LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 12th, 2010, 11:35 pm

OOOOH! I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear that it's all over! Good luck, kid ! Enjoy your induced rest!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » September 13th, 2010, 2:00 am

CathyCA wrote:
I'll be out of it for a while. I've seen my drugs, and they are powerful--Triazolam, Hydrocodone and an antibiotic, Azithromycin, plus whatever IV cocktail he gives me tomorrow.

We all look forward to some 'stoned off your ass' PWing over the next few days ;)

I'm one of those people for whom dental work is never an issue - doesn't matter what it is, from wisdom tooth extraction to root canal, it just doesn't bother me at all. I think a large part of the reason it doesn't bother me is that I go in with the attitude that whatever they are going to do to me isn't going to be a big deal - mind over matter! So just go in with that attitude and you'll cruise through this procedure.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 13th, 2010, 7:20 am

CathyCA wrote:I'm having some oral surgery tomorrow. My dentist simply cannot deal with the amount of bone I have in my lower jaw, so he sent me to a periodontist who's going to remove it with a hammer and chisel.

I'll be out of it for a while. I've seen my drugs, and they are powerful--Triazolam, Hydrocodone and an antibiotic, Azithromycin, plus whatever IV cocktail he gives me tomorrow.

My periodontist has a very nice office. It makes me wish that I had paid more attention in chemistry class. . .
Definitely not fun. :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY:

When I was 17 and they took out my wisdom teeth, the doctor said I had some of the thickest, most entrenched teeth he'd ever extracted. He ended up breaking two of them into 1/4s with a drill through the middle, then he had to use a drill to break up the bone a little bit on either side of those two teeth. I was pretty bruised and beat up when he was done. Felt like my face had gone through a particularly rough rugby game (this is when I played rugby). It was not fun. And the worst part is that pain killers do almost nothing for me. I've been told I have a condition of the liver that causes me to process drugs and alcohol at an obscene rate. Even surgical anesthetic goes through me like you know what through you know what. If I take a tylenol III or a vicodin, I get some relief withing about 15 minutes, but it's worn off by minute 45. I seldom bother with pain meds unless it's REALLY bad, or unless I'm supposed to take it for swelling. SO, I feel your pain. However, this too shall pass.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:24 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I'm having some oral surgery tomorrow. My dentist simply cannot deal with the amount of bone I have in my lower jaw, so he sent me to a periodontist who's going to remove it with a hammer and chisel.

My periodontist has a very nice office. It makes me wish that I had paid more attention in chemistry class. . .
Oh.My. :-o :((

That just sounds..... :-o :((

I hope you have someone lined up to get you home tomorrow? And maybe babysit you for a day? Because with that drug line up, whoa.... I'd be lucky to be able to open the pill bottles by myself, much less remember what I took when.

Big doses of vibes for a fast, worry-free recovery!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, DA. I'm fortunate to have my mom nearby. She's taking care of me and my kid this week.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:25 am

captmojo wrote:

:chores-chopwood: :character-jason: :auto-ambulance: :tools-hammerdrill: :violence-axechase:
These guys will teach you not to have too much bone!
Recover soon. :twitch:
Thanks, Capt.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:25 am

TillyGalore wrote:

Vibes that everything goes well and you're not in too much pain.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, Tilly!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:26 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

:wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray:

Vibes and prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
Thanks, Counselor!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:27 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Vibes for a successful surgery and a quick and painless recovery! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks, Ozzie!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:27 am

DukieInKansas wrote:CathyCA - prayers and vibes that everything goes smoothly tomorrow and you have a speedy recovery.
Thanks, DinK!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:28 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OOOOH! I'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear that it's all over! Good luck, kid ! Enjoy your induced rest!
Love, Ima
Thanks, Ima!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:30 am

colchar wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

We all look forward to some 'stoned off your ass' PWing over the next few days ;)

I'm one of those people for whom dental work is never an issue - doesn't matter what it is, from wisdom tooth extraction to root canal, it just doesn't bother me at all. I think a large part of the reason it doesn't bother me is that I go in with the attitude that whatever they are going to do to me isn't going to be a big deal - mind over matter! So just go in with that attitude and you'll cruise through this procedure.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Sadly, I've had so much dental work over the years, that I KNOW what he's going to do to me is going to hurt.

But thanks for the good wishes, and for understanding that my posting will be incoherent over the next few days.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 13th, 2010, 7:32 am

Vibes for successful surgery and quick recovery! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:33 am

bjornolf wrote:

When I was 17 and they took out my wisdom teeth, the doctor said I had some of the thickest, most entrenched teeth he'd ever extracted. He ended up breaking two of them into 1/4s with a drill through the middle, then he had to use a drill to break up the bone a little bit on either side of those two teeth. I was pretty bruised and beat up when he was done. Felt like my face had gone through a particularly rough rugby game (this is when I played rugby). It was not fun. And the worst part is that pain killers do almost nothing for me. I've been told I have a condition of the liver that causes me to process drugs and alcohol at an obscene rate. Even surgical anesthetic goes through me like you know what through you know what. If I take a tylenol III or a vicodin, I get some relief withing about 15 minutes, but it's worn off by minute 45. I seldom bother with pain meds unless it's REALLY bad, or unless I'm supposed to take it for swelling. SO, I feel your pain. However, this too shall pass.

@};-
Dear Bjornolf,

Thank you for the cheery story about dental work on the morning of my dental surgery.

Love, Cathy :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :rivet: :rivet: :rivet: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused:

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 13th, 2010, 7:33 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Vibes for successful surgery and quick recovery! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks, AD!

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 13th, 2010, 7:41 am

CathyCA wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};-
Dear Bjornolf,

Thank you for the cheery story about dental work on the morning of my dental surgery.

Love, Cathy :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :rivet: :rivet: :rivet: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused:
Hey, at least pain killers WORK for you. :D Be glad about that!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 13th, 2010, 7:51 am

This exchange deserves its own thread.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 13th, 2010, 7:56 am

devildeac wrote:This exchange deserves its own thread.
Yup. Time for a mod to get off his Barcalounger and do some thread movin'. No free rides here, mods! =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 13th, 2010, 11:17 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:The 50 yen coin has a hole in the center. WHY? What's the logic?
Must be inflation. The 5 yen coin had a hole in it when I lived there and the 50 yen didn't.
They both have a hole. And the 5 yen is bigger than the 50 yen.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 13th, 2010, 11:19 am

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:The 50 yen coin has a hole in the center. WHY? What's the logic?
Must be inflation. The 5 yen coin had a hole in it when I lived there and the 50 yen didn't.
They both have a hole. And the 5 yen is bigger than the 50 yen.
Is the 50 yen still silver and 5 yen bronze - colorwise? Does the 1 yen still feel like a good breeze would blow it out of your hand because it is so light?
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 13th, 2010, 12:23 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Is the 50 yen still silver and 5 yen bronze - colorwise? Does the 1 yen still feel like a good breeze would blow it out of your hand because it is so light?
Yes. Yes.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.