LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » September 28th, 2010, 7:05 pm

We have had an innerspring with a topper. Bad backs are leaning toward foam. I tested a Temperpedic today. I didn't go vey far in testing the $4000 price tag! :twitch: :-o :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 28th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Sam's Club has a 12 inch thick Tempsoma brand Queen size for $449. Reviews are good. I'll probably have to just plan on being ill this Friday, go out and make a decision. :sigh:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 28th, 2010, 8:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The grant is done! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Congratulations!! Way to go!! Woo hoo!!

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 28th, 2010, 8:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The grant is done! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Your boss is an asshole! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Alabama was a fun disaster, but it would have been a more fun disaster with you there. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » September 28th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Congratulations!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Go celebrate, and take a mental health day for all your extra OT hours! :D
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » September 28th, 2010, 9:07 pm

I just got back from Microsoft's company meeting -- held every year at Safeco field, home of the Seattle Mariners. (No chance this year that there'd be a potential post-season conflict.) It's pretty f**kin' inspiring to be with 20,000 fellow geeks and celebrate the year's accomplishments, and better, get to see what's coming next! (My product even got precious demo time, woot!)

Cool factoid of the day -- 1 in every 7 people in the world use Microsoft products. Some days, it feels pretty good to work for a company with that sort of impact. :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 28th, 2010, 9:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Your boss is an asshole! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Alabama was a fun disaster, but it would have been a more fun disaster with you there. :D
The boss put in about twice as many hours on the grant as I did, so I'm willing to cut him some slack. A co-worker and I were there all day on Saturday and Sunday, and the boss bought lunch for us. He also paid for me to park in the parking garage on Sunday.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 28th, 2010, 9:21 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:

Actually, the boss did tell me I should take a day or two. Might bank it until next weekend - I'm headed home for my dad's 70th birthday.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 28th, 2010, 9:22 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Bad news: 10 hr work day today, 10 hr work day yesterday. Good news: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For better or worse, the grant is out the door on Tuesday. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
When the grant is done, will you get to work more normal hours for a while?
Will you be able to come east :happy-bouncyblue: on the 15th and 16th for Countdown to Crazieness and Brunchgate/Miami?
I'd like to. Going to have to figure out my schedule. The weekend before that is my dad's 70th birthday.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:He also paid for me to park in the parking garage on Sunday.
What a winner. X( On side note, I am happy you got your grant done..congrats to that. :happy-bouncyblue:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 29th, 2010, 5:39 am

Congrats to both AD and DA. :happy-bouncyblue:

Might one say that the other has the initials in the wrong order? :))
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 29th, 2010, 8:17 am

Yay! I bought tickets to the VT game October 23rd. :D I've only seen the stadium, never been in it. TNTdevil and Stephanie are joining me. My mom lives 30 minutes away, so we have a place to stay, makes the trip easy, plus there's that awesome beer store. The bummer part is I will miss DukePA's oyster roast. :(
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 29th, 2010, 8:21 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yay! I bought tickets to the VT game October 23rd. :D I've only seen the stadium, never been in it. TNTdevil and Stephanie are joining me. My mom lives 30 minutes away, so we have a place to stay, makes the trip easy, plus there's that awesome beer store. The bummer part is I will miss DukePA's oyster roast. :(
Wave to CLD from the stands. That's a "bus trip" so all the cheerleaders go. I am on call that weekend so no road trip for me to hokietown or the coast.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 29th, 2010, 8:25 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

I decided to take today off. I'm just too tired to get excited about going to work today. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll be outdoors with my camera at some point. Zoo? MoBot? Cash in Groupon for river cruise/tour? Visit cemetery where Dred Scott, Tennessee Williams, and Gen. William T. Sherman are buried?
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 29th, 2010, 8:35 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

I decided to take today off. I'm just too tired to get excited about going to work today. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'll be outdoors with my camera at some point. Zoo? MoBot? Cash in Groupon for river cruise/tour? Visit cemetery where Dred Scott, Tennessee Williams, and Gen. William T. Sherman are buried?
Congrats on the grant. Bask in the accomplishment for a day or two. Heck, stretch it out to include the whole weekend :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 29th, 2010, 9:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: quote="ArkieDukie" The grant is done! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: /quote

Actually, the boss did tell me I should take a day or two. Might bank it until next weekend - I'm headed home for my dad's 70th birthday.
Happy birthday, Dad! Cherish every one of them.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 29th, 2010, 10:42 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yay! I bought tickets to the VT game October 23rd. :D I've only seen the stadium, never been in it. TNTdevil and Stephanie are joining me. My mom lives 30 minutes away, so we have a place to stay, makes the trip easy, plus there's that awesome beer store. The bummer part is I will miss DukePA's oyster roast. :(
Lane Stadium is a LOT of fun. My wife took me there when we were dating, back when Michael Vick was playing for them. It's HUGE, and the fans get pretty loud when things are going well. Have fun. Walk around campus while you're there. It's probably my second favorite behind Duke.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 29th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Just got an e-mail that really annoyed me. We have this lab that submits samples that are not the type we normally analyze, and I'm the person that runs them. The instrument that I use for analyzing their samples has been in use, getting data for the big grant. And I have to take some things apart in order to run their samples. The person that dropped off the sample (with attitude - wouldn't fill out the requisite paperwork, gave us a 2-day deadline for running the sample) e-mailed earlier this week, asking when I'd be able to run his sample. I told him it would be sometime in the next few days. Today another person in the lab sent an e-mail to my boss, asking that he check on the status of their sample. Nothing ticks me off more than people going above my head when they don't like the answer they got. Basically, they were trying to get me in trouble. What was I supposed to do, stop writing to run their samples? They don't seem to get the fact that their samples are an inconvenience, and dropping them off and saying that they need the results within a couple of days is not exactly the way to win friends and influence people. Especially when we're in the middle of getting data for and writing a multimillion dollar grant. X(

The other kicker? They're requesting that I run their sample in a way for which we're not set up. We've told them this, numerous times. What the heck do we have to do, take out a frakkin' billboard? X( :doh:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 29th, 2010, 9:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just got an e-mail that really annoyed me. We have this lab that submits samples that are not the type we normally analyze, and I'm the person that runs them. The instrument that I use for analyzing their samples has been in use, getting data for the big grant. And I have to take some things apart in order to run their samples. The person that dropped off the sample (with attitude - wouldn't fill out the requisite paperwork, gave us a 2-day deadline for running the sample) e-mailed earlier this week, asking when I'd be able to run his sample. I told him it would be sometime in the next few days. Today another person in the lab sent an e-mail to my boss, asking that he check on the status of their sample. Nothing ticks me off more than people going above my head when they don't like the answer they got. Basically, they were trying to get me in trouble. What was I supposed to do, stop writing to run their samples? They don't seem to get the fact that their samples are an inconvenience, and dropping them off and saying that they need the results within a couple of days is not exactly the way to win friends and influence people. Especially when we're in the middle of getting data for and writing a multimillion dollar grant. X(

The other kicker? They're requesting that I run their sample in a way for which we're not set up. We've told them this, numerous times. What the heck do we have to do, take out a frakkin' billboard? X( :doh:
More shin kicks! I hate it when people do that. Our police officers are forever getting advice from us that they don't want to hear (like, we won't charge until you talk to the victim, or the defendant, or until the DNA comes back, etc.) so they go to the boss.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 29th, 2010, 9:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Just got an e-mail that really annoyed me. We have this lab that submits samples that are not the type we normally analyze, and I'm the person that runs them. The instrument that I use for analyzing their samples has been in use, getting data for the big grant. And I have to take some things apart in order to run their samples. The person that dropped off the sample (with attitude - wouldn't fill out the requisite paperwork, gave us a 2-day deadline for running the sample) e-mailed earlier this week, asking when I'd be able to run his sample. I told him it would be sometime in the next few days. Today another person in the lab sent an e-mail to my boss, asking that he check on the status of their sample. Nothing ticks me off more than people going above my head when they don't like the answer they got. Basically, they were trying to get me in trouble. What was I supposed to do, stop writing to run their samples? They don't seem to get the fact that their samples are an inconvenience, and dropping them off and saying that they need the results within a couple of days is not exactly the way to win friends and influence people. Especially when we're in the middle of getting data for and writing a multimillion dollar grant. X(

More shin kicks! I hate it when people do that. Our police officers are forever getting advice from us that they don't want to hear (like, we won't charge until you talk to the victim, or the defendant, or until the DNA comes back, etc.) so they go to the boss.
Sending shin kicks to the police officers for you!
-- Albert Einstein