LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 12:43 pm

I'm getting sleepy, very sleepy. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 13th, 2010, 7:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm getting sleepy, very sleepy. . .
Hopefully a good nap was a prelude to feeling better...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 10:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
I had a great nap.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2010, 11:07 pm

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
I had a great nap.
Nap or drug-induced coma?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 14th, 2010, 8:42 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Hopefully a good nap was a prelude to feeling better...
I had a great nap.
Nap or drug-induced coma?
Either way for me all that matters is how I feel after getting up...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 14th, 2010, 8:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Some Eye Candy for the Ladies

Now US Open Champion Rafael Nadal
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2010, 9:19 am

YmoBeThere wrote:

=p~ =p~

You know, if this picture was on the "Good morning" thread, I would not be able to start out my day with a "harumph."
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 14th, 2010, 9:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:

Thank you, again. :)
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 11:36 am

devildeac wrote: Nap or drug-induced coma?
Drugs.

~ James Naismith
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 14th, 2010, 4:19 pm

Woo Hoo!!!!!

My brother (or maybe my sister-in-law as they are in her name) just scored us a couple of pairs of tickets to the Toronto Maple Leafs' exhibition opener against the much hated Ottawa Senators next Thursday!!

NHL hockey tickets are like gold up here and the season typically sells out within an hour or two of tickets being released (I just checked a bunch of other games throughout the season and couldn't get tickets to any of them) so, despite this being a pre-season game, it is still awesome! I don't know how much tickets go for down wherever y'all are located but, up here, individual ticket prices range from $35.50 (standing room or obstructed view seating) all the way up to $658.50 (and yes, those sell out immediately as well). Their being able to charge over $650 per ticket and still sell them out should give you some idea of how valuable hockey tickets are up here (playoff tickets are even more valuable and scalpers regularly get $1000+ per ticket for average seats - the best seats go for higher than that).
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 14th, 2010, 4:29 pm

colchar wrote:Woo Hoo!!!!!

My brother (or maybe my sister-in-law as they are in her name) just scored us a couple of pairs of tickets to the Toronto Maple Leafs' exhibition opener against the much hated Ottawa Senators next Thursday!!

NHL hockey tickets are like gold up here and the season typically sells out within an hour or two of tickets being released (I just checked a bunch of other games throughout the season and couldn't get tickets to any of them) so, despite this being a pre-season game, it is still awesome! I don't know how much tickets go for down wherever y'all are located but, up here, individual ticket prices range from $35.50 (standing room or obstructed view seating) all the way up to $658.50 (and yes, those sell out immediately as well). Their being able to charge over $650 per ticket and still sell them out should give you some idea of how valuable hockey tickets are up here (playoff tickets are even more valuable and scalpers regularly get $1000+ per ticket for average seats - the best seats go for higher than that).
Congratulations! Who's going with you?

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Congratulations! Go Leafs!
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2010, 4:36 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Sounds like his brother and his SIL. :)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2010, 4:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Congratulations! Go Leafs!
Nice try. I'd bet that you're in court that day. =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 14th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Memo to victim: no, I can't help you get your lights out of your cousin's name, and PLEASE, for the love of all that's holy, DO NOT tell me you kited a check to the power company.
Iron Duke #1471997.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 14th, 2010, 4:54 pm

Congratulations! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 14th, 2010, 5:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:

My brother and my sister-in-law will take one pair and my Dad and I will take the other. I offered my ticket to my Mom but she declined.

I entered a draw for tickets prior them getting these so you just know that, when the winners are announced tomorrow, I'll be one of them. But if they hadn't gotten these I wouldn't win anything tomorrow.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 15th, 2010, 2:44 am

WOW!!!

It is now 2:43am and I had the last post here in the LTE at 5:06pm. Did I kill the thread or something?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 15th, 2010, 7:32 am

colchar wrote:WOW!!!

It is now 2:43am and I had the last post here in the LTE at 5:06pm. Did I kill the thread or something?
Kill it? No. But you did inflict a serious wound. :(( :(( :((

Just kidding of course. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 15th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Since this thread seems to be on life support, I'll ask this here - is anyone else finding the site slow (almost painfully so) today?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------