LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » September 27th, 2010, 7:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Bad news: 10 hr work day today, 10 hr work day yesterday. Good news: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For better or worse, the grant is out the door on Tuesday. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
When the grant is done, will you get to work more normal hours for a while?
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 27th, 2010, 8:25 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Bad news: 10 hr work day today, 10 hr work day yesterday. Good news: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For better or worse, the grant is out the door on Tuesday. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
When the grant is done, will you get to work more normal hours for a while?
Will you be able to come east :happy-bouncyblue: on the 15th and 16th for Countdown to Crazieness and Brunchgate/Miami?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 27th, 2010, 2:03 pm

captmojo wrote:I'm looking for advice, too. :sigh:
Gotta buy a new bed and I'm considering a completely 'Memory-foam' mattress. We've had toppers on conventional mattresses and found good comfort, so the thought is why not the whole thing. :-?
So, how 'bout it? Anybody here own one of these things? How do you like it? Does your back feel as though it will require surgery before using it again, or do you get up feeling you might have a winning chance against the world heavyweight champion? :-B
I like the idea of a 'platform' bed with storage drawers underneath. Looks like a good place to store bedding materials. Then again, it might look like a good place for a 'Stick-up'. :twitch:
We have a sleep number bed with a memory foam topper, and we LOVE it. My wife has the soft side, and I like a hard mattress, so it works out well. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » September 27th, 2010, 3:15 pm

bjornolf wrote:
We have a sleep number bed with a memory foam topper, and we LOVE it. My wife has the soft side, and I like a hard mattress, so it works out well. :D

@};-
How does that work? We have a sleep number bed, which I also love as it maintains marital harmony -- I call his side the hammock and prefer my side nearly at 100.

But if you put a memory foam topper doesn't it make your side soft? Also, I tend to worry about overheating when I sleep and memory foam feels like it would promote heat trappage. How's that work out in real life?

Sorry capt-- no advice, but I do love my sleep number bed (even though I mocked my then fiance for even making his bed a gadget)
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 27th, 2010, 3:34 pm

If you ask someone, on a form, what their first or second career choice is, and they mark the first as undecided and the second as ophthalmology, doesn't that really mean that ophthalmology is their first choice?
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 27th, 2010, 3:45 pm

TillyGalore wrote:If you ask someone, on a form, what their first or second career choice is, and they mark the first as undecided and the second as ophthalmology, doesn't that really mean that ophthalmology is their first choice?
Nah, that's just something they're doing to pass the time until they actually figure out what they want to be when they grow up.
-- DukeUsul
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 27th, 2010, 3:50 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:If you ask someone, on a form, what their first or second career choice is, and they mark the first as undecided and the second as ophthalmology, doesn't that really mean that ophthalmology is their first choice?
Nah, that's just something they're doing to pass the time until they actually figure out what they want to be when they grow up.
It's not like their locked into these pics. We ask to get to know them better.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 27th, 2010, 4:22 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
It's not like their locked into these pics. We ask to get to know them better.
When I grow up I want to play center field for the Yankees.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 27th, 2010, 4:26 pm

bluebutton wrote: How does that work? We have a sleep number bed, which I also love as it maintains marital harmony -- I call his side the hammock and prefer my side nearly at 100.

But if you put a memory foam topper doesn't it make your side soft? Also, I tend to worry about overheating when I sleep and memory foam feels like it would promote heat trappage. How's that work out in real life?

Sorry capt-- no advice, but I do love my sleep number bed (even though I mocked my then fiance for even making his bed a gadget)
[showingconsiderablerestraintnottomakeajokeaboutwomenlikingthingshard] There's a joke here, but I'll wait for EJ or Colchar to make it... And I won't even go into "gadgets".[/restraint] (Phewww!) =)) =)) =))

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 27th, 2010, 5:32 pm

bluebutton wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};-
How does that work? We have a sleep number bed, which I also love as it maintains marital harmony -- I call his side the hammock and prefer my side nearly at 100.

I haven't noticed heat trap problems. As for the softness, the topper is fairly thin, so you still have solid underneath it, it just cushions the parts that don't usually touch. Works well, I think.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 27th, 2010, 8:29 pm

On Tuesday 8PM, ESPN's 30 for 30 film is directed by Ezra Holland and Steve Nash. It's all about Terry Fox.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 27th, 2010, 10:08 pm

:animals-ginger: :animals-ginger: :animals-ginger:
:D :D :D
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 28th, 2010, 7:23 am

CathyCA wrote::animals-ginger: :animals-ginger: :animals-ginger:
:)) :))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 28th, 2010, 7:25 am

TillyGalore wrote:
CathyCA wrote::animals-ginger: :animals-ginger: :animals-ginger:
:)) :))
;)
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 28th, 2010, 11:20 am

Lavabe wrote:On Tuesday 8PM, ESPN's 30 for 30 film is directed by Ezra Holland and Steve Nash. It's all about Terry Fox.

It is supposed to be very very good. I missed it when it was originally broadcast up here but it will definitely be replayed.

For those who do not know the story, watch the film. Trust me.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 28th, 2010, 5:52 pm

The grant is done! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 28th, 2010, 6:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The grant is done! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Congratulations! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Go get yourself a Pumpkin Pie Concrete or whatever Ted Drewes calls it. Or a bottle of wine. Or both.

Heck - hang a banner! :D
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 28th, 2010, 6:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:The grant is done! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Congratulations! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Go get yourself a Pumpkin Pie Concrete or whatever Ted Drewes calls it. Or a bottle of wine. Or both.

Heck - hang a banner! :D
Ooh - Ted Drewe's. What a great idea! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I'm currently trying to clear some shows from my DVR. Was planning to hit Target to get lunch supplies once traffic dies down a bit. Next stop: Ted Drewe's. Or maybe first stop, Ted Drewe's. :think:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 28th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Yay! Congratulations! Do what Lavabe said! Celebrate! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 28th, 2010, 6:39 pm

Congratulations!

~ James Naismith