean it will take about 2.3 seconds before we have an answer):

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 9th, 2010, 2:10 pm

colchar wrote:Here is a riddle for all of you. let's see how long it takes someone to get it (then again, it is entirely possible that people her have seen this before which will mean it will take about 2.3 seconds before we have an answer):

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!
No "e" anywhere in it.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 9th, 2010, 2:17 pm

CathyCA wrote:
colchar wrote:Here is a riddle for all of you. let's see how long it takes someone to get it (then again, it is entirely possible that people her have seen this before which will mean it will take about 2.3 seconds before we have an answer):

No "e" anywhere in it.

We have a winner!!!

'E' is the most commonly used letter in the English language but doesn't appear anywhere in that paragraph.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 9th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Here is another one:

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » November 9th, 2010, 3:03 pm

colchar wrote:Here is another one:

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?
Yesterday, today, tomorrow
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 9th, 2010, 3:06 pm

colchar wrote:Here is another one:

yesterday, today, tomorrow

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 9th, 2010, 3:28 pm

We have two winners this time!

Here is another one:

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------