LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » October 20th, 2010, 10:12 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:An eye clinic in Fayetteville, AR (home of the U of A) is offering free lasik surgery for the referees from last weekend's Arkansas-Auburn football game. =))
That's just too damn funny.

Wonder if the Duke Eye Clinic will offer free lasik surgery to the acc refs who will undoubtedly blow several calls this Saturday, much to the disgust of the Duke staff, players and fans.

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingwhite: :angry-jumpinganger: :angry-screaming: :angry-steamingears: :angry-teeth: :obscene-birdiedoublegreen: :obscene-birdiedoublered: :obscene-birdiered: :obscene-buttmoon: :obscene-buttred: :obscene-buttsmiley: :obscene-buttsway: :obscene-moneypiss:

Just practicing.
Maybe I should also mention that it's the same clinic that botched my mom's cataract surgery a few years ago, causing her to need several corrective surgeries to re-attach her retina. As it turns out, hers isn't the only case from this particular clinic. Maybe they did the lasik on the refs and the replay official before the game... :whistle:

TWO TOUCHDOWNS! THE REFS GAVE AUBURN 2 TOUCHDOWNS! :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 20th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Well, they won't get offers of LASIK from the VT eye clinic. Unless things have changed drastically, the only eye clinic they have is of the veterinary persuasion. They did do a good job of treating my Cert, the pit bull precursor to Merlin the rescue hound.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 21st, 2010, 6:57 am

About that restroom door, is it possible that it's a decal, and they just put it on on the wrong side of the door, or the glass came separate of the door, and they hung it backwards, OR the painter didn't know which way the door was gonna open (in or out)?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2010, 7:46 am

bjornolf wrote:About that restroom door, is it possible that it's a decal, and they just put it on on the wrong side of the door, or the glass came separate of the door, and they hung it backwards, OR the painter didn't know which way the door was gonna open (in or out)?

@};-
Nope, it's painted. One of my facebook friends came up with another logical answer...sombody put the hinges on the wrong sides.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 21st, 2010, 8:50 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:About that restroom door, is it possible that it's a decal, and they just put it on on the wrong side of the door, or the glass came separate of the door, and they hung it backwards, OR the painter didn't know which way the door was gonna open (in or out)?

@};-
Nope, it's painted. One of my facebook friends came up with another logical answer...sombody put the hinges on the wrong sides.
That's somewhat related to my painter not know which way the door was gonna open. ;)

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 21st, 2010, 11:27 am

ArkieDukie wrote:TWO TOUCHDOWNS! THE REFS GAVE AUBURN 2 TOUCHDOWNS! :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:
Maybe the refs are from Atlanta or Louisville. In those two cities, Petrino is definitely high on the $%^@$@%^ scale.B-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2010, 6:42 pm

Wish I was going to NYC tomorrow morning. 14 of my HS classmates are meeting tomorrow for a great weekend reunion, the high point of which is seeing classmate Kelsey Grammer (that is the correct spelling according to my HS yearbook) star in La Cage and meeting up with him for drinks afterwords! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 21st, 2010, 7:16 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Wish I was going to NYC tomorrow morning. 14 of my HS classmates are meeting tomorrow for a great weekend reunion, the high point of which is seeing classmate Kelsey Grammer (that is the correct spelling according to my HS yearbook) star in La Cage and meeting up with him for drinks afterwords! B-)
Your reunion sounds like fun! I hope your classmates take lots of pictures.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2010, 7:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Wish I was going to NYC tomorrow morning. 14 of my HS classmates are meeting tomorrow for a great weekend reunion, the high point of which is seeing classmate Kelsey Grammer (that is the correct spelling according to my HS yearbook) star in La Cage and meeting up with him for drinks afterwords! B-)
Your reunion sounds like fun! I hope your classmates take lots of pictures.
Me too!

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 21st, 2010, 10:38 pm

I had an interesting day. A putz who works on our floor has decided that he knows more than my co-workers and I do about how to do our jobs, and so he called a meeting with me and a grad student that we've been working with. He just happens to be on her committee, which in his mind gives him the right to come in and grill me on how we analyzed her samples. I can guarantee you that I have more experience with the instrument than he does - he's a MD/PhD and has never actually run the instrument himself. He also grilled our tech on how the samples were prepped. The kicker? He doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does. I wanted to knock the patronizing jerk's teeth down his throat. He ticked off me, the tech, and (more importantly), my boss. The ultimate underlying political theme is that the putz (who is an assistant prof) is trying to one-up my boss (a soon-to-be full professor). The putz, obvious political idiot that he is, will soon be squashed like a bug. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 21st, 2010, 10:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I had an interesting day. A putz who works on our floor has decided that he knows more than my co-workers and I do about how to do our jobs, and so he called a meeting with me and a grad student that we've been working with. He just happens to be on her committee, which in his mind gives him the right to come in and grill me on how we analyzed her samples. I can guarantee you that I have more experience with the instrument than he does - he's a MD/PhD and has never actually run the instrument himself. He also grilled our tech on how the samples were prepped. The kicker? He doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does. I wanted to knock the patronizing jerk's teeth down his throat. He ticked off me, the tech, and (more importantly), my boss. The ultimate underlying political theme is that the putz (who is an assistant prof) is trying to one-up my boss (a soon-to-be full professor). The putz, obvious political idiot that he is, will soon be squashed like a bug. :ymdevil:

Be sure to use the instrument to analyze the goo that will result from him being squished!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 21st, 2010, 10:46 pm

Is anyone else finding the site really slow when posting tonight?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2010, 10:50 pm

colchar wrote:Is anyone else finding the site really slow when posting tonight?
No.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 21st, 2010, 10:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
No.
It must be the new computer you bought with EJ's credit card... =))

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 21st, 2010, 10:53 pm

colchar wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I had an interesting day. A putz who works on our floor has decided that he knows more than my co-workers and I do about how to do our jobs, and so he called a meeting with me and a grad student that we've been working with. He just happens to be on her committee, which in his mind gives him the right to come in and grill me on how we analyzed her samples. I can guarantee you that I have more experience with the instrument than he does - he's a MD/PhD and has never actually run the instrument himself. He also grilled our tech on how the samples were prepped. The kicker? He doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does. I wanted to knock the patronizing jerk's teeth down his throat. He ticked off me, the tech, and (more importantly), my boss. The ultimate underlying political theme is that the putz (who is an assistant prof) is trying to one-up my boss (a soon-to-be full professor). The putz, obvious political idiot that he is, will soon be squashed like a bug. :ymdevil:

Be sure to use the instrument to analyze the goo that will result from him being squished!
No need to do that - I know what he's full of. And it doesn't smell very good. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 21st, 2010, 11:00 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
No.
It must be the new computer you bought with EJ's credit card... =))

That one hasn't been delivered yet - bit it is on its way!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 22nd, 2010, 11:56 am

Why are most of the programs on History International based on things that occurred in the US, or wars that involve the US? :-B
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » October 22nd, 2010, 12:21 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Why are most of the programs on History International based on things that occurred in the US, or wars that involve the US? :-B
Good question. And on the History Channel, 90 percent of programming is dedicated to Hitler, his bodyguards, his commanders, his troops, his family, his best friends, his pets, etc.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 22nd, 2010, 12:47 pm

EarlJam wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Why are most of the programs on History International based on things that occurred in the US, or wars that involve the US? :-B
Good question. And on the History Channel, 90 percent of programming is dedicated to Hitler, his bodyguards, his commanders, his troops, his family, his best friends, his pets, etc.

-EarlJam
There could not have been a History Channel without WWII. Despite the fact that there were millenia of history before WWII, the rest of history doesn't get much love.

Saying that, currently History Channel is broadcasting "Jurassic Fight Club." The first thing we do is, we don't talk about Jurassic Fight Club. Or make hieroglyphs about it.
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 22nd, 2010, 12:51 pm

Because it is owned by A&E.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------