LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » October 15th, 2010, 7:21 pm

I'm watching THE GAME on ESPN Classics right now.

It's not the same as being at CTC, but it's still thrilling.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 15th, 2010, 7:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm watching THE GAME on ESPN Classics right now.

It's not the same as being at CTC, but it's still thrilling.
Thanks for the tip, Cathy! I may need to look it up. (Although I think I still have the game on my DVR)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 15th, 2010, 7:32 pm

I bought a new coffee pot this week - a 12 cup Cuisinart. Got it on sale at Kohl's. My sister has one like it, and I decided I needed to scale up from my current 4-cup model. The Cuisinart one is pretty cool - it has a permanent filter, a built-in water filter, and it's programmable. I can wake up to fresh coffee! :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 15th, 2010, 9:43 pm

The best part of my trip to go see Yo Gabba Gabba tomorrow in Gboro will be my first trip to Stamey's for lunch before the show.

Wooo!
-- DukeUsul
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 15th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Bud and I had lunch with my great nephew, 18 yr. old, (who lost his father this past June), my brother and his wife today. It was very nice. We had dinner with one of my best high school friends and her husband this evening. So
much fun. We have had very little time together for years. We never missed a beat. We go on a cruise this weekend with other high school friends.

I really hate I'm gong to miss tomorrows game and Brunchgate. What can I saw? GO DEVILS!!! Bruchgate group, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 16th, 2010, 12:38 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:We had dinner with one of my best high school friends and her husband this evening. So
much fun. We have had very little time together for years. We never missed a beat. We go on a cruise this weekend with other high school friends.
That's what makes best friends, best friends! :ymhug:

Thanks for the reminder to call mine tomorrow!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 16th, 2010, 8:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new coffee pot this week - a 12 cup Cuisinart. Got it on sale at Kohl's. My sister has one like it, and I decided I needed to scale up from my current 4-cup model. The Cuisinart one is pretty cool - it has a permanent filter, a built-in water filter, and it's programmable. I can wake up to fresh coffee! :happy-bouncyblue:
Welcome to the Cuisinart club.
I've enjoyed mine for a long time. I didn't know they had one with a permanent filter. :-?
I never use the programming. I make it up before bed. When I get up, the first thing I do is flip the switch, then head for the 'Research and Development' room. When my study there is complete...so is the brew. The more gadgetry they put on stuff, the more there is to break down on them.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 8:11 am

captmojo wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I bought a new coffee pot this week - a 12 cup Cuisinart. Got it on sale at Kohl's. My sister has one like it, and I decided I needed to scale up from my current 4-cup model. The Cuisinart one is pretty cool - it has a permanent filter, a built-in water filter, and it's programmable. I can wake up to fresh coffee! :happy-bouncyblue:
Welcome to the Cuisinart club.
I've enjoyed mine for a long time. I didn't know they had one with a permanent filter. :-?
I never use the programming. I make it up before bed. When I get up, the first thing I do is flip the switch, then head for the 'Research and Development' room. When my study there is complete...so is the brew. The more gadgetry they put on stuff, the more there is to break down on them.
It's a mesh filter that fits inside the filter holder, which will also hold the paper filters that are not quite cone-shaped. I like the idea of not using paper filters. You can order them from the Cuisinart website - maybe they're available in stores as well? I'm pretty sure the replacement water filters are.

I programmed it for this morning but it didn't work for some reason. I ended up using the "flip the switch" approach as well. I'll have to see if I can figure out what I did wrong.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 16th, 2010, 12:12 pm

I was thinking of the water filter.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 12:27 pm

captmojo wrote:I was thinking of the water filter.
Oh. My bad. The water filter is a little mini charcoal filter that has to be replaced every couple of months.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 16th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Yeah. That's the one I was thinking of. I get 'em at Lowe's, 2 for like $8.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 4:25 pm

On my way home from packing boxes and loading stuff to go to Goodwill, I was significantly tailgated by a white Dodge Charger. if it had had a front tag, I wouldn't have been able to read it, he was so close to my back bumper. Imagine my surprise when he pulled on blue lights. He informed me I wasn't driving fast enough, and was causing a hazard! Turns out, in watching this dumbass tailgate me, I missed the sign that raised the speed limit from 35 to 45 and was still going in the 30's. He didn't write me a ticket, just infomed me that my car could move a lot faster, and he'd like to see me make a little more speed.

I'm still shaking my head on this one....
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 4:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:On my way home from packing boxes and loading stuff to go to Goodwill, I was significantly tailgated by a white Dodge Charger. if it had had a front tag, I wouldn't have been able to read it, he was so close to my back bumper. Imagine my surprise when he pulled on blue lights. He informed me I wasn't driving fast enough, and was causing a hazard! Turns out, in watching this dumbass tailgate me, I missed the sign that raised the speed limit from 35 to 45 and was still going in the 30's. He didn't write me a ticket, just infomed me that my car could move a lot faster, and he'd like to see me make a little more speed.

I'm still shaking my head on this one....
That happened to my brother - except it was at night, and the police officer left his brights on. My brother veered slightly left of the center line while trying to figure out what the heck was going on, and the lights immediately came on. He was stone-cold sober, but he was forced to walk a straight line and do all the other things that one normally does when testing for alcohol consumption. Got some sort of ticket for reckless driving.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 4:51 pm

Holy cow. Auburn just fumbled the ball outside the end zone, AR recovered and ran it out, and the fricking officials gave Auburn a touchdown. Unbelievable.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 4:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Holy cow. Auburn just fumbled the ball outside the end zone, AR recovered and ran it out, and the fricking officials gave Auburn a touchdown. Unbelievable.
That was a fumble, pure and simple. The ball dropped straight down and landed inside the 1, so it couldn't have been a touchdown.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 4:57 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Holy cow. Auburn just fumbled the ball outside the end zone, AR recovered and ran it out, and the fricking officials gave Auburn a touchdown. Unbelievable.
That was a fumble, pure and simple. The ball dropped straight down and landed inside the 1, so it couldn't have been a touchdown.
I'm still ticked. X( X( X( Guess the SEC wants to make sure they keep at least one undefeated team. X( X( Buttheads. X( X( X(

That call was worse than some of the calls against Duke during the Maryland game.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 5:03 pm

Maybe the NCAA is afraid of having two non-automatic qualifiers (ie., Boise State and TCU) at the top of the rankings, without some undefeated schools from the big conferences up as well.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Yeah. And now Ryan Mallett's in the locker room with an injury, and Auburn just scored another touchdown. Unless the team gets mad at the half, this one is over. Thanks, refs. X( X( X( X( X(
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 16th, 2010, 6:00 pm

I went to the grocery and gas station at halftime. It would help if the kick returner would take a frickin' knee when he's in the end zone, instead of starting his team inside the 15. I knew Mallett was out but didn't know why. That sucks.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 16th, 2010, 6:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I went to the grocery and gas station at halftime. It would help if the kick returner would take a frickin' knee when he's in the end zone, instead of starting his team inside the 15. I knew Mallett was out but didn't know why. That sucks.
Arkansas' special teams play really stinks this year. I cringe any time we take a kickoff or punt. Or any time we kick.

Mallett is out for the rest of the game with a concussion. The backup is doing a pretty good job, but it never helps when the frickin' officials spot the other team a touchdown. X( X( X(
-- Albert Einstein