Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2010, 11:42 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I've gone to the gas side. :-o
:ymtongue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 6th, 2010, 11:53 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Uniflame-40-0 ... l/13258773
Only $98 in the store, and they put it together for me for free. Bought it @2 pm on Tuesday afternoon and was cooking on it at 7 pm. B-) I also bought a "smoker box" and some hickory chips to flavor the meat. Tuesday's NY Strip steak and chicken breasts were excellent! :happy-bouncyblue: Wednesday night's pork chops were too (although I didn't use the wood chips on the pork). And it was all so easy and quick! I think I'm going to like this change. B-)
You will definitely enjoy it. Buy yourself an extra grill tank so you won't run out at the wrong time (unless you and B are related; he informed me last night that our grill tank was just about gone. When I asked him why he didn't switch over to the spare, he informed me that the spare was dead, too, and he hadn't thought to mention it or get a new one. X( )
I bought the tank at Costco Tuesday morning before I bought the grill (sort of forced the commitment to buy the grill) and had it filled there ($9.99 for 20 pounds of gas). Total cost ~$38. The tank has a gauge on it, so I'll know when I'm low. And WalMart, 1 mile away, has a (Blue Rhino?) tank exchange (~$18) if I ever run out, although I'd prefer to keep my tank and gauge and only pay $10 for the fill. We'll see how it works out.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 6th, 2010, 12:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
:ymtongue:
#-o For moment, I thought you were talking about this:

:obscene-fart:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 1:02 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Only $98 in the store, and they put it together for me for free. Bought it @2 pm on Tuesday afternoon and was cooking on it at 7 pm. B-) I also bought a "smoker box" and some hickory chips to flavor the meat. Tuesday's NY Strip steak and chicken breasts were excellent! :happy-bouncyblue: Wednesday night's pork chops were too (although I didn't use the wood chips on the pork). And it was all so easy and quick! I think I'm going to like this change. B-)
You will definitely enjoy it. Buy yourself an extra grill tank so you won't run out at the wrong time (unless you and B are related; he informed me last night that our grill tank was just about gone. When I asked him why he didn't switch over to the spare, he informed me that the spare was dead, too, and he hadn't thought to mention it or get a new one. X( )
You could get the gas company to put in a permanent line. I have one of those on my deck.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » October 6th, 2010, 1:40 pm

I have no idea how far behind I've gotten on this thread. I'm starting over today. I'm sure you've all been talking about me for the last 500 pages or so, both good and bad. I'm still not reading it. :D

But I might do this -- :happy-bouncyblue:

Tilly, post a picture of you in the scarf! (Please?)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 6th, 2010, 2:06 pm

BD is IN THE HOUSE!!! :jeanne dance: :banana-rock: :character-beavisbutthead:

Is there good news from Boston? :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 6th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I have no idea how far behind I've gotten on this thread. I'm starting over today. I'm sure you've all been talking about me for the last 500 pages or so, both good and bad. I'm still not reading it. :D

Where you been girl? We've missed you! Welcome back! :happy-bouncyblue:

Basically, you've missed my rant about thread merging OY. Not much else worth mentioning!

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 3:10 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I have no idea how far behind I've gotten on this thread. I'm starting over today. I'm sure you've all been talking about me for the last 500 pages or so, both good and bad. I'm still not reading it. :D

You figured it out: we talked about you.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » October 6th, 2010, 9:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
I bought the tank at Costco Tuesday morning before I bought the grill (sort of forced the commitment to buy the grill) and had it filled there ($9.99 for 20 pounds of gas). Total cost ~$38. The tank has a gauge on it, so I'll know when I'm low. And WalMart, 1 mile away, has a (Blue Rhino?) tank exchange (~$18) if I ever run out, although I'd prefer to keep my tank and gauge and only pay $10 for the fill. We'll see how it works out.
I encourage you to check with an expert, but if I remember right, a new tank has to be treated a little differently than those that have been used for a while. The way I understood it, a new tank is filled with some type of powder substance, in order to absorb any moisture(condensation) that may accumulate inside it's walls while empty and it should be pressured and then emptied before it's first complete usage in order to clear this powder and not force it through the gas lines of the grill.

I like mesquite. Hickory works well on pork, but mesquite adds good flavor to anything.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 6th, 2010, 9:48 pm

CathyCA wrote:

The only thing worse than being talked about...is not being talked about. :D
captmojo

Post by captmojo » October 6th, 2010, 9:50 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
captmojo wrote:New bed is a winner...at least. L-) :))
At the risk of asking the good Capt for TMI...

details? :?:
http://americanbedding.com/index.html
One of these memory foam numbers, in the five pound density tops.
I highly suggest it. :asleep:

Actually, what I got was from the 'Sterling and Thomas' line.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 6th, 2010, 10:21 pm

captmojo wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

The only thing worse than being talked about...is not being talked about. :D
Today, one of my students ended his question/statement with "Know what I mean, NUDGE, NUDGE."

Guess my response...
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 6th, 2010, 10:33 pm

Lavabe wrote: Today, one of my students ended his question/statement with "Know what I mean, NUDGE, NUDGE."

Guess my response...
Say no more?

-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 6th, 2010, 11:18 pm

captmojo wrote: I encourage you to check with an expert, but if I remember right, a new tank has to be treated a little differently than those that have been used for a while. The way I understood it, a new tank is filled with some type of powder substance, in order to absorb any moisture(condensation) that may accumulate inside it's walls while empty and it should be pressured and then emptied before it's first complete usage in order to clear this powder and not force it through the gas lines of the grill.

I like mesquite. Hickory works well on pork, but mesquite adds good flavor to anything.
The tanks at Costco say they are "pre-evacuated". They sell 'em and fill 'em by the hundreds at each store, so I trust they know what they are doing. Thanks for the heads up though.

Tonight's ribeye was outstanding!

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 7th, 2010, 8:47 am

DukeUsul wrote:
Lavabe wrote: Today, one of my students ended his question/statement with "Know what I mean, NUDGE, NUDGE."

Guess my response...
Say no more?

We have a winner!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 7th, 2010, 11:31 am

Impressive thread burying job by Lavabe. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 7th, 2010, 11:50 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Impressive thread burying job by Lavabe. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
The Undertaker has performed his duty. #:-s
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 7th, 2010, 11:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
captmojo wrote: I encourage you to check with an expert, but if I remember right, a new tank has to be treated a little differently than those that have been used for a while. The way I understood it, a new tank is filled with some type of powder substance, in order to absorb any moisture(condensation) that may accumulate inside it's walls while empty and it should be pressured and then emptied before it's first complete usage in order to clear this powder and not force it through the gas lines of the grill.

The tanks at Costco say they are "pre-evacuated". They sell 'em and fill 'em by the hundreds at each store, so I trust they know what they are doing. Thanks for the heads up though.

Tonight's ribeye was outstanding!
New tanks have to be bled. We learned the hard way. We have propane for heat in the mountain house. We bought new tanks, had them filled and the tanks were empty the next day. We've never had that problem with the small tanks.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 7th, 2010, 11:13 pm

Our grandson, Max, scored a touchdown this afternoon (middle school). They won 45 to 0. He had a baseball game at 6:00 (fall Dixie ball) and hit a home room. GO MAX!! :happy-bouncyblue:
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » October 7th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Our grandson, Max, scored a touchdown this afternoon (middle school). They won 45 to 0. He had a baseball game at 6:00 (fall Dixie ball) and hit a home room. GO MAX!! :happy-bouncyblue:
Max effort, Max results, for Mad MAX!

Congratulations!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.