LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » June 14th, 2009, 9:59 am

Sweet ride. What model is it? I'm not too familiar with Audi.

Do people still like Outback? The last few times I went there, they put hardly any of the seasoning on the steak (my favorite part of Outback food), and it was more fat and gristle than meat, despite being touted as Filet Mignon, despite the prices going UP. This was several years ago, and we haven't gone back. Has it gotten better again? That would make me happy, as the Lone Star across the street from it closed, which was my go to after Outback went downhill. Sully's, a local steakhouse, also went under during the recession, which was better than either IMHO, and cheaper to boot. They also had this REALLY cool floor to ceiling pair of fish tanks with two big tunnels running between them, so you could see the big fish swim between the tanks every once in a while. The only place I've been going lately is "The Original Steakhouse" (kind of a cross between a steakhouse and a sports bar) which has a couple locations in the DC area, one of which is on the FAR side of Woodbridge from us, so we don't get out there as often as I'd like. The problem is that my wife likes the way I grill a steak better than just about any restaurant outside of Ruth's Chris (and we can only afford to go their like twice a year), so a lot of times, she just has me make them at home (and we can do it cheaper). Sometimes, I just like other people to do the work, but she doesn't see it that way. Anyway, if Outback has gotten better, we might go once in a while. JMHO.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 14th, 2009, 10:30 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Ymo, I like your new wheels. Nice color.

First time I've had a blue car...
I've had several Duke Blue cars (1979 Chevy Impala - a company car), 1986 Acura Legend, and bought a 1984 Buick Electra station wagon and several Dodge/Plymouth minivans for my wife to drive. And I have alternated with Duke White cars, including my current Hyundai Sonata 8-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 10:56 am

bjornolf wrote:Sweet ride. What model is it? I'm not too familiar with Audi.
A4, the same model I had before. Not that anyone else here would no that, haha...
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 14th, 2009, 12:08 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Speaking of leftovers, I had some ice cream(Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip) last night. I was scooping it out of the container when I got to the point I had what I consider a full serving.(I use extra small bowls for ice cream.) Well, there was still some ice cream left. But certainly not enough for another full serving. I heaped it on top of my bowl...that wasn't wrong was it? =))
I prefer your approach to Mr. DA's - I brought home a 1/2 gal. of Breyer's Mint Choco Chip last week, and he ate the whole thing in one sitting!!! No use of bowls, just straight from the carton.

I asked him about it, and he responded, "I was REALLY frustrated from [some issue when working on your car engine.]" /:)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 14th, 2009, 12:28 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Speaking of leftovers, I had some ice cream(Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip) last night. I was scooping it out of the container when I got to the point I had what I consider a full serving.(I use extra small bowls for ice cream.) Well, there was still some ice cream left. But certainly not enough for another full serving. I heaped it on top of my bowl...that wasn't wrong was it? =))
I prefer your approach to Mr. DA's - I brought home a 1/2 gal. of Breyer's Mint Choco Chip last week, and he ate the whole thing in one sitting!!! No use of bowls, just straight from the carton.

I asked him about it, and he responded, "I was REALLY frustrated from [some issue when working on your car engine.]" /:)
I've never eaten an entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream, but I've talked about the Schraft's coffee ice cream quarts my mom brought home when I was a kid being "single serving sized"! And like your husband, no bowl required. :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 12:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

I've never eaten an entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream, but I've talked about the Schraft's coffee ice cream quarts my mom brought home when I was a kid being "single serving sized"! And like your husband, no bowl required. :D

My body would go into some sort of shock from all the sugar in a quart or more of ice cream.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » June 14th, 2009, 1:46 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:... he ate the whole thing in one sitting!!! No use of bowls, just straight from the carton.

Sounds like a man trying to help fix a woman's blown head gasket (still wondering if on vehicle or not?)!!!! :-D NOTE: We all, (at least some us), thought we could FIX ALL those blown head gaskets (dumb is instinct :-) )..... You'd think recurrence would result in experience, but.... go figure, WE keep doing different things to be YOUR hereos, but getting same results! :-D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Of course not. :roll: :oops: ;)

My wife does that also with ice cream. She takes a small dessert bowl and puts a tbsp or 2 of the ice cream in the bowl for her "reduced calorie" serving. Then, when she's finished, she has a 2nd or 3rd small serving. :)) :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 2:29 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Ymo, I like your new wheels. Nice color.

First time I've had a blue car...
I've had several Duke Blue cars (1979 Chevy Impala - a company car), 1986 Acura Legend, and bought a 1984 Buick Electra station wagon and several Dodge/Plymouth minivans for my wife to drive. And I have alternated with Duke White cars, including my current Hyundai Sonata 8-)
What exactly is the correct shade of Duke white...? :roll: ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 2:32 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:

Most (all?) companies don't make 1/2 gallons of ice cream any more. They are now 1.5 qts or 1.75 qts. You know, "recession pricing." :roll: So don't complain too much about your sweetie's consumption, at least he had less calories than last year with his indulgence. :roll: ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 2:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

That sounds like a GREAT way to "wash down" a sammich from the Carnegie... ;) ;) :roll:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 2:35 pm

I asked him about it, and he responded, "I was REALLY frustrated from [some issue when working on your car engine.]" /:)[/quote]
I've never eaten an entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream, but I've talked about the Schraft's coffee ice cream quarts my mom brought home when I was a kid being "single serving sized"! And like your husband, no bowl required. :D[/quote]

My body would go into some sort of shock from all the sugar in a quart or more of ice cream.[/quote]

Your arteries wouldn't be very happy either. ;) :oops: :roll:

but I would...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 4:44 pm

devildeac wrote:Your arteries wouldn't be very happy either. ;) :oops: :roll:

but I would...
Can I get recession pricing on that?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 14th, 2009, 5:05 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

but I would...
I'd bet we could work out a deal of some sort...
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 14th, 2009, 6:01 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:... he ate the whole thing in one sitting!!! No use of bowls, just straight from the carton.

Sounds like a man trying to help fix a woman's blown head gasket (still wondering if on vehicle or not?)!!!! :-D NOTE: We all, (at least some us), thought we could FIX ALL those blown head gaskets (dumb is instinct :-) )..... You'd think recurrence would result in experience, but.... go figure, WE keep doing different things to be YOUR hereos, but getting same results! :-D
To give props to Mr. DA's automotive skills, once he got all the parts back together, the car started right up! Just a quick timing adjustment, and it's running smoother than ever.

There's still a coolant leak somewhere, but it's small, so I'm not going to worry about it for now.

So yeah, he's pretty much my hero. :-* :ymhug: :-*
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 6:05 pm

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

but I would...
I'd bet we could work out a deal of some sort...
Sweet, if I'm going to get a discount I better make sure I use it. :lol:
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 14th, 2009, 8:17 pm

I went to my boss' son's graduation party this afternoon. I'm such a politician sometimes.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 14th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Sue71 wrote:I went to my boss' son's graduation party this afternoon. I'm such a politician sometimes.
Did they have ice cream?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » June 14th, 2009, 9:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Sue71 wrote:I went to my boss' son's graduation party this afternoon. I'm such a politician sometimes.
Did they have ice cream?
LOL not that I saw. They had cake. I had 2 bites and was done.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 14th, 2009, 9:49 pm

I'm going to make a strawberry cake when I get back from NYC next weekend.