short
break
!
Couple
more
next
25,000!
25000 posts • Page 1250 of 1250
You snooze, you lose! =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 25th, 2010, 10:52 am

:happy-bouncyblue: :D :duke: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 10:52 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:That had to be odd... but must have been a cool feeling. :-BD
No, being on call and taking a walk are perfectly normal feelings 8-| .

Oh, I guess you meant 3 children and 3 SOs ;) . I'm thinking that's the 1st time ever we have had that occur and, you are correct, it was a B-) feeling to see the offspring all in happy moods with their respective boy/girlfriend. :ymhug:
Three children sharing one SO would be odd.
My kids have more sense than that. I think.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 25th, 2010, 11:42 am

Lavabe wrote:I'll leave the honors of hitting 25K to CathyCA.
You will? Thank you!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 25th, 2010, 11:43 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Lots of whispering going on in this place today, mostly across the hall in the conference room. I understood the word "he" but not much else. So I guess they aren't talking about me.
That's good news!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 25th, 2010, 11:44 am

CathyCA wrote:
You will? Thank you!
I guess I missed out. Congrats, Ozzie, Lavabe, DD and Lawgrad91 for getting us there!

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 25th, 2010, 12:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
You will? Thank you!
I guess I missed out. Congrats, Ozzie, Lavabe, DD and Lawgrad91 for getting us there!
I was dribbling the clock down and saw that you were there, but then you left. I wound up calling a time out, and let Ozzie and lawgrad91 take over.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 25th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
CathyCA wrote: You will? Thank you!
I was dribbling the clock down and saw that you were there, but then you left. I wound up calling a time out, and let Ozzie and lawgrad91 take over.
Just like a sign in CIS several decades ago: george karl likes to dribble before he shoots! :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 25th, 2010, 2:04 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
You will? Thank you!
I got here, saw there were about 50 posts I'd missed, which I barely skimmed over but didn't read, and no one else was home. So I scooped up the ball and scored! Just like Coach Cut told me to do!

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 2:16 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I guess I missed out. Congrats, Ozzie, Lavabe, DD and Lawgrad91 for getting us there!
I got here, saw there were about 50 posts I'd missed, which I barely skimmed over but didn't read, and no one else was home. So I scooped up the ball and scored! Just like Coach Cut told me to do!
Ozzie, thank God you didn't commit a turnover on the way to the end zone (unless, of course, your referees aren't smart enough to figure out, if you did fumble a la Ben Roethlisberger, who recovered the ball).
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 2:34 pm

I feel like Don Quixote. Last week the Supreme Court of VA, this week the US Postal Service.

I ordered a charger for my phone from Amazon. I'm not big on shipping stuff to my house because nobody's there during the day, so I had the item shipped to my office via USPS. No big deal, right?

So I track my purchase and the tracking website informs me that they tried to deliver it on Saturday at 9:16am, but since no one was there, they left a delivery notice. DUH! It's a fucking courthouse. It isn't open on Saturday. There is no place to leave a delivery notice. And of course I can't pick it up at the post office, because I don't have a fucking delivery notice. I can't fill out the redelivery request form online because I don't have a fucking delivery notice. X( :-o :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussing:

I wonder if it has anything to do with me getting the postmaster's son in trouble with his PO....But that was YEARS ago.

Sorry for the rant. Continue the PW'ing.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by DevilWearsPrada » October 25th, 2010, 2:43 pm

So glad to see, there is not a language issue on CTN. Got a freaking warning Sunday morning from DBR, because I said Va Tech beat Duke's AZZ.

I received a warning from JK about my Language. WTF? I am still ......not believing how petty and stupid mods are over there. WTH has happened. It wasnt that way, years ago.

I am still getting used to CTN. After 10 yrs of reading DBR, I am doing better with posting here.

YOU guys are cool!!!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Update to my rant. Apparently "delivery confirmation" means the item doesn't have to be delivered to the correct location, just the correct building. The bailiff told me she had run the mail through the scanner this morning and the mail guy (a sub) had something that looked like a phone charger, which he promptly delivered to the mailbox of the Clerk of Court.

Anyway, now it's here, and not wherever my CTC tickets ended up. (Kevin, a nice guy in the Duke Athletics ticket office, had a spare set waiting for me at will-call the night of CTC. The tickets STILL haven't arrived at my house.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 25th, 2010, 3:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Update to my rant. Apparently "delivery confirmation" means the item doesn't have to be delivered to the correct location, just the correct building. The bailiff told me she had run the mail through the scanner this morning and the mail guy (a sub) had something that looked like a phone charger, which he promptly delivered to the mailbox of the Clerk of Court.

Anyway, now it's here, and not wherever my CTC tickets ended up. (Kevin, a nice guy in the Duke Athletics ticket office, had a spare set waiting for me at will-call the night of CTC. The tickets STILL haven't arrived at my house.)
You may want to consider renting a mailbox from Mail Boxes Etcetera, or something similar, so you have a real street address stuff can be delivered to.

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 4:00 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Update to my rant. Apparently "delivery confirmation" means the item doesn't have to be delivered to the correct location, just the correct building. The bailiff told me she had run the mail through the scanner this morning and the mail guy (a sub) had something that looked like a phone charger, which he promptly delivered to the mailbox of the Clerk of Court.

You may want to consider renting a mailbox from Mail Boxes Etcetera, or something similar, so you have a real street address stuff can be delivered to.
Not a bad idea, especially since B likes to buy watches and fountain pens (nice ones) on Ebay and has them delivered to the house.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 25th, 2010, 4:29 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Not a bad idea, especially since B likes to buy watches and fountain pens (nice ones) on Ebay and has them delivered to the house.
Did you see the feature on fountain pens on 60 Minutes last night? Some guy (a judge or lawyer, I believe) in Md. has many $100K's invested in pens.

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 25th, 2010, 4:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Did you see the feature on fountain pens on 60 Minutes last night? Some guy (a judge or lawyer, I believe) in Md. has many $100K's invested in pens.
NO! No kidding. If B had known that was on, he'd have been glued to the TV. He was a writer for the magazine PEN WORLD at one time. Wonder if they'll rerun it, or if I can find it on their website. Thanks for the heads-up.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 25th, 2010, 6:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
NO! No kidding. If B had known that was on, he'd have been glued to the TV. He was a writer for the magazine PEN WORLD at one time. Wonder if they'll rerun it, or if I can find it on their website. Thanks for the heads-up.
I saw it last night, and I think it was on 60 Minutes, but I didn't see it listed on the web site. Don't know where else I would have seen it.

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 25th, 2010, 6:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Choir practice? How big a choir? I miss singing with a real choir. There are 4 to 6 of us on a good day at B's current church assignment.
Smaller than the choir at my last church. We had around 20 people today iirc. The special Sunday rehearsals are for the Lessons and Carols service. Our church has the oldest continuous L&C service west of the Mississippi. It's my favorite service, but I liked last year's music better.
Cool. I love Advent music. What did you like better about last year's?
I just liked the music better. We did the Biebl Ave Maria (this was a SATB arrangement; normally it's TTBB; I was in the trio) and Hugo Distler's Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (very different, hard as heck, and way cool). Those are the only two I remember off the top of my head - both were a capella. This year we're doing Wachet Auf (Bach) in German. We're also doing a Rutter piece. I think part of the problem is that I haven't been to enough of the rehearsals.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 25th, 2010, 10:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: I just liked the music better. We did the Biebl Ave Maria (this was a SATB arrangement; normally it's TTBB; I was in the trio) and Hugo Distler's Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming (very different, hard as heck, and way cool). Those are the only two I remember off the top of my head - both were a capella. This year we're doing Wachet Auf (Bach) in German. We're also doing a Rutter piece. I think part of the problem is that I haven't been to enough of the rehearsals.

I adore Rutter! We're doing his Requiem in 2 weeks.

Which Rutter Advent/Christmas piece are you doing?

~ James Naismith