Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 5th, 2010, 6:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:[quote="

The good night and good morning threads are stealing traffic away from this one. I vote that we merge them. Ozzie seconds that idea.
Yes, I do second that idea!
Good afternoon. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:[quote="

The good night and good morning threads are stealing traffic away from this one. I vote that we merge them. Ozzie seconds that idea.
Yes, I do second that idea!
Good afternoon. :D
Start another thread. :)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » October 5th, 2010, 10:08 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:I'm leaving for Durham in 8.5 hours! :happy-bouncyblue:

I'll be in the Fitzpatrick Atrium on Tues, from 11AM until 3PM, if anyone's on campus and wants to get a pitch for Microsoft's college recruiting. I'll probably head up to Fuqua at 4PM, to hear Craig Mundie give a speech on human-centered computing. :-B
Well DAY-UMM! I'll try to get by to say hi at some point if I can work it into my schedule. When do you arrive and when do you leave - the area, not just CIEMAS (Center for Interdisciplinary Engineering, Medicine and Applied Sciences, subsequently named for Fitzpatrick and ???) I'm sure I don't want to interrupt your recruiting, unless you can offer me a job that involves not moving from Smithfield, unless it has one heckuva paycheck with it :D )
Hey Ozzie! Sorry, First time I'm getting back to the boards since the last post. I got in after dark on Monday night (it takes a LONG time to travel from SEA-RDU....) I'm departing just after lunch tomorrow - I plan on wandering the campus in the morning, just to see ALL THE NEW BUILDINGS! I was totally lost on Science Drive this morning -- what the heck happened to the road/intersection that used to be by Hudson Hall? And note, don't ask undergrads walking into the Physics building, where the Fitzpatrick building is. (Though maybe they'd have known CIEMAS, which I didn't know was the "real" name....)

I'm (probably overly) excited for breakfast at the Waffle House tomorrow - the closest one to Seattle is in Colorado, so I always have to hit one when it's available. :D

I also plan on picking up some new "National Champion" paraphernalia, woot! :D
DevilAlumna

Downtown Durham

Post by DevilAlumna » October 5th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I got to go out to dinner tonight with an old sorority sister friend. She lives here in Durham and took me on a tour through downtown. Wow!! Looks like there're some cool new hangouts and restaurants there. I also liked the artsy/studios area by the old DPAB. If I were a young alum looking at cities to settle down in, Durham would definitely rise much higher on the list than it did when I graduated 13 years ago.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Downtown Durham

Post by devildeac » October 5th, 2010, 10:40 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I got to go out to dinner tonight with an old sorority sister friend. She lives here in Durham and took me on a tour through downtown. Wow!! Looks like there're some cool new hangouts and restaurants there. I also liked the artsy/studios area by the old DPAB. If I were a young alum looking at cities to settle down in, Durham would definitely rise much higher on the list than it did when I graduated 13 years ago.
HA! You should talk to my son who could not wait to move outta NC when he graduated 3 years ago.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 5th, 2010, 10:52 pm

So I was at my local music store (music equipment store) earlier tonight and one of their employees came in with a box of newborn kittens he had found abandoned out back of the store in the pissing rain. Whoever abandoned them should be shot and pissed on. Seriously. Fuck that pisses me off. I'd love nothing more than to be put alone in a room with them for half an hour with no witnesses - it wouldn't take me half an hour but I'd drag it out to make sure that I enjoyed it and that the fucker suffered as much as possible.

Thankfully, there is a 24 hour vet's office about a block from the store so they bundled towels, etc. into the box to keep them warm and then took them to the vet so that they could get whatever care they needed. I hope they all survive.

Sorry, rant over now.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:19 am

My entire office, except for two of the attorneys, is at a CLE today. Guess who gets to play receptionist?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 6th, 2010, 9:22 am

CathyCA wrote:My entire office, except for two of the attorneys, is at a CLE today. Guess who gets to play receptionist?
Do you get to set the thermostat, too? :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:28 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:My entire office, except for two of the attorneys, is at a CLE today. Guess who gets to play receptionist?
As a matter of fact, I do. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 6th, 2010, 9:29 am

devildeac wrote:
Oh, man, I would so do that if I could set the thermostat. It's amazing that a person who can walk dogs in shorts in the October morning wears wool :animals-sheep: to work and freezes, but the temperature regulation in this place must be non-existent.

Cathy, you can also give outrageous advice to obnoxious people if those calling in don't know who you are. Not that I would ever do that, of course. :ymblushing:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Oh, man, I would so do that if I could set the thermostat. It's amazing that a person who can walk dogs in shorts in the October morning wears wool :animals-sheep: to work and freezes, but the temperature regulation in this place must be non-existent.

Cathy, you can also give outrageous advice to obnoxious people if those calling in don't know who you are. Not that I would ever do that, of course. :ymblushing:
So far the only calls that have come in this morning have been for my legal assistant. No one calling has thought to ask for me yet! I'm just putting them through to her voice mail. =))

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:32 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

I give outrageous advice to obnoxious people even if they do know who I am. I like to give worst case and best case scenario advice. It's the CYA method.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:55 am

I'm craving some alphabet soup.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:58 am

A guy just walked in looking for Dr. Smith, whose office occupies the other half of our building.

"His office is next door," I told him.

"Does it have a name on the building?"

"It's in this building."

"How will I recognize it?"

"Go out the door, turn left, and Dr. Smith's door will be on the left."

"How far down the sidewalk do I go?"

"Until you see a doorway that looks exactly like ours on the other end of the building."

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 9:59 am

I should not look at my son's FB page. He is making extra money by selling his freshman orientation T-shirt to someone.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 10:02 am

UPS guys have great legs.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 6th, 2010, 10:05 am

CathyCA wrote:UPS guys have great legs.
Yes, they do. =p~
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 6th, 2010, 11:07 am

I've gone to the gas side. :-o
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Uniflame-40-0 ... l/13258773
Only $98 in the store, and they put it together for me for free. Bought it @2 pm on Tuesday afternoon and was cooking on it at 7 pm. B-) I also bought a "smoker box" and some hickory chips to flavor the meat. Tuesday's NY Strip steak and chicken breasts were excellent! :happy-bouncyblue: Wednesday night's pork chops were too (although I didn't use the wood chips on the pork). And it was all so easy and quick! I think I'm going to like this change. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 6th, 2010, 11:15 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I've gone to the gas side. :-o
Only $98 in the store, and they put it together for me for free. Bought it @2 pm on Tuesday afternoon and was cooking on it at 7 pm. B-) I also bought a "smoker box" and some hickory chips to flavor the meat. Tuesday's NY Strip steak and chicken breasts were excellent! :happy-bouncyblue: Wednesday night's pork chops were too (although I didn't use the wood chips on the pork). And it was all so easy and quick! I think I'm going to like this change. B-)
Cool! I know you're going to like it.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 6th, 2010, 11:34 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I've gone to the gas side. :-o
You will definitely enjoy it. Buy yourself an extra grill tank so you won't run out at the wrong time (unless you and B are related; he informed me last night that our grill tank was just about gone. When I asked him why he didn't switch over to the spare, he informed me that the spare was dead, too, and he hadn't thought to mention it or get a new one. X( )
Iron Duke #1471997.