LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Nice pass by the backup there, for the TD.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 6:12 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Nice pass by the backup there, for the TD.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
If the refs weren't total idiots, that play would've given us the lead. X(

I'm becoming more impressed with Tyler Wilson. He's a bit more mobile than Ryan Mallett, and he has a decent arm. We may pull this off yet, assuming the refs will let Arkansas win.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 6:13 pm

I see what you mean about the special teams being a concern.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 6:14 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I went to the grocery and gas station at halftime. It would help if the kick returner would take a frickin' knee when he's in the end zone, instead of starting his team inside the 15. I knew Mallett was out but didn't know why. That sucks.
Arkansas' special teams play really stinks this year. I cringe any time we take a kickoff or punt. Or any time we kick.

Mallett is out for the rest of the game with a concussion. The backup is doing a pretty good job, but it never helps when the frickin' officials spot the other team a touchdown. X( X( X(
See what I mean about special teams? Almost a touchdown on a kickoff return. :ymsick:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 6:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I see what you mean about the special teams being a concern.
Jinx! (Thanks for the DOG, Auburn! :ymdevil: )
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 16th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Back to the driving issue...
my brother got stopped in Charlotte, one night about 3am, for driving 35 in a 45, on South Blvd. Brother said he repeated the charge back to the city cop. He shook his head, said "Be careful.", and walked away back to his car. :-o

Well, it was 3am. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 16th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Oh God! Dmitri is knockin; on the door.
He doesn't want ~O)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 6:20 pm

captmojo wrote:Back to the driving issue...
my brother got stopped in Charlotte, one night about 3am, for driving 35 in a 45, on South Blvd. Brother said he repeated the charge back to the city cop. He shook his head, said "Be careful.", and walked away back to his car. :-o

Well, it was 3am. :D
Quite frankly, I wish they'd do that in the interstate. I've been involved in several near accidents because of people going below the speed limit in the passing lane.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 16th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Gotta go. Dim's gonna make me do stuff.
After so many turnovers...I just don't care.

Yes I do. :twitch:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 7:02 pm

I'm really starting to wonder if these are the same refs as the ones from last year's game against Florida. They have now given Auburn TWO touchdowns. X( X( X( Arkansas' running back fumbled after his knee was down. Auburn player picked it up and ran it in. They gave them the touchdown, even after review. X( X( X( Wonder if the idiot replay official will be reprimanded.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 7:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm really starting to wonder if these are the same refs as the ones from last year's game against Florida. They have now given Auburn TWO touchdowns. X( X( X( Arkansas' running back fumbled after his knee was down. Auburn player picked it up and ran it in. They gave them the touchdown, even after review. X( X( X( Wonder if the idiot replay official will be reprimanded.
Yeah, the running back was down. Must be the usual Duke refereeing crew. Hell, we didn't even get all the calls last night! ;)

There's about to be a domestic here over the remote. I LOVE college football, and am flipping between football and the ALCS. I could give a rat's :obscene-buttsway: about the Charlotte race. B wants to watch THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER at the race. Sheesh.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 16th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Did anyone mention we had 7 TO in the game today? X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 9:02 pm

devildeac wrote:Did anyone mention we had 7 TO in the game today? X(
Trying to forget....
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 9:24 pm

DD, tell us how you really feel about 7 TO's today, okay?
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 16th, 2010, 9:30 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
What was utterly astonishing, was that the only turnover that really killed us was the last one, Connette's fumble on about the miami 12 yard line. If we score a TD there, we are down only 20-28 with about 3-4 minutes to go and are another amazing on-side kick recovery away from a potential tying score. X(
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 9:45 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
What was utterly astonishing, was that the only turnover that really killed us was the last one, Connette's fumble on about the miami 12 yard line. If we score a TD there, we are down only 20-28 with about 3-4 minutes to go and are another amazing on-side kick recovery away from a potential tying score. X(
Sigh. At least it's basketball season now!
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 16th, 2010, 10:09 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:On my way home from packing boxes and loading stuff to go to Goodwill, I was significantly tailgated by a white Dodge Charger. if it had had a front tag, I wouldn't have been able to read it, he was so close to my back bumper. Imagine my surprise when he pulled on blue lights. He informed me I wasn't driving fast enough, and was causing a hazard! Turns out, in watching this dumbass tailgate me, I missed the sign that raised the speed limit from 35 to 45 and was still going in the 30's. He didn't write me a ticket, just infomed me that my car could move a lot faster, and he'd like to see me make a little more speed.

I'm still shaking my head on this one....
I'm guessing you weren't pulled by one of your Henry County deputies because the dude would have recognized you.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 10:13 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:On my way home from packing boxes and loading stuff to go to Goodwill, I was significantly tailgated by a white Dodge Charger. if it had had a front tag, I wouldn't have been able to read it, he was so close to my back bumper. Imagine my surprise when he pulled on blue lights. He informed me I wasn't driving fast enough, and was causing a hazard! Turns out, in watching this dumbass tailgate me, I missed the sign that raised the speed limit from 35 to 45 and was still going in the 30's. He didn't write me a ticket, just infomed me that my car could move a lot faster, and he'd like to see me make a little more speed.

I'm guessing you weren't pulled by one of your Henry County deputies because the dude would have recognized you.
Eden (NC) Police. I've been pulled by one of our deputies and two of our troopers, back in my younger, faster days. Also, I don't think the Henry County deputies tailgate people so closely the person in front can't see their license plate. If they did, I would have a chat with them, and their Sgt.

None of our guys would believe I drive too slow.

What did you buy in your retail therapy?
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 16th, 2010, 10:34 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Eden (NC) Police. I've been pulled by one of our deputies and two of our troopers, back in my younger, faster days. Also, I don't think the Henry County deputies tailgate people so closely the person in front can't see their license plate. If they did, I would have a chat with them, and their Sgt.

None of our guys would believe I drive too slow.

What did you buy in your retail therapy?
I got a leopard print sheath dress; a teal ruffled blouse; the teal garden sweater that goes with the teal blouse; a black sweater with a flower on it; a lace cocktail blouse; a beaded and sequined tank top; and something else that I can't remember.

A belt. I got a belt, too.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 10:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:[quote="lawgrad91]What did you buy in your retail therapy?
I got a leopard print sheath dress; a teal ruffled blouse; the teal garden sweater that goes with the teal blouse; a black sweater with a flower on it; a lace cocktail blouse; a beaded and sequined tank top; and something else that I can't remember.

A belt. I got a belt, too.[/quote][/quote]

Wow. Sounds lik you racked up!
Iron Duke #1471997.